Superbowl

Messi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've heared that it should be in London next time, how certain is that?

Isn't that a little bit stupid thing to do. European don't watch it, and I don't the interest would increase by having it there.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really doubt they are going to move the Superbowl to London. The biggest game in America's most popular sport, that would just be a bad move. I really hope that this does not happen.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard somthing about this, but I seriously doubt it. It would be a bad economical decision.

OP
OP
M

Messi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just what I thought. Doubt that it would make more europeans intrested, if that the motive is.

Aa-rodg_is_cool

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:eek:
Just what I thought. Doubt that it would make more europeans intrested, if that the motive is.

It probably would get more europeans interested because every overseas game the NFL has had has sold out, they're trying to spread the fan base which = more $ but we can't have our suberbowl played in another country right?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm from Brazil, and I'm totally agains any REGULAR SEASON game abroad. It kills a home game for a team and it's not fair for them to have to travel all the way to europe, tiring the players. And let's be honest, I would love to see a game here, but this is an American sport. Basketball is played in all the world, professionally. Baseball too. Football is NOT. Yes, the game would be sold out anywhere it happens. But there wouldn't be real team supporters in the stadium, not in an fair number, at least.

croxeye

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What football really needs is like a "world tour" give something old vets looking for a job and undrafted FA's to do, resolving their playing and money issue, while introducing football to a new market. Imagine the potential, people could watch Brett Favre handing off too Deuce McCalister or throwing it to marvin harrison.

What do you guys think about it?

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What football really needs is like a "world tour" give something old vets looking for a job and undrafted FA's to do, resolving their playing and money issue, while introducing football to a new market. Imagine the potential, people could watch Brett Favre handing off too Deuce McCalister or throwing it to marvin harrison.

What do you guys think about it?

That would be interesting. Much wiser than playing the SB abroad. Like the Harlem Globetrotters.

The NFL got to remember that it's all about the fans. And not every fan could afford the trip, specially in this economy. Even in Detroit it would be wiser, with all the problems in that city/state. It could lift up their economy and stuff...

OP
OP
M

Messi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think american football would not have a chance to compete with the "real" football in europe. The sport there has such a big fanbase and the sport is so huge that american football would have a hard time to get people to get intrested.

I mean it's like NASCAR trying to get attention from Forumla 1 or something in europe. Would be impossible.

I don't say that American football couldn't live side-by-side with regular football. It probably could but it would leave deep within the shadows of the europeans national sport, and get hardly any attention.

Members online

Latest posts