T.O. FINED FOR MISSING MEETINGS

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
So after seeing his career end up in shambles a season ago in Philly and with no one but the Cowboys seriously interested in signing him, Terrell Owens will be on his best behavior in 2006, right?

Wrong.

The Dallas Morning News reports that Owens has been fined $9,500 by his new team for missing a team meeting, missing a rehab session, and arriving late to an offensive meeting.

"That's our club business," Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said. "That's going to be accounted for."

With Owens, there are no accidents, in our view. Everything he says and does is part of a broader plan, misguided as it may be. As we explained a week ago, he's upset that he was pressured to return to practice before he was ready, and that his premature return resulted in an aggravation of his bruised va. . . hamstring injury.

He's now committed to sitting out until he's at 100 percent, and he has been reminding the media that, in the past, he has played without practicing. The only problem is that coach Bill Parcells has a far different attitude regarding practice, and he wants his guys on the field.

The fact that Owens also missed a rehab session is the most telling infraction, in our view. If he won't practice or play until he's 100 percent, then he should be doing everything in his power to get to 100 percent. Though we're not doctors nor physical therapists, missing a pre-planned rehab session probably isn't the best way to get back on the field.

So we still see this thing ending badly. And if Owens is going to be missing meetings and otherwise doing stuff that he shouldn't be doing, it'll make it even easier for Parcells to persuade Jones that Owens' name should be added to the list of final cuts.

Remember this -- if Owens is on the roster once the regular season starts, his $5 million salary becomes fully guaranteed. By dumping Owens, they would free up the $5 million in cap room for 2006.

And with Deion Branch suddenly on the market, wouldn't it be hilarious if the Tuna gets on the horn with son-in-law Scott Pioli and tries to work out a deal that would allow the 'Boys to acquire Owens' replacement a minute before cutting him loose? The chances of that happening are pretty slim. But as we've seen in the past with Owens, anything is possible.

I know its just Pre Season and training camps and practices. But, I'm kind of glad we didn't go after him. Him being Terrell Owens. I thought we should make a play for him using a creative contract as leverage. But yea seems like he's being more of a turd than anything positive.

Owens told reporters if the coaches want to see what he can do to watch his previous seasons tape.

Think about that.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
who wrote that article?

the "bruised va. . . hamstring injury." comment caught me way off guard. i wanna buy that guy a beer.

It was quoted from profootballtalk.com.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
arrowgargantuan said:
who wrote that article?

the "bruised va. . . hamstring injury." comment caught me way off guard. i wanna buy that guy a beer.

profootballtalk.com

The same guys that reported Favre's retirement press conference a couple weeks ago?

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Zero2Cool said:
arrowgargantuan said:
who wrote that article?

profootballtalk.com

The same guys that reported Favre's retirement press conference a couple weeks ago?

they reported someone is claiming he was retiring and said it seemed odd then reported it was false rumor started by vikings radio station.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Yet every legitimate media outlet knew it was only a rumor and didn't print it.

Every legitimate media outlet knew? Which ones and where is your proof?

I'm by no means saying PFT.com is a good outlet. But on the Brett retirement crap. That was started by a MN radio station.

Those 'outlets' you speak of are not rumor based, PFT.com is rumor based. They posted a rumor. Here it is.

FAVRE RETIRING TODAY?

The early indications based on our discussions with league sources are that Favre will announce his retirement from the NFL at a Wednesday press conference.

As we write this one, we're trying hard not to pull one of those "Favre will retire, unless he doesn't" routines. Instead, our goal is merely to share the information that we currently have. This isn't a report that he will retire, and if he does retire we won't claim "as first reported on PFT". Our goal at this point is only to inform.

So here's what we know -- a response from one member of the organization to a direct question regarding whether Favre is calling it quits today did not have the "No way in hell!" or "I'm looking into this right now!" quality that would be expected upon hearing that The Franchise is walking away in the middle of training camp.

Favre went back and forth in the offseason regarding whether to return for another year of football. Though the team was under the impression for most of the offseason that Favre was indeed coming back, Peter King of Sports Illustrated reported earlier this week that Favre did not make a final decision until he heard former NFL quarterback Phil Simms explain on Sirius NFL Radio that Favre should play as long as he is able to play.

The abrupt decision, if he does indeed retire, would come after a preseason game in which Favre got the potato sack treatment from the Chargers' front seven, due in large part to a young, inexperienced offensive line that is learning a new blocking scheme.

Taking over for Favre would be 2005 first-rounder Aaron Rodgers. The move also likely would put the Packers in the market for a veteran quarterback. Kerry Collins is the most recognizable name

Try not getting caught up in their articles. They're just what they claim to 'hear'.

For all I know. It's probably just bullshot they conjure up from reading ESPN.com CNNSI.com etc and throw it up on their site as a rumor.

Within an hour they posted this debunking their rumor. How many times do you see the 'legitimate outlets' debunking an article? They don't because they don't stick their head out. They take the safe route.
FALSE ALARM ON FAVRE

After further review, it now appears that Brett Favre's Wednesday press conference is simply a standard, weekly media get-together.

The root of the problem was that KSTP-TV in Minneapolis sold the thing as an unusual, out-of-the-norm event with this post from a couple of hours ago:

"Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre will hold a news conference at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.

"There's no indication at this point what the legendary Packer quarterback is going to announce. The Packers lost their first preseason game of the year by two touchdowns to the San Diego Chargers."

As it turns out, he's not expected to "announce" anything.

Sheesh. You'd think that a TV station in a rival's market not far from Wisconsin would know this.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
T. Owens.......once a turd, always a turd.
This guy needs to be cut and NOT signed by any team. Then, he will be seen standing out on a street corner shouting "Don't you know who i am?? I'm T.O!" as people walk by and drop small change in his upside down football helmet.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:
Hard to prove that the other media ignored it. It wasn't written anywhere but PFT.

Then its hard to say they knew about it then. Which is what my point was.

Knew about what? There was no story. How do you know about something that isn't there?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry you don't understand my reasoning but watching these stiffs get embarassed on National TV has taken all the fight outta me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts