T.O rushed to hospital - Attempted Suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh......i thought maybe he was trying to beat his teammates to it.

I think the guy is really unstable, and needs alot of help. Maybe he will get it and get his act together. Hopefully.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
This is a weird situation here. I just watched his PR chick talk, him talk and coach talk. Seems way too fishy on this.

My thought, he did, he regrets it and most likely the pain pills were the cause of him attempting suicide as well as the method.

His PR chick was wayyy to vague and refused to adamantly deny it being false. When asked specific questions she hestiated an stumbled on her words and side stepped the question.

I kind of feel bad for Owens having this drawn out in front of the media like it is. I think he did attempt, but it wasn't out of depression it was out of not thinking properly from the painkillers.

Owens wouldn't admit attempting suicide because he has way too much pride. That's being overlooked big time.

Hope he is doing better.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, I'm not sure about Texas but if a doctor believes a person tried to commit suicide it is mandatory that they be institutionalized for a time. 48....72 hours. They would not let him walk out of a hospital if he truly tried to commit suicide. The hospital can't comment because of HIPA rules but they did NOT pump his stomach. If he swallowed 35 vicodin he would have had to have his stomach pumped.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
First of all, I'm not sure about Texas but if a doctor believes a person tried to commit suicide it is mandatory that they be institutionalized for a time. 48....72 hours. They would not let him walk out of a hospital if he truly tried to commit suicide. The hospital can't comment because of HIPA rules but they did NOT pump his stomach. If he swallowed 35 vicodin he would have had to have his stomach pumped.

Extremely good points. I heard this on ESPN an hour or so ago as well.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
This is a weird situation here. I just watched his PR chick talk, him talk and coach talk. Seems way too fishy on this.

My thought, he did, he regrets it and most likely the pain pills were the cause of him attempting suicide as well as the method.

His PR chick was wayyy to vague and refused to adamantly deny it being false. When asked specific questions she hestiated an stumbled on her words and side stepped the question.

I kind of feel bad for Owens having this drawn out in front of the media like it is. I think he did attempt, but it wasn't out of depression it was out of not thinking properly from the painkillers.

Owens wouldn't admit attempting suicide because he has way too much pride. That's being overlooked big time.

Hope he is doing better.

What are you..a psychiatrist or something?

That's an awful lot of theories you got going there.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
This is from PFT.com
TIME FOR THE T.O. FREAK SHOW TO END

We gave Terrell Owens a clean slate earlier on Wednesday. We're now breaking the thing over our knee.

The guy either has no mental or emotional disorders and is thus simply a congenital *******, or he is so deep in denial and so insulated by apologists and enablers that he'll never try to get help.

Then there's the third option -- that the suggestion of a suicide attempt was a ruse aimed at generating attention for a guy who has taken a back seat so far this season.

Regardless of how this all happened, we cannot wait until the day that we no longer have to type his name.

And who in the hell is this Kim Etheredge person? "Must be nice to have a 'live-in' publicist," remarked one league insider. "I hope she cooks and cleans for him too."

The source also noted: "Does Kim know his 25 million reasons only exist if he plays and earns every dollar on his 'day-to-day' contract?"

Speaking of his "25 million reasons" to live, another league insider thinks that maybe -- just maybe -- Owens is denying the suicide attempt in order to avoid ultimate placement on the non-football injury list, which would permit the team to not pay him the balance of his $5 million salary. But our calculations, the amount in the balance would be $4.18 million. And then there's his signing bonus, part of which would be vulnerable to forfeiture if it were determined that Owens was unable to practice or play due to intentional conduct.

We also wonder how long coach Bill Parcells will tolerate this stuff. A league insider who heard Parcells' press conference from earlier in the afternoon is convinced that Parcells is fed up with having to deal with the extra crap that having Owens on the team entails. Even if there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for everything that has transpired, the fact is that, once again, Owens is at the center of a surreal series of events. It's the last thing that any NFL team needs only three weeks into a season, and it very well could literally be the last thing Parcells will put up with from Owens.

And how does the Tuna feel about Owens' "publicist" getting a spot on the podium in front of the backdrop with the Cowboys' star and the Dr. Pepper logos. "It looks to me as though [she] took the opportunity to get some publicity for herself out into the sports community," said the league insider who wondered whether she also cooks and cleans. "There is no other reason for her to be given access to a press conference held at a team facility. . . . I understand she was an eyewitness to the events that transpired, but that is what the media locations outside the facility are for, not the actual team facilities. Those are almost exclusively limited to team personnel, players, in some unique situations their agents, and the media covering events."

Bottom line -- we're done with the guy. It remains to be seen whether the Cowboys have gotten to that point as well.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:

I didn't hear this on ESPN and you probably didn't either. Keep trying to discredit me, but I know this from experience. Not mine but others close to me.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PFT.com always has an attitude because they are usually wrong. Just like the "Lord Favre is retiring" fiasco. Please post articles from real journalists....not National Enquirer types.

Reaction score
I heard this on the way to school, and there is some serious issue going on here.

Oddly enough, this EXACT subject of depression/disorders was what we covered in lectures today.

I don't think TO admits to attempting suicide under any circumstances, if he did then he will be instatutionalized and rightfully so thus stopping his palying career for the time being (perhaps permanently, he isn't getting younger).

I would want to see if the hospital staff injected/gave or at any point recently TO got a prescription for SSRI drugs (Prozac maybe). If so, that would indicate something bad is brewing underneath all this...

And I agree that this isn't a laughing matter, this is potentially something serious that may lead to this guy becoming a nut case and having some SERIOUS mental/physical problems later on if the right precautions aren't taken...

PS - I do think the part about his PR rep being allowed to interview was fishy, that just doesn't seem odd...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
go figure, the P.R. broad denies everything and says "everythings peachy!"

go figure.

I still think i believe the painkillers+supplements = sicky

but i wont be believeing a P.R. broad, thats for damn sure, not in a situation like this, where she was somewhat INVOLVED. lol.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:

I didn't hear this on ESPN and you probably didn't either. Keep trying to discredit me, but I know this from experience. Not mine but others close to me.

I wasn't trying to discredit you, jerkface! It was said on ESPN specifically by Sean Salisbury and Mark Schereth or however they're names are spelled. If anything it was confirming what you were saying. Stop being suck a phucktard tight ***.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: T.O rushed to hospital

DePack said:
It was a suicide attempt.......not sure why that is funny to some of you.

First of all, you do not know that it was a suicide attempt and you are the guy who wished for a lot of injuries during the Bears-Vikings game so........

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Philtration said:
DePack said:

First of all, you do not know that it was a suicide attempt and you are the guy who wished for a lot of injuries during the Bears-Vikings game so........

Injuries from a football game and attempting to kill ones self are completely different.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Philtration said:
DePack said:

Way to get the point! :roll:

Signed
Phucktard

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why are we, as Packer fans, beating each up over what Terrel Owens did/did not do??? I think thats the dumbest part of this thread.
I mean, it's ok for us to have our opinions of whether he did/did not mean harm to himself, but attacking each other over it? Thats just not right.
If were going to hate on each other, at LEAST make it PACKER related! You know.........TT.......MM........Sherman........Rossley........you guys remember!!! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts