Superbowl Half-time Show.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the preview of the half time show today on NFL Network.

You should have seen Prince. He is no Eric Clapton. Man, it reminded me of Marty McFly at the Enchantment Under The Sea Dance.

I will take Janet Jacksons left nipple over that.

R.P.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats all the SB is anymore to me, its not a sport, its a rock concert and a commercial show. Who cares about halftime. Commercials I dont mind.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Prince will rock socks off

lot of people are not aware how good of a performer he is...Or the fact he writes songs for lot of other artists

most impressive thing to me is all the instruments he can play...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Prince is very talented in what he does, but IMO hes pretty weird.

Compared to michael jackson, Prince is as normal as they come

LOL

but he is a little bit odd with some of the things he has done.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Prince is very talented in what he does, but IMO hes pretty weird.
He's kind of the 80's version of "Little Richard." Heck........he looks like he could be Little Richard's son!
What surprised me is that he's like only 5 foot 3! He wanted to play "Batman" in the movies! Now.......personality wise i think he could do it.......but a 5'3" Batman??? How would that look on the screen? They would have to get "Mini Me" to play "Robin!"

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheesey, they can do anything in movies. Think about Lord of the Rings. A lot of people don't know this, but Elijah Wood is not a hobbit!!! :wink:

On the flip side, Kiefer (sp?) Sutherland is like 5'9", and he plays badass Jack Bauer.

:hijacked:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Cheesey, they can do anything in movies. Think about Lord of the Rings. A lot of people don't know this, but Elijah Wood is not a hobbit!!! :wink:

On the flip side, Kiefer (sp?) Sutherland is like 5'9", and he plays badass Jack Bauer.

:hijacked:
LOL! It's true........they COULD have Prince stand on a box, or the other actors stand in a hole through the movie!
Oh.....and 5 foot 9 is ALOT taller then 5'3"!
I'm 5'8", and my Dad was 5'3"! But he sure SEEMED big to me!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when he started singing purple rain, people went nuts, especially ME!

"I never meant to cause you any sorrow..." YEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

Im not gay.

Really.

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was waiting for the rain to short out the electronics, Prince lights up like a squirrel on a high power line, the dancers hair starts to smoke, and the stage melts to the ground in one big plastic gooey mess.

Now THAT would have been a halftime show to remember. :noflame:

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What was it he was wearing on his head? I thought maybe he had some curlers under there. In the old days my Mom used to wear something like that to keep her curlers in her hair..lol..

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was waiting for the rain to short out the electronics, Prince lights up like a squirrel on a high power line, the dancers hair starts to smoke, and the stage melts to the ground in one big plastic gooey mess.

Now THAT would have been a halftime show to remember. :noflame:

I was thinking the same thing. I was afraid the entire world was about to witness the death by electrocution of a musical superstar. But somebody more observant than me pointed out afterwards that his guitar did not have a cord. It must've had a wireless amp.

I thought Prince's performance was more inspired than what we usually get during a Super Bowl halftime.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I accidentally hit "Give Thanks" :rotflmao:

I'm not a Prince fan, but dude put on a pretty good show. Ya'll need to stop drinking the Haterade.

(At least it wasn't Nelly)

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Prince was much better than the Aging Stones from last year.

I thought the show was good.

Someone actually told me that Prince was a very good point guard in high school. I smell internet scam.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now it makes a little more sense why they had Prince there. Me and my buddies were all wondering who listens to this. For the first time in our lives we were ashamed for the NFL and that inlcludes nipplegate. You have to understand here the the country a guy in a pink suit with a diaper on his head doesn't go over very well but if I see now some people liked it I feel a lot better

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never saw Prince. I was way too busy watching the two AMAZING women fly around the singer.....

Members online

Latest posts