Taylor covets bigger market, sources say

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
linky:

“I don’t see it happening,” a source close to Taylor said Friday.

“He’s been through that quarterback thing before,” the source said. “He doesn’t want to go through it again. Maybe if Favre was still there, but even that wouldn’t be a given.”
--------------------------------------------------------

There you have it.

What a piece of work\****.

Not only does he want a trade off his bad team and want to go to a good team, he wants it to be a big market. And not a cold weather team, he wants to go to a warm city.*

Basically, he wants to go to the Chargers. Just say it, *******.

*He never said anything about cold\warm weather. That's next week.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See? Thats why i refused to get all excited about the "news". 9 times out of 10 it ends up like this.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and for the record, this proves a point I tried to make during the Favre days about his indecision on retirement every year. Players DO care if ur coming back and it DOES make an impact on their decision.

I'm glad Taylor is going this route. Nice (not) knowing you.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm relieved. I was hoping he wouldn't end up here. That's all we need is an older player who has seen his best days already and is looking for a warm place to spend his remaining years.

They just don't make'em tough like Favre and Driver any more.

packer_backer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
theyre just trying to keep these rumors on the down low. im expecting a #99 on the d-line not named corey williams by the season opener.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well that clinches it. Wherever he goes, the quarterback is going down with a season ending injury and he'll be stuck with a backup. Way to lay a hex Jason.

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only does he want a trade off his bad team and want to go to a good team, he wants it to be a big market. And not a cold weather team, he wants to go to a warm city.*

Basically, he wants to go to the Chargers. Just say it, *******.
:bye:

if this is true we sure dont need him

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He would rather go play with Phillip Rivers? If thats his idea of good judgement then why would we want him.

Theres only one reason i would sign Jason Taylor. To keep him off the Dallas roster.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Taylor would rather go to Dallas, New England, or San Diego.

Problem is I think he's a bad fit for the 3-4 defense. I think he'd be ok in it but in a 4-3, he is very dominating player.

Once again though we'll see what happens. This is a source that wasn't named. If it was his agent like I read then wouldn't he just come out and say it's his agent and shoot down this rumor entirely.

He didn't. That tells me one way or another Taylor does want out of Miami and a call from a veteran like Charles Woodson or even a call from Brett Favre saying the team is going to be good without him could make Taylor want to be a Packer. Nothing is impossible in the world of sports.

I'm just speculating.

I agree that if he's one and done then don't waste your time but if he can play 2 or 3 years then I'm a go for it. Obviously he'd have to commit to that. Possibly a 3rd rounder in 09 and another pick in 2010.

This dancing with the stars stuff isn't a big deal to me at all. Michael Strahan didn't report to the Giants until the last day of training camp last year and that turned out well for him and the N.Y. Giants.

Sadie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion, whether we like it or not, this deal will be made. The people who are saying they do not want Taylor will be the same people eating crow wearing his jersey if he has an amazing season here. Give it a chance. The Packers have nothing to lose.

Draft picks are never certain but Jason Taylor is. We know what we can get from him. He's not a locker room cancer and he's a class act that is good with the media. I honestly think that a player of Jason Taylor's caliber cannot be passed up if healthy and committed to football. Make it happen.

hosemeoff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packer_backer said:
theyre just trying to keep these rumors on the down low. im expecting a #99 on the d-line not named corey williams by the season opener.

I'd be pretty happy to see a #99 that is named Corey Williams on our d-line. I fear he will be tough to replace but hope Harrell makes a leap this year.

Trom, we get it. You're happy Favre's gone. Many of us are not, so why don't you refrain from making comments about him like you wish he would refrain from talking with the media. If you keep mentioning his name he may never go away (oh the horror - Favre zombies roaming around Green Bay for centuries feeding on the brains of the living after, of course, they are stuffed into a Madden Turducken)!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See? Thats why i refused to get all excited about the "news". 9 times out of 10 it ends up like this.

Heh. I wasn't excited. I was hoping we wouldn't sign him.

He's 33, and already beginning to taper off. Although I don't claim to predict the future, I think it's safe to say his production will drastically decline within the next few years.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packer_backer said:

I'd be pretty happy to see a #99 that is named Corey Williams on our d-line. I fear he will be tough to replace but hope Harrell makes a leap this year.

Trom, we get it. You're happy Favre's gone. Many of us are not, so why don't you refrain from making comments about him like you wish he would refrain from talking with the media. If you keep mentioning his name he may never go away (oh the horror - Favre zombies roaming around Green Bay for centuries feeding on the brains of the living after, of course, they are stuffed into a Madden Turducken)!

yeah trom. you suck

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm not sure how anything I said in this thread gives off the impression I'm happy Favre is gone.

I'm sure there are other threads that might give off that impression. You should find one of those.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We obviously don't need the guy. The Packers would be insane to even think about it.

But that doesn't really give us the right to trash a player who's done nothing but good things for the NFL.

Staff online

Latest posts