Talking to a Dallas fan

TexasPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had an interesting short conversation with a Dallas fan tonight. He told me we have no shot at beating Dallas because we have no receivers. I asked him if he realized we're currently ranked #1 in passing as of week 10. Of course he had no response. I found it kind of funny and thought I would share on how people here in Texas are feeling about the Packers. This isn't the first time I've heard this since I came back home this past weekend.

I hope the Pack can take these next two weeks to improve our running game while maintaining a passing game that can strike at any time with Favre at the helm. While our defense gets stronger and more confident going into the Dallas/Green Bay at the end of the month.

We will need to bring every weapon we have to beat Dallas at Texas Stadium but if we go in smart and stay smart through out the entire game I have no doubt we will come out on top.

:pop: :pop: :pop:

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess if you don't have any loud out-spoken receivers (read: TO) you don't have any receivers. Hopefully the Dallas coaching staff see things the same way.

Maybe they'll call "60-far-laaaah" (from the Pepsi commercial)

Getcha popcorn ready!! :pop: :pop:

(although we should really take care of Carolina first)

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I spent some time in Corpus back in the 90's... I am sorry to say the Cowboy fans are some of the most un-knowledgeable fans around. Even moreso than most Bears fans. :thumbsup:

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This IMO is going to be the hardest game for us to win, but we can do it. I am hoping we really prepare for this game. I think our receivers this year can stand up to anyone, they have proved that.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I spent some time in Corpus back in the 90's... I am sorry to say the Cowboy fans are some of the most un-knowledgeable fans around. Even moreso than most Bears fans. :thumbsup:
Is that even POSSIBLE!?!?! :wink:

Yeah.....let them keep thinking we have no WR's..........boy, are THEY in for a surprise!!!

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:

Yeah.....let them keep thinking we have no WR's..........boy, are THEY in for a surprise!!!

Yeah its poosible... they are called Vikings fans.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Pack93z said:

Yeah its poosible... they are called Vikings fans.
(Oh.....GOOD one!!!!!!!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, my brother was at a game this weekend and he ran into "one of those" Boys fans who announced that the Pack would finish 8-8. No justification mind you. EIGHT AND EIGHT!

Is Dallas in some big hole somewhere in Texas where the outside world is just unavailable to those that live there?

No signal our what?

It reminds of that movie where the parents taught their kids that the bordering woods was dangerous and you would be killed if you ventured to far. Only to find out real people live on the other side.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is a funny comment. A smart Dallas fan would go on about Jason Whitten and a potential mismatch there with the Packers. That is the player I am most worried about personally.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had an interesting short conversation with a Dallas fan tonight. He told me we have no shot at beating Dallas because we have no receivers. I asked him if he realized we're currently ranked #1 in passing as of week 10. Of course he had no response. I found it kind of funny and thought I would share on how people here in Texas are feeling about the Packers. This isn't the first time I've heard this since I came back home this past weekend.

I hope the Pack can take these next two weeks to improve our running game while maintaining a passing game that can strike at any time with Favre at the helm. While our defense gets stronger and more confident going into the Dallas/Green Bay at the end of the month.

We will need to bring every weapon we have to beat Dallas at Texas Stadium but if we go in smart and stay smart through out the entire game I have no doubt we will come out on top.

:pop: :pop: :pop:

Sounds like this guy isn't that knowledgeable about football. I'd simply dismiss his statements as ignorance and not take anything he said to heart. It's like having your auto mechanic tell you that you have stomach cancer and your doctor telling you that you're using the wrong spark plugs. It means nothing.

Scythe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a post I read on a Cowboy's forum:

"Both are 8-1 going into this weekend. Both are considered #1 and #2 in the NFC, with whichever analyst you happen to be watching them placing the two teams in Dallas/GB or GB/Dallas order. Bu that, to me is where the similarities end.

Romo - young, Moxie filled QB
Favre - old, Moxie filled QB

Edge - Dallas/Romo. While Favre is reaching the end of his career, Romo is really just starting out on his. Riding the pine for 3 years, I believe, helped Romo grow into a better QB. Romo will be playing when Favre has left the reins to the young gun in waiting. While GB is finding out whether their Favre replacement can play, Dallas can build around Romo and continue to improve.

Terrific twosome - Jones and the Barbarian. Sounds like a new tv series pilot. But, it is the two headed monster that is the Dallas running back tandem. One guy beats up the opposing defense, the other one jukes them out of their shoes.
One game wonder - the one headed attack of GB only showed a good game last weekend.

Edge - Dallas/Jones and the Barbarian

Receiving corps - I must be a horrible NFL fan, but I had to go and look up who the recievers are for GB.

Edge - Dallas/Owens, Crayton, Witten, Fasano, Hurd (and Glenn when he returns)

Offensive Line - Flozell the Hotel, Bigg Davis, Columbo, just to name the main three. Who plays for GB?

Edge - Dallas

Defense - GB has been playing lights out on D. But I just can't see their D comparing to Dallas. Tell me who on their D really "SCARES" you? If I were Favre, I would have eyes on the sides and back of my head so I could look out for Ellis, Ware, Spears, Canty, Tank, and LBers on the blitz.

Edge - Dallas.

Just my opinion, but I don't see GB on the same level as Dallas. Yeah, it's a Homeristic view, but one I believe to be true."

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess if you don't have any loud out-spoken receivers (read: TO) you don't have any receivers. Hopefully the Dallas coaching staff see things the same way.

Maybe they'll call "60-far-laaaah" (from the Pepsi commercial)

Getcha popcorn ready!! :pop: :pop:

(although we should really take care of Carolina first)

Yep, that's exactly what it is. People with loud mouthed "superstar" WR's like TO don't recognize any other good receivers in the league, and from 1-5 I'd say we have the best WR's in the league.

By the way, how were you fortunate enough to pick the two coolest teams to be a fan of? Lucky bastard...

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crayton is one of the most overrated WR's in the league this year. He rode the early season overhyping of a great game (week 4), but I didn't see anything special out of him.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is a funny comment. A smart Dallas fan would go on about Jason Whitten and a potential mismatch there with the Packers. That is the player I am most worried about personally.

I don't doubt that Whitten will have a good game. I believe the scheme the Pack runs defensively give up a little there (TE position) for the greater good.
We have shown that good TE's can have good days but we still win the game. We put our LB's on an island to a degree in the coverage schemes but they are freed up to make plays as well which is the trade off there.

I believe we have the personnel to make TO less affective than usual and to lower their yards on the ground as well.

I think they will be in for alot more ballgame then they may believe they are.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a post I read on a Cowboy's forum:

"Both are 8-1 going into this weekend. Both are considered #1 and #2 in the NFC, with whichever analyst you happen to be watching them placing the two teams in Dallas/GB or GB/Dallas order. Bu that, to me is where the similarities end.

Romo - young, Moxie filled QB
Favre - old, Moxie filled QB

Edge - Dallas/Romo. While Favre is reaching the end of his career, Romo is really just starting out on his. Riding the pine for 3 years, I believe, helped Romo grow into a better QB. Romo will be playing when Favre has left the reins to the young gun in waiting. While GB is finding out whether their Favre replacement can play, Dallas can build around Romo and continue to improve.

Terrific twosome - Jones and the Barbarian. Sounds like a new tv series pilot. But, it is the two headed monster that is the Dallas running back tandem. One guy beats up the opposing defense, the other one jukes them out of their shoes.
One game wonder - the one headed attack of GB only showed a good game last weekend.

Edge - Dallas/Jones and the Barbarian

Receiving corps - I must be a horrible NFL fan, but I had to go and look up who the recievers are for GB.

Edge - Dallas/Owens, Crayton, Witten, Fasano, Hurd (and Glenn when he returns)

Offensive Line - Flozell the Hotel, Bigg Davis, Columbo, just to name the main three. Who plays for GB?

Edge - Dallas

Defense - GB has been playing lights out on D. But I just can't see their D comparing to Dallas. Tell me who on their D really "SCARES" you? If I were Favre, I would have eyes on the sides and back of my head so I could look out for Ellis, Ware, Spears, Canty, Tank, and LBers on the blitz.

Edge - Dallas.

Just my opinion, but I don't see GB on the same level as Dallas. Yeah, it's a Homeristic view, but one I believe to be true."

that sort of reminds me on how KC , Denver and San Diego fans viewed us ( of the forums I read )

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, we handled LT, and Westbrook, and Peterson (twice), and selvin young, and Larry Johnson... forgive me if i think we can handle Barber and Jones, too. Surprise; the Green Bay Packers are good.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im moving to dallas on december 1st :(........ im really sad about it since i currently live in green bay and love it!!!!! i got a new job and they are transferring me to of all places....dallas

i hope we beat the boys so i can go down there and be loud and prowd of the pack with my lisense plate and bumper sticker

go pack go

OP
OP
T

TexasPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im moving to dallas on december 1st :(........ im really sad about it since i currently live in green bay and love it!!!!! i got a new job and they are transferring me to of all places....dallas

i hope we beat the boys so i can go down there and be loud and prowd of the pack with my lisense plate and bumper sticker

go pack go

Be careful Texas is all about the Cowboys while the Texans are like their retarded brother. I'm sure I'll get beer, pop corn, food, ect.. all thrown at me when I go to the game at the end of the month sporting my Favre jersey. Hopefully I will make it out alive if we win.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ahh, I think you forgot one important thing here and that is Favre is still playing the last time I looked. You have HIM to worry about for now.

Let's make that THREE in a row and against a couple of teams that actually play run defense.

Well, I hope you remember what you found there PADNA because they gonna make you squirm for sixty minutes.

Ummm, your ranked TWENTY SECOND in scoring D and it looks like you leak a lot more oil than than this weak attempt to cover up reveals.

We'll find out who "scares" who budro. Try Kampy, KGB, Barnett, Hawk, and Bigby on for size.

Just my opinion, but I don't see GB on the same level as Dallas.

I think your finally right. The Pack is quite a few levels above you guys.

brnt247

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QB- Even
RB- Dallas
WR- Packers
TE- Dallas
OL- Even

DL- Packers
LB- Packers
CB- Packers
S- Dallas

Of course this doesn't mean the Packers or Dallas will win, but this is the more accurate version of what the member of the Cowboy's forum stated.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are a much better defensive team with better special teams. 2/3 isn't bad. This match will be even.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree - remember how much trouble Gonzalez gave us.

brnt247

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cooley also gave us problems. Shouldn't Collins be back that week?

Hopefully we prepare well enough to be able to figure ways to slow him down. This will be the first offense we face that is this good in every aspect. Harris needs to slow down TO off the line. If he can do that it will really hinder their offense because Woodson will be shutting Crayton down all day. Hawk and Barnett need to tackle Barber on the first try and Kampan and Jenkins need to keep Jones from bouncing outside. Bigby has shown to be very good in stopping the run, which will really help against this dynamic offense.

I know we shouldn't look past the Panthers... but It isn't as if I am practicing and playing against them, so why not look past to the most intruiging matchup in the NFC this year.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers haven't been getting any respect all season. So should it surprise us that the mighty Cowgirls don't give us respect? Nope.
The ONLY way we can shut them up is to beat them.......and even then, i bet they still would be flapping their jaws.....you know, like when a fish is out of water? It's mouth just keeps going..........

Members online

Latest posts