Take Your Pick...

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always been a fan of the NFL Draft and cannot wait to see who Green Bay picks. Let me know who you like out this list. All players listed appear in the top-15 on several draft boards and fill a need for the Packers.

1) Aaron Curry - OLB - Wake Forest
2) Taylor Mays - SS - USC
3) Aaron Maybin - DE - Penn State
4) Gerald McCoy - DT - Oklahoma
5) BJ Raji - DT Boston College
6) Brian Orakpo - DE - Texas
7) Rey Maluago - ILB - USC

--I did not include any offensive linemen because I cannot see TT spending such a high pick on the offensive line. Plus, there seems to be some depth in this draft, meaning GB can spend a 2nd round pick on a guard or tackle.

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My pick is OLB Aaron Curry... if he falls. He had a great season and seems to be a Patrick Willis-like linebacker who would excel in GB's scheme whether it be a 4-3 or 3-4.

Dulak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brian Orakpo - DE - Texas

Well IMO they need a DE the most. Someone that can go in there and get the job done

catchpatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first pick had better be a defensive lineman. A lot of people are high on Ray Malalugo, but I don't see anything seriously wrong with the Packers' linebacksers that a solid D-line won't fix.

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To all of the above, who is your second choice if Orakpo goes #3 to KC or #7 to Oakland. A lot of mock drafts have him off the board before GB picks at #9.

Reaction score
I d pick orkapo if even if we switch to a 3-4 or stay a 4-3 . IF we stay to a 4-3 id like to see him put some weight on and yes Ive seen the sports center video of him hes a beast at strength but id like to see 10 to 20 pounds put on him . Rember the game is win and lost at the line. If the O line does terrible that leads to sacks and tackles in backfield and turnovers. If the d line sucks that leads to ongoing drives and big plays which we saw happened to playoffs. But i Wouldn't be surprised if TT took a o line the 1st draft because this draft is supposed to be decked out with defense

Dulak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JenningsLongCatch said:
To all of the above, who is your second choice if Orakpo goes #3 to KC or #7 to Oakland. A lot of mock drafts have him off the board before GB picks at #9.

Ya I dont know then ... dont know much about the other D line options - Alls I know is we need someone that is strong and good with the blitz (IMO we also need a D coach that likes to blitz and does it well). Orakpo looks like a strong tough guy to fill the roll

if hes taken then ... not sure ... Well have bennet next year along with the so-so hawk
I like our secondary (assuming nonone leaves).

2 good D up front or 1 good D upfront with another good linebacker or heck 2 upfront D with a good linebacker

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dulak said:
JenningsLongCatch said:

Ya I dont know then ... dont know much about the other D line options - Alls I know is we need someone that is strong and good with the blitz (IMO we also need a D coach that likes to blitz and does it well). Orakpo looks like a strong tough guy to fill the roll

if hes taken then ... not sure ... Well have bennet next year along with the so-so hawk
I like our secondary (assuming nonone leaves).

2 good D up front or 1 good D upfront with another good linebacker or heck 2 upfront D with a good linebacker

Maybin from Penn State and Brown from Florida State are the next two defensive ends in line. Orakpo is a solid prospect and the best option for Green Bay, but he may be gone depending on KC and Oakland. Only the combine will tell...

Aa-rodg_is_cool

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna want Gerald McCoy.. TT could trade back a couple spots and still get mccoy.. plus we already got jenkins and kampman at DE.. why is everyone pressin for a DE? has everyone forgot about jenkins or somethin? a front with McCoy, Pickett, Kampman and Jenkins would be legit.

Aa-rodg_is_cool

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron rodgers is god said:
Jenkins is a DE/ Dt This year before he got hurt he was playing Dt

"Began to come into his own in 2005 as a starting defensive tackle, blocking a league-best three kicks and piling up seven passes defensed" http://www.packers.com/team/players/jenkins_cullen/

Thats back in 05 dude.. haha even on packers.com they have him as a DE.. even when he got hurt he was playin at DE. I know every once in a while he switched over to DT on Passing downs but..

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron rodgers is god said:
Well either way if we get orkapo Kullen will probably move into Dt if they need him there or if we switch to a 3-4 orkapo will become a linebacker

You got to be careful with first-year defensive ends. Outside of Jevon Kearse and Julius Peppers, a lot of first round defensive ends have had horrendous first years. Look at Mario Williams. He was brutal his rookie year, but has recently come on as beast.

I could see Jenkins starting at DE on first and second down at the beginning of the year and moving inside so that Orakpo can rush the passer on third down. There is no saying that he would immediately come in and start at RDE from Day 1.

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seen 2 mock drafts today and nobody projected Orakpo going to Green Bay...

Mock 1 - #9 - Green Bay Packers choose DE Aaron Maybin from Penn State

Mock 2 - #9 - Green Bay Packers select DT BJ Raji from Boston College

**At least GB is staying defensive.

mathew

Cheesehead
Reaction score
anyone who refers to themselves as a monster, a freak, and a beast in the same sentence has my pick. this rampage jackson looking kid (with the chain around his neck) would eat the sub-par, or even worse, quarterbacks in the NFC North alive. If the pack gets him as a pick Orlovsky,Culpepper,Orton,Grossman,Ferrote,Jackson will all be shakin and ****** in their athletic shorts. i list 6 quarterbacks because each team can't seem to play one of them consistantly and orakpo may simply anilate all of them.

Members online

Latest posts