1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Teacher fired for getting pregnant .....

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by FrankRizzo, Apr 12, 2012.

1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 59 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Poppa San

Poppa San Pray daily and take the plunge for Eli Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +858 / 29 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    I can't dispute what the school decided. They should have the right to hold their employees up to the standards they are teaching.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 59 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    Agreed
  4. sped2010

sped2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Just to play devil's advocate, but what if the teacher was raped? Should she still be fired then? Obviously that doesn't seem to be the case here, but I don't know... I respect what the school was trying to do, but I don't think it's right.
  5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,532 / 86 / -26
    clearly she should have aborted it, then she would still have her job. And as a science teacher she could display it in class in a jar.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 59 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    She wasn't raped, so that's moot. Forget the crazy "what ifs".... this case is hot button enough as it is.

You do respect the values the school is trying to teach, but still don't think it's right they stand by them?? :confused:
    They have to.
    Otherwise, when you have leadership positions teaching the wrong things, bad, poor morals... well then you just have situations like the leader of the USA, President Clinton having marital affairs inside the White House...
  7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,532 / 86 / -26
    We have had 2 gay presidents, I could care less what happens personally inside the white house.

The govt needs to stay out of peoples personal lives. Including presidents.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. NACHOMAN

NACHOMAN Sailing the seas of cheese

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Wow, how embracing of the Church. Thats why there has been many that have changed to be more loving and humanitarian. Judge Not!!!! I ask myself "what would Jesus do?" I believe my Jesus would provide council, love and compassion, understanding and let her keep her job. We all fall short of the Lords moral standards, that is why his son was crucified and rose again. Matthew 25:40
    The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one ofthe least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Yeah I have to record Packer games because Im a facilities director at church from 6-2 every Sunday. I travel the world doing mission work by building shelters and playgrounds for orphanages with the talents that the Lord enabled me to excel in,and I provide for a family of four. But God loves her knocked up *** as much as me and you and the pastors in the video.

Oh by the way, I spent five years of my life as an opiate addict. And I'm probably immoral to somebody standing in the corner with an opinion.

She got pregnant out of wedlock. Come on!!!
    And fourth graders can learn what not to do by example.
    Free will, temptation, and forgiveness.
  9. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +925 / 16 / -9
    Makes me want to snuggle up with the Book of Leviticus tonight. I wonder if anyone has done a background check on the Headmaster? It's usually the guys that throw the first stones that have loaded down closets.
  10. NACHOMAN

NACHOMAN Sailing the seas of cheese

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    I know huh. I don't even know why I clicked on the thread or for that matter commented on it. I thought it was going to be some shocking story. It was either that , or rant on who I think we should try and draft for an OLB, or better yet give my opinion on AJ Hawk. So I thought I would speak on loving thy neighbor. Friday the 13th, time to pour a Mojito, cook a steak, and have Cuban cigar on the patio and enjoy a rainy evening in California. Peace!!!!
  11. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 59 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    Guys, this lady wasn't killed or whipped, flogged, hung, etc.
    She was let go from this job for violating the rules of that church.

I'm sure there are plenty of jobs for her out there, and I know there are plenty of people who can fill her shoes there who will abide by the agreed-upon rules.

I think it's a great lesson for the kids actually.
  12. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +378 / 29 / -5
    Packer Fan Since:
    I know it takes 2. Ifthey don't want a kid then both of them need to keep their pants up. Why make that baby pay for their inability to control their hormones. Adoption NOT abortion
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +925 / 16 / -9
    Could be, FR - she signed the contract and I'm a "contract" kinda guy that lives and dies on a daily basis with 6-point print. My reference was nothing more than me stating my skepticism of the overtly pious nature of these contractual clauses -- particularly where religious entities are concerned. Regardless of denomination, they don't have a real good track record you know. My response was certainly not directed at anyone who might hold a more social-conservative opinion than my own.

It is, in my opinion, within the school's domain to set loosely worded catch-all clauses within an employment contract that dictates acceptable morality. I choose to live by one of the rather isolated and largely forgotten tenets of The Book, hammered into my youthful skull for 13 years of parochial education and some months of seminary training, from Matthew I believe, "Judge not that ye be not judged." Actually, the phrase is used a lot but, usually as a precursor to the speaker "judging" someone. :) Anyway...

I give them credit for not keeping her on board and forcing her to wear a Red "F" (for Fornicator) on her blouse.
  14. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +925 / 16 / -9
    In the Atrium ... it's acceptable to not discuss the need for an OLB. ;) The last sentence clearly provides evidence that YOU sir, have the right idea. :)
  15. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 59 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    True true true, and also Love Thy Neighbor.

But in this case, the school is not "judging" her, nor are they "not loving her".
    It's sticking to values, contracts, rules.

My kids break rules, I have to give them consequences for their actions, their poor choices.

It's not judging them. This lady is not being sentenced to prison by a judge.

I still love my kids. We still love they neighbor.

This lady chose to get pregnant out of wedlock. We don't sentence her to prison or hell.
    But our rules, if followed, mean her actions forced her to no longer work for us. That's all. Everyone else will still hire her.
    And we still love her.
  16. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +925 / 16 / -9
    Yeah...I know... my wife chose to get pregnant 22 years ago. ;) Not complaining, I was there too...but...but..but...she tricked me - got me drunk first and THEN tricked me. The little sneak... and ever since then, she claims that when the Lord said "Go forth. Be fruitful and multiply" ... that he was pointing directly at HER.
  17. metallicblaze

metallicblaze Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0