Tailgaters Fantasy Football

• Thread starter I_am_smoked_cheddar
  • Start date
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

The Tailgaters Fantasy Football league has been formed and ALL of the teams are set. Welcome team owners to our first season.
Please let me know when we should hold our draft. With owners from coast to coast and personal conflicts, we will need to decide together on a day and a time. Please post your recommendations and/or issues and they will be addressed.
Team names and avatars/logos are up to you to choose. The schedule has already been set for the league by ESPN.
Thank you team owners for responding to your invitations in such a pleasant manner. I look forward to a fun and competitive season.

Smokeychedder
League Manager

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Ok, so 8pm EST on a weekend after the third preseason weekend. Saturday or Sunday ?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
10 teams 16 rounds at 1-1 1/2 min per pick is 2 1/2 -4 hours. Gotta be Sat since my alarm on Mon morn is 5:15 am EDT unless we go early enough like 7 eastern

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Saturday sounds good. I will want to hear from our west coast members about the time as well as the day. Should I shorten the draft from 90sec. per pick to 60sec. per pick. , could be done.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Can't be the Saturday of the 3rd preseason game for me as I'm going to be at the game that Friday and driving back to Chicago area Saturday night.

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

How does Saturday, August 31 at 8pm EST sound ? I'll have to look into the time per pick issue. This is not a firm date yet, we need to hear from the other team owners, particularly the west coast owners. I will announce the day, date, and time as soon as I can.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See this is the big problem, always, difficult.

I fly to Arizona in 2 weeks, Aug 29, for the long weekend. It's for my longtime keeper league draft, already on that Friday or Saturday. The rest of the time we play golf or are at the pool.

I also have a work fantasy draft some time, yet to be determined.

I don't mind the ESPN think auto-drafting for me though, based on my own rankings I will set.

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

See this is the big problem, always, difficult.

I fly to Arizona in 2 weeks, Aug 29, for the long weekend. It's for my longtime keeper league draft, already on that Friday or Saturday. The rest of the time we play golf or are at the pool.

I also have a work fantasy draft some time, yet to be determined.

I don't mind the ESPN think auto-drafting for me though, based on my own rankings I will set.

How can the league adjust to include you Frank ? You are just as important as every other owner, please help with any suggestions that you may have . This league is listening to all of it's owners.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm good with the 31st, basically any weekday after 6pm eastern or any time really on the weekend (though the later the better since the kids will be asleep).

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Well if it isn't a Sat, for me I will finish on AUTODRAFT. I've done well that way. My son took his NFL league that way. That and picking up Vick two days after CM3 took out Kolb in game one.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could do the draft the same way we did that keeper league draft on here earlier this year.......the slow draft on here and then transfer all the picks at the end to the league.

Members online

Latest posts