Take another OLB?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should the Packers consider taking an OLB in the 1st if he is the best player on their draft board?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think so. Im not writing off any players, I just think if you could get a game changer, a perennial pro bowler at a position on defense, you do.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think having a dynamic ILB is far more critical. Too bad TT paid Jones......who is terrible as a starter.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Certainly. Perry hasn't been on the field consistently enough to know if he's the long term answer. He's also big enough to convert to pass rusher on the dline if we get a different guy at OLB. And there's also the annual CM3 missed game or three that we'll need the depth for.

TCHickman24

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully we are lucky enough to land CJ Mosley from Alabama. If not him, I'd say the second choice should be Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I'd like to see us get a safety that can actually play in the NFL, but I'd be fine with taking anyone who can help out that defense.

The offensive line needs more depth, though. Bakh has been a great find and earlier in the year the line as a whole was playing well, but Marshall Newhouse is god-awful, Barclay is an enigma, Sherrod is an unknown and Bulaga is always hurt.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the first round, I think not.

If we can snag Mosley at ILB, I'm good with that. Maybe a guy like Shazier in the 2nd round, but still probably not.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd go safety for sure. Safety is the weakest spot depth wise and big play wise.

Though I agree, HaHa is really the only safety worth a first or second round pick for us this year. If he's taken ahead of us, we're going to have to shelf the idea of picking a safety for a few rounds. There are a pile of good safety prospects that will be available in the 3rd. Dion Bailey, Tre Boston, etc.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Actually expecting a CB in the first. Tray makes too much, Sam will be paid, House is inconsistent, Hyde possibly moves to S, and Hayward (and Hyde) can't play outside.

Members online

Latest posts