Superstitions

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have had the same bobbleheads in the exact same place on top of my tv forever, and when the packers start losing I turn them around until they come back (they stay turned around all week if they lose) it worked saturday. Anyway just curious if anyone else did weird things to "help" the packers win games.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny you bring this up, because I got a Favre Bobblehead at the start of the year....and we're 1 away from the Superbowl.

Coincidence? I think not!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well.......in August of 1996, my wife asked me what i wanted for our 15th wedding anniversary. I told her "A Packer tatoo" and i got it. Then the Pack wins the SB! This year my wife asked me what i wanted for my 50th birthday, and i said "A Packer earring" which i have worn 100% of the time since July. So I only take it out to clean it, then it goes right back in the ear! They have done great since!
Plus..........i have worn my "NFC North" champs sweatshirt every day since i got it, and they have been winning! (I wore it to last weekend's game)
Yes....i DO wash it!!!
So I'm wearing it till they win the Super Bowl!!!!

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a set of pom pons that Ed bought me for Xmas a couple of years ago, I place them by my coffee table, then there is my dog, only one of them is lucky as far as I can tell...LOL...she has to lay by me when the Packers have the ball, sometimes hard to do but she will do it she also sometimes wears a Packers jersey. Then we got some huge house flags last year for Xmas from Ed's parents they are flying outside the house off our upstairs master suite deck, it is put on the same side every time they play a game. Then Ed has to sit in a certain spot with me on the floor mostly this has worked. And I do put out my cheesehead and I put that over my lamp shade. This sounds stupid to, but whatever works right? LOL OH, Ed makes dip to go with chips we have that every sunday or game day as well. Oh and I forgot, I always wear my white number "4" Jersey.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a set of pom pons that Ed bought me for Xmas a couple of years ago, I place them by my coffee table, then there is my dog, only one of them is lucky as far as I can tell...LOL...she has to lay by me when the Packers have the ball, sometimes hard to do but she will do it she also sometimes wears a Packers jersey. Then we got some huge house flags last year for Xmas from Ed's parents they are flying outside the house off our upstairs master suite deck, it is put on the same side every time they play a game. Then Ed has to sit in a certain spot with me on the floor mostly this has worked. And I do put out my cheesehead and I put that over my lamp shade. This sounds stupid to, but whatever works right? LOL OH, Ed makes dip to go with chips we have that every sunday or game day as well. Oh and I forgot, I always wear my white number "4" Jersey.
(Boy..........what a whack job!!!!)

Just kidding Hedder!!!LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have had the same bobbleheads in the exact same place on top of my tv forever, and when the packers start losing I turn them around until they come back (they stay turned around all week if they lose) it worked saturday. Anyway just curious if anyone else did weird things to "help" the packers win games.

So in years that the Packers have not won their last game, do the bobble-heads turned around backwords until the next September?

Just wondering.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I Pour a drink every time the Packers get in the Red Zone and have to have that drink finished by the time the other team gets their first snap on the next series.

I put an extra ounce in the drink I have every time every time the Packers convert on a 3rd and 5 or longer. (No extra mixer allowed.)

If the Packers are behind at the half I am not allowed to go to the bathroom until they get their next score.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
I Pour a drink every time the Packers get in the Red Zone and have to have that drink finished by the time the other team gets their first snap on the next series.

I put an extra ounce in the drink I have every time every time the Packers convert on a 3rd and 5 or longer. (No extra mixer allowed.)

If the Packers are behind at the half I am not allowed to go to the bathroom until they get their next score.
Whoa................you must have been TOAST last Saturday!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

Dont Hurt yourself RP :lol:

Nothing special for me, I make sure my schedule is clear when I can and sit down watch the game and rarely move when its on (and never during the game).

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Dont Hurt yourself RP :lol:

Nothing special for me, I make sure my schedule is clear when I can and sit down watch the game and rarely move when its on (and never during the game).

I was kidding of course. :D

whew good I was worried for ya, that just may be hard to do at times (I dont care how die hard of a fan you are) :)

Toddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I wear my jersey while watching the game, the Packers loose. But last week I chose to wear my Jennings jersey anyway and well you know what happend. So maybe it changes in the playoffs, I'll be wearing my Jennings jersey again this weekend.

My other superstition is If I watch the game with friends/family, the Packers loose. I'm banking on it going backwards in the playoffs again so I'll be watching the game at a friends house.

Blame me if we loose. :p

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always wear my #4 away jersey for away games and switch off between Favre and Woodson for home games. If the we win, I'll wear the home jersey for every game afterward until they lose one, then I switch =) Anyone else feel bad after a loss? Like what you did to bring the team luck brought the wrong kind of luck (the bad kind)?

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been wearing ny throwback Nitshke shirt all season with my packer t shirt underneath,

It's working so far.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always smoke some crack before the game, lol no just kidding, I really don't have anything..

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
(Boy..........what a whack job!!!!)

Yeah I do lots of weird stuff, but it has worked so far so not changing anything. LOL Wack Job? Jake calls me this all the time so its funny, and coming from you its funnier. :)

Just kidding Hedder!!!LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always smoke some crack before the game, lol no just kidding, I really don't have anything..

Not me.......it messes with the acid i drop.............and the joint i smoke.............. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OP
OP
P

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

So in years that the Packers have not won their last game, do the bobble-heads turned around backwords until the next September?

Just wondering.
They haven't went to the big dance since I started doing this so every year after the playoff loss I stuff them in a drawer because I'm too mad to look at them all year, hopefully not this year

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never believed in superstitions... that is until last week! Right after Grant's second fumble I noticed my wife didn't have her Favre jersey on. Jokingly I told her that if she wants the Pack to win then she better get the jersey on... she immediately put her jersey on and you all know what happened to the game!

farfam1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I had my Mother over to watch last week's game. She showed up just as it was starting. I didn't have my "lucky" sweatshirt on at the beginning of the game. As soon as I put the sweatshirt on the Pack began playing like champs. So this week I told my Mom she has to show up just before the game and I will already have my sweatshirt on. In a way, I don't know if all this matters. My Uncle Butch, who was the biggest GB fan I ever knew and got me into the team, passed away earlier this year and somehow I think he is directing the team from above. Here's to Uncle Butch and the Pack scoring a big one vs. the Gnats on Sunday!!!

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had a favre jersey (Pack goes 4-12) it tore, I had an Abdul Hodge jersey (Pack goes 8-8) I lose it, I dont have a Jersey (Pack goes 13-3). I dont think I was meant to have a Jersey.

another example...

Hawkeyes go 10-2 then 7-5, I buy an Albert Young jersey they go 6-7 and then 6-6. Maybe I should thow it away (or atleast never wear it)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's funny if you think about it.........as if anything WE as fans do really makes a difference on the outcome of a game!
(But i'm STILL wearing my NFC North Champs sweatshirt.......just to cover all the bases!!!) :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts