Super Bowl XLV: When did you relax?

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I don't know how to do a poll, so I'll do it this way - I'd like to know when you guys were able to relax during (or after!) the game - and if you have any specific reasoning, I'd like to hear that too:

1.) After the Nelson TD?

2.) After the Pick Six™?

3.) After Jennings' second quarter TD?

4.) After Jennings' fourth quarter TD?

5.) After the FG?

6.) After the Steelers' failed on fourth down?

7.) After the last kneel down?

8.) "When I saw the Gatorade bath."

9.) "Huh? I was always relaxed."

10.) "I'm still not relaxed."

11.) Other.

P.S. Okay, now I know how to do a poll! I'll do it next time.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was way way more relaxed for the entire game than I was for the bears game. I couldn't sleep before that game. This one was just another game, but I didn't truly relax until the 4 and out to finish it.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was half a bottle of Whiskey in the bag & only God knows how many beers I had...after all that I still wasn't relaxed

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
I'm realizing how much of an effect my paranoid father has on my game watching experiences. All of you were relaxed, my dad made me feel like we were down by a score instead of up for the entire game. It still wasn't as nerve-wrecking as the Bears game, I'll give you that.

OP
OP
LombardiChick

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I'm realizing how much of an effect my paranoid father has on my game watching experiences. All of you were relaxed, my dad made me feel like we were down by a score instead of up for the entire game. It still wasn't as nerve-wrecking as the Bears game, I'll give you that.

Oh my goodness, you just described game day throughout my entire childhood. Though he loved the Packers, my dad was the ultimate Packer pessimist, the King of the Karma Pick. He ALWAYS, without fail, bet me a buck they would lose.

I made a lot of money off my dad when I was little. :smile:

Did you grow up in Wisconsin?

fatalflaw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in Italy and had to watch from Midnight-thirty on. I think I started relxing at 5 AM when I finally fell asleep, then got up for work at 7!

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was relaxed for the most part,because I knew all year we were going to win it all,I was upset though when Woodson and Driver ,Shields went out the team took a nose dive,but when they came back knowing the two wanted it so bad end result Sb win still loving it.

fatalflaw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does it say 'cheerleader' by my name?? I don't think my fat hairy butt would go too well in them skimpy unis!

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know how to do a poll, so I'll do it this way - I'd like to know when you guys were able to relax during (or after!) the game - and if you have any specific reasoning, I'd like to hear that too:

1.) After the Nelson TD?

2.) After the Pick Six™?

3.) After Jennings' second quarter TD?

4.) After Jennings' fourth quarter TD?

5.) After the FG?

6.) After the Steelers' failed on fourth down?

7.) After the last kneel down?

8.) "When I saw the Gatorade bath."

9.) "Huh? I was always relaxed."

10.) "I'm still not relaxed."

11.) Other.

P.S. Okay, now I know how to do a poll! I'll do it next time.

I was really relaxed but excited when the game started because i was very confidant the Packers would win. I got concerned when DD and Shields got hurt, but any real sense of doubt started when I saw Woodson going in to the locker room before half.

I made a diamond necklace shoving coal up my *** the second half and didnt relax until #6 the 4th down in completion.

Then I was all 0:43:happy0005:with my hanky and stuff!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5FD599sT8k"]YouTube - Packer fans react at Stadium View in Green Bay as Packers win Super Bowl XLV[/ame]

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I was half a bottle of Whiskey in the bag & only God knows how many beers I had...after all that I still wasn't relaxed

I wasn't that much in with the alcohol,..but I do know it had ZERO effect on the nerves... anyone know the tally that 12-85 pounded?? lol

My son was the same way!!! Felt like we were behind with his stomping and yelling...eeesh!!!

oops forgot to answer the poll... like I think Sarah said...I'm still on edge...still surreal!
But during the game, I think I actually took a real deep breath on #7 ..when 12 took the knee!!!

unbelievable game to top off an UNBELIEVABLE season!!!!

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was feeling a little more relaxed after getting up 21-3 but as soon as the Steelers scored my heart was pounding so hard for the rest of the game I could actually see my shirt move.

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am gonna go with 11. Other.

I started to relax a couple days after, I had loads of anxiety the night before, so I didn't sleep. The night after I was so busy replaying certain downs in my head I didn't sleep lol. By Tuesday night I crashed hard and woke up feeling happy.

Crazy what this game can do to you!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I just relaxed this weekend...

One would think that when a football game becomes so excruciatingly nervous, it's time to do something else for entertainment.

But then again, the Green Bay Packers are not just entertainment...
But it sure takes a toll.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't relax until Tramon knocked away that 4th down pass to Mike Wallace.
I totally expected them to convert and move the ball closer and closer to beating us.

Members online

Latest posts