Tailgating for the Packers Pre-Season Opener in San Diego 8/9

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This post will contain a lot of the same information as the last tailgating thread. We are a little late on getting this thread going, but spread the word that a number of PackerForum.com members will be down at Qualcomm Stadium having a good time.

Post a reply to this thread if you have any questions and/or comments.

Map 1: Meetup Point to Caravan into Stadium:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You will notice a red marker on the map. Here are the directions that I take from Orange County. You can jump in where you recognize the direction:
  • 5 - South
  • 805 - South
  • 8 - East (stay to the right! 15 North comes up quick)
  • 15 - North
  • Exit Friars Road EAST
  • Left on Santo Rd.
  • Find us on the HILL
We are meeting on the hill at 12:30pm. We will not be leaving the hill until 12:55pm but it would be nice to get there a bit sooner so we can hang out and discuss the entry game plan. (which is posted below) The hill is plenty big for a number of cars and we can park on the side of the road till it is go time.

The entry plan is simple. At 12:55pm, I will start the charge to the parking lot in the slow lane. (There are 3 lanes going down Friars Road.) For some reason EVERYONE piles up into the fast lane and the middle lane, but that is not necessary. We will be driving in the slow UNTIL we pass under a bridge. After passing under the bridge, our caravan will merge one lane over to the left. NOTE: this is not a OMG I HAVE TO CUT SOMEONE off type thing. There is another lane coming down from the bridge that merges in as well, so it is no big deal.

At that point we will be in the proper lane to make the left hand turn into the stadium to pay for parking. ($25 for parking in the stadium per car)

Map 2: Meetup Point Once Inside the Stadium:

This is pretty simple, once we pay we will loop around inside the parking lot to F4. I might have a little surprise to mark our territory, but one way or another, you will be able to find us right around F4.

I will have a Chevy Silverado with a PackerForum.com Flag at the END of F4. We basically park here because it is right next to the exit for an easy out after the game is over.

If you are coming from the air port, just tell taxi or whatever your transportation is to take you right to the stadium! Do not tell them to take you to the hill! Meet us at F4, we will be there by 1:05pm at the latest.

Food/Drink Information:

I will have a bunch of drinks and food that I will be passing out as the day goes on till it runs out. I will also have my portable BBQ that anyone is more the welcome to use and get after. (it might be a little used and abused, but it works great!) I know lots of people will be bringing a number of different items that I am sure will be passed around.

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT DRINKS!

You are not allowed to have glass in the parking lot! You can bring glass bottled drinks, but you will have to pour them into a plastic cup. So if your beverage of choice ONLY comes in a bottle MAKE SURE to bring plastic cups. I would hate for someone to get a ticket. (And yes, I have seen it done before.)

Fan Information:

There will be a number Charger fans running in and out of the tailgate. (some of which I am bringing) They are good peoples. So lets be nice to everyone. ;)

Surprise Information:

I MAY or MAY NOT have something to pass out to people in the parking lot that mention they are from PackerForum.com! :cool: I will confirm in this thread if it comes through, but for now, it is a GO!

If you have another questions, post them here and I hope to meet a number of you guys at the game!

Trolly Information:

Updated Answers to Questions:

Q: If I take the train in, can I meet up with you at the tail gate?
A: Yes, the map above shows where the train comes in, simple walk over to F4.

Q: If I take the train in, can I bring some alcohol?
A: Yes, you are allowed to bring alcohol on the train. I would suggest NOT drinking it on the train. :) (AND NO ONE UNDER 21 DRINKING PLEASE! Sorry have to say it.)

More Updates to Questions as I get them.

NACHOMAN

Sailing the seas of cheese
Reaction score
Nice! We will see you on the hill. I'll be bringing a coleman stove to heat up some beer brats, onions and beans. Man if there is only a few of us its still gonna kick butt.

SoCalPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quick question. How bad is the traffic near the stadium/when parking there? This is the first time I've been there in a long time so I want to know about how bad it might be on game day

packnutt

'97 Shareholder
Reaction score
Hoping to get there on time as we're coming from N. LA county (weekday traffic). Will bring jello shooters in RCC's honor!

GO PACK!!

michael

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am coming down for the pre game but staying at the hotel so not bringing car in. Can I pay someone for some food???

packnutt

'97 Shareholder
Reaction score
I am coming down for the pre game but staying at the hotel so not bringing car in. Can I pay someone for some food???

We're BBQ'in brats and dogs and have plenty of drinking material. You're more than welcome to join us. Look for a black F-150 with window flags.

TallPackersFan96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I plan on meeting up at the Hill, bringing a canopy, some Brauts and drinks. Looking forward to seeing our new defense at work. Go Pack GO!

NACHOMAN

Reaction score
Packed and ready. Wake up- gas and ice, early check in at the Old town Inn. See ya on the hill...Keep it classy San Diego.

NACHOMAN

Reaction score
Didn't really happen. I was late to the hill because traffic was terrible. I went inside and no one was at F4. How well, next time. Thursday night preseason games are not really good turn outs. :(
Actually about ten of us met on the hill and we left the hill at 1:00 to go into the parking lot. Yes we were about 20 yards from the F4 sign. Packer banners flying that said Lambeau West and a Packer village of about ten cars and trucks with jello shots and brats for everyone. not to mention a Packer helmet flag that flew 20 feet over head of my famous Tundra. Rob i looked for a referee jersey all day . What the hell stadium did you go to. Ill post picks.. cheers

packnutt

'97 Shareholder
Reaction score
Actually about ten of us met on the hill and we left the hill at 1:00 to go into the parking lot. Yes we were about 20 yards from the F4 sign. Packer banners flying that said Lambeau West and a Packer village of about ten cars and trucks with jello shots and brats for everyone. not to mention a Packer helmet flag that flew 20 feet over head of my famous Tundra. Rob i looked for a referee jersey all day . What the hell stadium did you go to. Ill post picks.. cheers

Matt my brutha... great hangin' out with you and the wife. It was a great time! We WILL do this again.
The flag flew high and proud...Maybe robdog was assisting the replacement refs. Ha!

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was in the same spot as last season's tailgate. I think I saw your group, but I was looking for your car with the 52 on its side. Will have it figured out better next time that is for sure...

Staff online

Members online