Talent on the roster

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6794

No matter who you wanna blame, after watching the first half of this game it has to be pretty obvious this team doesn't have enough talent to compete in the league without Rodgers.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No matter who you wanna blame, after watching the first half of this game it has to be pretty obvious this team doesn't have enough talent to compete in the league without Rodgers.

Can't judge the level of talent of the team based on one half.

By that logic today, the Saints don't have enough talent to compete even with their stud QB.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A solid safety, D tackle and we can be a very good defense. Add a healthy Hayward and health on offense and well be a championship caliber team.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While i think there is some talent on the team, Green Bay and Dallas are both in probably the most mediocre divisions in football. I am by no means taking anything away from this win, it was a good one, but it took them a full half to start putting up points on one of the worst defences in the league. And the packers had a tough time stopping the run.
I will take a win, but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves here, this team still has a lot of problems and if it wasn't for Dallas' refusal to run the ball when they had a lead with 5 minutes to go, I am not so sure the packers would have won. But they sure did take advantage of the dumb playcalling.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A solid safety, D tackle and we can be a very good defense. Add a healthy Hayward and health on offense and well be a championship caliber team.

I agree with you on both of these, I would also throw in ILB. Personally I'm tired of ILB that cannot make big tackles in any aspect whether it's making a tackle in the open field or rushing the passer. A play making ILB would really help take pressure off the D line and pass rush.

A lot still needs to happen in terms of who is coming back though (namely shields) so I'm not going to make any ultimatum for positions we need on D.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you on both of these, I would also throw in ILB. Personally I'm tired of ILB that cannot make big tackles in any aspect whether it's making a tackle in the open field or rushing the passer. A play making ILB would really help take pressure off the D line and pass rush.

A lot still needs to happen in terms of who is coming back though (namely shields) so I'm not going to make any ultimatum for positions we need on D.

I would like it too but I don't think we need it to turn this team into a top 5 defense. Id love a dynamic TE but I don't consider it a need.

H

HardRightEdge

It's the same old litany...too soft up the middle of the D, uncertain safety play, poor tackling.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I still say this team for what ever reason has not heart...

Rodgers goes down and the def ends up being horrible vs the run in the SAME game? Winds goes out of your sails sometimes and never gets back

I dont know what it is..But it is odd

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the second half today, particularly the last 5 minutes proves otherwise, no offense.

I agree...

But until 2nd half...I questioned their heart...Others point out how Lacy runs hard, and BJ doesnt want to play..

To me that is heart...So why is it a few play hard or seem to play hard..But others go thru the motions?

H

HardRightEdge

I think the second half today, particularly the last 5 minutes proves otherwise, no offense.
The defense did not show much heart in the second half; it merely took advantage of two poor Romo passes.

It was a 2011-style 4th. quarter.

H

HardRightEdge

I agree...

But until 2nd half...I questioned their heart...Others point out how Lacy runs hard, and BJ doesnt want to play..

To me that is heart...So why is it a few play hard or seem to play hard..But others go thru the motions?

Raji made a nice block on the goal line on Lacy's winning score. Best thing he's done in 6 weeks. Maybe he's our center of the future?

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree...

I don't know. I think something might have clicked in Flynn's head today. He was a completely different player in the second half.

I think Rodgers will be back next week. If he is, I hope he's not rusty. This team has clawed its way the past two weeks, to give Rodgers a chance to play meaningful games and a chance at some playoff success. I don't think he will let them down if he's back next week, but he might have a rough first couple drives.

H

HardRightEdge

I agree...

That's right...Flynn, Lacy...that's heart. Individually, our defenders look like guys "doing their job" while waiting for somebody else to make plays. Matthews, Shields, Jolly and bunch of guys I have a hard time caring much about.

H

HardRightEdge

I don't know. I think something might have clicked in Flynn's head today. He was a completely different player in the second half.

I think Rodgers will be back next week. If he is, I hope he's not rusty. This team has clawed its way the past two weeks, to give Rodgers a chance to play meaningful games and a chance at some playoff success. I don't think he will let them down if he's back next week, but he might have a rough first couple drives.

I doubt he'll be back next week. We might see him against Chicago if we're still in it then.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The defensive line is just bad right now. Even in the second half. Our safeties are terrible. They lack aggression and instincts. I think Raji and Pickett are the kind of guys you want to play 20 snaps a game. They just can't be regular players for a 16 game season.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know much about how well Richardson is playing, but not noticing him much at least means he's not doing something awful often.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to lie. I didn't think this team had a comeback in them down 26-3 at half on the road. Without Rodgers to boot. They deserve a ton of credit for that.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Ya gotta love the timing of the OP! :D

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No matter who you want to give credit to, after watching the 2nd half of this game, it has to be pretty obvious this team is one of the most talented teams in the NFL, even without Rodgers.

As far as team needs, I think they just need one player who is an in-your-face tough guy leader like a Ray Lewis .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts