T.O Trade?

MSMOLLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although the odds of a deal are slim given the circumstances, the Philadelphia Eagles have granted agent Drew Rosenhaus verbal permission to speak to other franchises about the possibility of acquiring estranged wide receiver Terrell Owens in a trade.

Rosenhaus has been able to orchestrate trades under difficult circumstances in the past, but finding a franchise that is inclined to surrender even a low-round draft choice for Owens might be expecting too much.

But even the teams seriously interested in taking on the controversial Owens for next season aren't likely to be very interested in a trade, since they know the Eagles will release him in the spring. Rosenhaus did not immediately return messages Monday evening.

One league source, acknowledging that there is virtually no chance for a trade, called the move "a formality," and agreed Owens eventually will be cut and then sign elsewhere as a free agent. Granting permission for a trade might be a last-gasp effort by the Eagles to try to elicit something in return for Owens before being forced to release him in less than two months.

His off-field actions aside, it is believed that Owens, still a premier playmaker, will draw interest from several teams once he is released. Rosenhaus has been able to orchestrate trades under difficult circumstances in the past, but finding a franchise that is inclined to surrender even a low-round draft choice for Owens might be expecting too much.
I heard that the Jets or the Bucs may want him.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think T.O. would be good for about half a season........then, he's be up to his old tricks again, destroying team chemistry, and so on. I hope his next job involves........."Would you like fries with that order???"

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Owens has an incredible amount of talent. Some team that is desparate for a playmaking receiver will gamble on him. As long as the team can put up Owens being a nutjob (obviously easier said than done), he'll make the team he goes to better. For all the contraversy Owens gets caught up with off the field, this guy goes out every week and produces. He'll probably behave himself next year too, just to show he can be a good guy (kinda like in his first year in Philly).

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
roflmao Cheesey, question is , would you tip him ?

He would probably drop the fries and then announce that if they had the Burger King fryer instead of the Macdonald's fryer, they would never drop a fry!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre came back, I would sign TO to a one year incentive-laden contract. Someone like Favre could keep his *** in line. Can you imagine Favre throwing to TO, JavonWalker and Donald Driver along with our TE's? Last to first in one year.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
If Favre came back, I would sign TO to a one year incentive-laden contract. Someone like Favre could keep his *** in line. Can you imagine Favre throwing to TO, JavonWalker and Donald Driver along with our TE's? Last to first in one year.

it ease us on the defense too... the defense wouild know the other team has to pass to catch up

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Man...

Favre to TO...TD baby...!!

(That would be sweet..finally the caliber receiver Favre needed all along!)

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all of this "Packer type of player" crap that I see here, I can't believe that you would actually want Owens in town. He had a ******* for McNabb and the Eagles so bad that he could hardly walk and looked what happened there.
He has absolutely nothing in common with Favre or the town of Green Bay. If he can't handle being on a playoff team while being the main attraction in a big city with lots of media people kissing his *** every day then what do you think will happen with him playing for the Packers?
:roll:

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be a sad day in Green Bay if they get TO. He is no good trouble maker.We have some good recievers if they can get healthy. TO has been a pain on every team he has been on,do you REALLY want him? :rubeyes: :kickcan:

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no way any team, much less GB is going to trade for a guy (and his huge contract) that is more than likely going to be a FA in a couple months when Philly releases him.

Whoever picks him up, and someone will, better make sure the SECOND year of the deal is the one TO really wants to play for. Otherwise he's nicey nice year one and jerk the next...

Members online

Latest posts