Tauscher Drawing interest from Washington

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This little section caught my eye

On the offensive side of the ball, we've long established that internally the Skins believe they need two guards and a tackle. They may not have the cap space and budget to go after a money guy here, especially if they were to sign Hall and Canty, for instance, but Mark Tauscher could be a name to watch as well. Tauscher has been a very good right tackle for the Packers for a long time, and is recovering from anterior cruciate ligament surgery. (He will ready for training camp, according to his agent, Neil Cornrich, and, while at 31 he's on the older side, he would be an upgrade if healthy.) He has shined in the postseason in the past against some of the better pass rushers and is a guy who has averaged $5 million a season in the past.

If you get him for a short-term deal, and you want some insurance at a vital position (Chris Samuels is coming off major surgery, even if the Skins do draft a tackle), you could do a whole lot worse. The Skins have only four draft picks and taking a tackle at 13 might not make sense. Tauscher plays squat and is bright, so a switch to the interior would not be impossible. Cornrich would not speak about particular teams in the hunt but did say, "it's been a very aggressive pre-free agency period," when asked about the potential market for Tauscher.

I'm not sure what to think about this as I follow both the pack and the skins, but it sounds like Green Bay is maybe not interested in trying to keep Tauscher (and he is older so maybe that's good for the Packers), still not sure what to make of this and thought I'd share.

OP
OP
V

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahh good find. Hrms..... So if I'm reading these two things correct, if Tauscher gets an offer at a certain level, it sounds like TT won't press the issue, but that Green Bay would like to retain him if they could. That makes me feel better about the situation for sure.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Maybe i'm crazy, but isn't Washington normally linked to every...single...free agent that's available, year in and year out. It certainly seems that way. If there's no cap in 2010, Snyder is going to apeshizz.

Aa-rodg_is_cool

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope we bring em back for a couple years.. if anyone should be leaving its Clifton.. to bad hes not the Free Agent and Tausher is..

OP
OP
V

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jess said:
Maybe i'm crazy, but isn't Washington normally linked to every...single...free agent that's available, year in and year out. It certainly seems that way. If there's no cap in 2010, Snyder is going to apeshizz.

You are right, it does seem that every single FA gets linked to Washington, so I don't know whether to take it as that typical lie to raise a FA price or as the truth.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts