TAYLOR WANTS OUT OF MIAMI?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
A league source tells us that, in the wake of the Miami Dolphins' acquisition of defensive ends Vonnie Holliday and Kevin Carter, Pro Bowl defensive end Jason Taylor soon could be requesting a trade out of Miami.

Taylor, we hear, is miffed by the possibility that he'll be shifted to outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme. Such a change would reducing Taylor's sacks by limiting the number of times that he actually would be rushing the passer.

The fact that Taylor is a prominent member of the "old guard" Dolphins players also could be influencing the burgeoning feud. New coach Nick Saban, we suspect, probably would like to jettison holdover players who are in position to undermine the new regime in the locker room. But Saban surely can't unilaterally dump Taylor with incurring the wrath of the fan base and the local media (whom Saban already has pissed off by clamping down on the flow of information).

So what better way to engineer Taylor's exit than to goad him into asking to be traded? This way, Saban gets what we believe he really wants without (if he's lucky) the P.R. fallout.

If Taylor ends up on the block, the most obvious trade partners are any of the three teams with franchise-tagged running back.

The Seahawks have running Shaun Alexander, and need a replacement of Chike Okeafor. The Bengals have Rudi Johnson, and Justin Smith is entering the final year of his contract. And the Colts have Edgerrin James as part of an offense with far more firepower than the team's defense.

The fact that Dwight Freeney is entrenched as the right-side defensive end in Indy might, on the surface, reduce the Colts' interest in Taylor. However, Taylor moved around a good bit in 2004, and he got half of his sacks from the left side, where he typically was facing the opponents' second best tackle.

Stay tuned. We have a feeling that the situation is going to deteriorate quickly in South Florida

Trade Green or Davenport for him. Or does Miami have a RB now? I think they're still after the Edge.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This could be interesting,but can we afford him? It would be nice to get something for Davenport other than a 4th rd pick after this year.

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
I'm not reading anything into this. That article sounds like pure speculation. Even if Taylor does request a trade, the Pack can't afford him unless they shipped Green. There's no way I would trade Green for a guy entering his 10th year in the league. By the way, neither would TT.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Word is Taylor is only due 3M this comimg season. Our 1st rd pick or the release of Sharper would take care of that. Is he healthy, would Bates want him, and what would Miami want for him? Likewise, I'd like to know what his contract is for the next couple of years. I'm sure GB would want him at least 4 seasons if they traded a #1 draft pick for him. I know Holliday played T in college and Carter has played inside w/ the Rams; I am not sold on the idea that Miami would all of a sudden try to make Taylor a standup player after 9 very successfull years as an All-Pro DE.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts