Sutton Getting His Start In Green Bay

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
As a youngster growing up in Akron, Ohio, Tyrell Sutton dared to be different.

Back when the NFL's Starter jackets were the big new apparel item, Sutton saw all kinds of friends sporting jackets of the Dallas Cowboys, San Francisco 49ers, and home-state Cleveland Browns.

So for Christmas one year, Sutton asked for a Starter jacket - of the Green Bay Packers.

"It's kind of ironic, but the first pro coat I ever had was the Green Bay jacket, and now the first team I'm getting a shot with is Green Bay," said Sutton, a rookie running back. "Back home, I was the only one who actually had that coat around there, so I definitely stood out."

As a non-drafted free agent out of Northwestern, Sutton has a goal of standing out in the upcoming training camp with the Packers. He has the proverbial tough road just to make the team, vying for a roster spot in a position group that has veteran Ryan Grant entrenched as the starter and experienced third-year pros Bran..

Source: Packers.com

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well injuries aside I always thought that Tyrell Sutton is a great runningback, he did some good things for Northwestern.

2005 - Fr. - 12 games, 1,474 yds, 16 tds, 5.9 ypc
2006 - So. - 12 games, 1,000 yds, 5 tds, 5.3 ypc
2007 - Jr. - 6 games, 522 yds, 4 tds, 4.8 ypc (on track to rush for about 1,044 yds)
2008 - Sr. - 8 games, 890 yds, 6 tds, 4.8 ypc (on track to run for about 1,335 yds)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All three running backs competing for the 3rd spot were HS stars, who have been battling injuries since College. Lumpkin, in fact, was the #2 prospect coming out of HS, second to Reggie Bush. Anyone who wins the job will be a though competitor for BOTH Jackson and Grant.

Members online

Latest posts