T.O rushed to hospital - Attempted Suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
T.O in er

Terrell Owens was taken to the emergency room for an undisclosed reason Tuesday night, and doctors treating the Dallas Cowboys receiver were trying to induce vomiting, according to a television report.

Owens was brought by a fire rescue crew to Baylor Medical Center, Dallas-Fort Worth television station KTVT reported, citing sources the television station did not identify. A reporter for the station later said she saw Owens being wheeled down the hall.

Calls from The Associated Press to Owens' agent, his publicist and the Cowboys were not immediately returned Tuesday night. The hospital told the AP that they do not have a patient registered by Owens' name.

KTVT said a Dallas police spokesperson was en route to the hospital to talk about a "high profile case."

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: T.O rushed to hospital

From KFFL...

Cowboys | Owens reportedly suffers adverse reaction to painkillers
Tue, 26 Sep 2006 22:39:02 -0700

ESPN.com reports Dallas Cowboys WR Terrell Owens (illness) has suffered an adverse reaction to painkillers taken for treatment on his fracture hand, according to a source close to Owens that told ESPN's Ed Werder. Dallas-Fort Worth television station KTVT said Owens was taken to Baylor Medical Center by a fire rescue crew. The receiver was taken to the emergency room and doctors were trying to induce vomiting.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I thought that he was just gaging on his big talk during the off season.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Maybe it was from "swallowing his pride." :wink:
Seriously though, i hope he's ok.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score

cheesey said:
Maybe it was from "swallowing his pride." :wink:
Seriously though, i hope he's ok.

can he reach it? that's disgusting to even think about :wink: (i know...really really bad...)

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

As much as he can be a pain, I never ever want anyone to be sick or really really be hurt in a game...

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It was not initially listed as a suicide attempt, De. Perhaps some are behind on this breaking news.

Personally, I have wished a "Theisman Moment" for T.O. for years, but this is not funny. You always knew the guy was touched in the noggin, and this certainly lends to that assessment. Hate to imagine what his life will be like when all the adulation, which he lives for, is gone when his NFL days are over.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

digsthepack said:
It was not initially listed as a suicide attempt, De. Perhaps some are behind on this breaking news.

Personally, I have wished a "Theisman Moment" for T.O. for years, but this is not funny. You always knew the guy was touched in the noggin, and this certainly lends to that assessment. Hate to imagine what his life will be like when all the adulation, which he lives for, is gone when his NFL days are over.

My bad.....here in the Philly area people are all over it and are ecstatic over the news. I even heard one pig on sports radio comment on the fact that it was a shame that he wasn't successful. Another guy was wondering if he will be available against the eagles on Oct 8th.

Sorry if I jumped the gun on you guys but I've seen what mental illness can do to people no matter how minor it is (and no I am not talking about anybody on this board).

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

K, now there are conflicting reports

-TOs camp says 'not suicide attempt'

-police report\polce say 'suicide attempt'

and it WAS TREATED as a suicide attempt by police and hospital staffs.

so we'll find out more. 35 painkillers. i doubt it was an 'accident'

Also, the woman he was with (i think it was his PR rep) attempted to take pills OUT of his mouth. so....yeah, hes messed up in the head(like thats news). Hope it works out.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I heard it was a suicide attempt to,,,and no its not funny, I have known a few people over the years that have tried to commit suicide thank god they are still alive today, but some people just have an illness (depression). I can't explain what something like that feels like being is I have never been depressed or should say depressed enough to kill myself. My heart goes out to those people with this desease, it dont seem to be much fun...lets keep him in our prayers..

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DePack said:
digsthepack said:

My bad.....here in the Philly area people are all over it and are ecstatic over the news. I even heard one pig on sports radio comment on the fact that it was a shame that he wasn't successful.

damn thats cold blooded!

I really dont like TO the person, but i dont want him to die. I dont want ahmad carroll to die,etc. Philly radio is crazy!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

yeah philly truly blows as a city i pretty much hate that place.

it is americas *** crack. and their fans are *************.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

*************...the small, spherical co-mingling of lint, **** and toilet paper that resides in the greasy center of the ***. Yep, that's Philly!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packnic said:
Greg Jennings could eat twice the amount of pain killers and practice the same day.

Greg Jennings once ate an entire bottle of sleeping pills. They made him blink.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TO is already out of the hospital. He will be fine.

Still dont know what happend. Now its being said he took pain killers with supplements and it messed him up.

I dunno...wait and see!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DePack said:
digsthepack said:

My bad.....here in the Philly area people are all over it and are ecstatic over the news. I even heard one pig on sports radio comment on the fact that it was a shame that he wasn't successful. Another guy was wondering if he will be available against the eagles on Oct 8th.

Sorry if I jumped the gun on you guys but I've seen what mental illness can do to people no matter how minor it is (and no I am not talking about anybody on this board).

hmm De Pack I agree. Some Philly fans are ridiculous. They boo Michael Irvin when he was leaving in a stretcher. Anyone who laughs at this just because you don't like the guy should be labled "unstabled" themselves

Even if this was the most hated player in the NFL it's a matter of life and death. This is about Terrell Owens the person and not TO the football player.

Things don't connect either. There are a lot of missing pieces and once the 911 tape is revealed you'll get a better idea of what really happen. Until then it's a bunch of speculation.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
t.o. says NO SUICIDE attempt! media hype or is he lying?? no idea. just thankful he's not in GB now AND that if he did truly attempt suicide, i'm happy he didn't succeed.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
humor is to be found in any subject. If you don't believe me, just watch The tonight show and the Letterman. I guarantee if either of them are taped today, there will be a joke of some sort.

Humor is a way for some to deal with reality.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:
humor is to be found in any subject. If you don't believe me, just watch The tonight show and the Letterman. I guarantee if either of them are taped today, there will be a joke of some sort.

Humor is a way for some to deal with reality.

Not saying it's right or wrong, but George Carlin has a few different things on how "Anything can be funny", it's all in the presentation... :) His is pretty darn funny.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TO didnt O.D. or attempt suicide.

He mixed painkillers with supplements(too many painkillers he said) and was out of it. His PR Rep was there, and when she checked the bottle, it WAS empty, but he had the rest in a drawer, NOT in the bottle. She didnt know this, so she (rightfully) called 911 and said what she said.

TO just held a press conference. This story is like the white sox playoff shots. OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts