Take Your Pick...

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's also not forget the genius BJ Sanders pick a few years back. Sherman spent a mid-third rounder on the punter from OSU AND HE FLOPPED. It is amazing that with 32 teams needing 32 punters that there aren't 32 quality punters in the world.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JenningsLongCatch said:
Let's also not forget the genius BJ Sanders pick a few years back. Sherman spent a mid-third rounder on the punter from OSU AND HE FLOPPED. It is amazing that with 32 teams needing 32 punters that there aren't 32 quality punters in the world.

I'm not saying to spend an early pick in a punter or a kicker. I'm just saying it isn't such a small part of the team that we don't have to get a good guy. Starting field position can win close games, and we surely lost a lot of close games this season.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackersRS said:
JenningsLongCatch said:

I'm not saying to spend an early pick in a punter or a kicker. I'm just saying it isn't such a small part of the team that we don't have to get a good guy. Starting field position can win close games, and we surely lost a lot of close games this season.

I agree, PackersRS.

After drafting a OLB, DE, OT, G, take a Punter in the 5th through 7th round.

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackersRS said:
JenningsLongCatch said:

I agree. Field position from punts is just as important as offense or defense. I like the idea of drafting a punter, but just not in the 3rd round. Derrick Frost is NO GOOD, and an upgrade is definately needed. Plus, with the new 3-4 defense it would be great to see a safety or two, but the only way that is possible is if the other team is pinned deep.

Members online

Latest posts