Super Bowl Odds

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just thought it would be interesting to show you all what the National Wagering Books look like as far as who they believe are the top Super Bowl Contenders. From Bovada, this is their odds to win this season's Super Bowl. Funny how low they have the champion Giants!

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Odds to win the 2013 Super Bowl XLVII

Green Bay Packers
13/2

New England Patriots
8/1

San Francisco 49ers
10/1

Denver Broncos
12/1

Houston Texans
12/1

Philadelphia Eagles
14/1

Baltimore Ravens
16/1

New York Giants
16/1

New Orleans Saints
18/1

Chicago Bears
20/1

Dallas Cowboys
20/1

Pittsburgh Steelers
20/1

Atlanta Falcons
22/1

San Diego Chargers
22/1

Detroit Lions
25/1

New York Jets
25/1

Carolina Panthers
35/1

Cincinnati Bengals
40/1

Arizona Cardinals
50/1

Buffalo Bills
50/1

Kansas City Chiefs
50/1

Miami Dolphins
50/1

Seattle Seahawks
50/1

Tennessee Titans
50/1

Washington Redskins
50/1

Oakland Raiders
65/1

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
65/1

St. Louis Rams
75/1

Indianapolis Colts
100/1

Minnesota Vikings
100/1

Cleveland Browns
150/1

Jacksonville Jaguars
150/1

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These odds are nothing more than guesses intended to motivate suckers to bet.

Just think about it -- NYG added first rate talent at WR and RB, lost no one other than Ross and Goff (neither will be missed) from their defense and get back starting CB (Thomas) as well as last year's injured rook Austin -- and they are ranked behind the damn Eagles. Fooey!

Jets at 25-1? I wouldn't take 75 -1 on those slugs, likely to go 6 and 10.

Like I said -- these odds are meaningless.

Want my guesses? SF will miss playoffs (combination of hubris and injuries), Denver will go deep in playoffs, NYG and Steelers will meet in the SB. Again, equally meaningless.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants weren't anywhere close to being the best team in the league last year at any point, until things fell into place with them last playoff run. In fact, the Cowboys were one simple completion to a wide-open Miles Austin from winning that division and keeping the Giants home for the playoffs, probably causing the coach to be fired. They were that close to failing.

Then they got us 48 hours after a devastating funeral following a horrible week with that punk, and we made more mental mistakes in 3 hours than we had in the past 35 games combined.

And then one guy on the 49ers, twice, fumbles away punts to do his best imitation of Santa Claus and give the Giants the NFC Title.
Oh, and the Giants didn't have to face the Saints, who own the Giants.

So things just magically came together for them in one lucky run. It happens.
How did the Giants do in 2008 coming off that 2007 magical carpet ride?

The Giants are the champions, but Vegas sets odds like this based on overall talent, as well as how much money the betting public tends to put on them.

Agree on the Jets having no chance.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
OH MY GOD. The Colts are NOT the worst.:D:tup:

*sigh* Broncos I don't see that as a SB team (fluke team last year IMO) but people expect them to contend.

They MIGHT make the playoffs but right now I am not sure I would even bet on that. I have a sneaky feeling the Chargers are due for another strong season again. And until proven otherwise they own Peyton. So does Crennel.

NE/Pittsburgh/Houston are my AFC faves.

Packers/NFC East garbage are my NFC faves.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the giants have the talent to be right up there competing with every other Upper Echelon team in the NFC, so as much as I hate to say it and agree with NYG they are too low. Going to be a very very tight NFC race this year and therefore I think placing any sort of bet who will be representing the NFC in the superbowl is a huge gamble. I mean seriously there are easily 6 teams that could win 11+ games . (Packers Lions Bears Giants SF Eagles) and there are definitely some very strong teams I didn't throw on that list. When you have that kind of closeness of talent going into the playoffs its really anyone's game, and as we have seen the past two Superbowl winners got hot at the right time, and who knows who that dark-horse will be this year

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the value bets here are Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and maybe Tampa. No, I don't give Cleveland much of a chance, but its much better than 150-1. $20 gets you $3k! As far as NYG go, don't they have a habit of not making the playoffs in the years after they win a SB?

The worst bets - Broncos (the signing of Manning has boosted betters confidence) and Oakland (who I think will muster 2 or 3 wins max)

toolkien

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants didn't make the playoffs the two previous years, and wouldn't have made it last year if BOTH the Eagles and Cowboys hadn't shot themselves in the foot. The Giants had a negative point differential last year, gave up 400 points, and were 27th in yards given up (for those who are so depressed about the Packers' total given up). The Giants got a whole lotta luck in 2011 to get in, and then to have four superior teams ALL fade away in succession. In 2012 one has to suspect that one or the other between the Cowboys and Eagles will pull it back together, if not both, which puts the Giants back into the WC hunt with the Falcons/Saint (depending on how impacted the Saints end up being), Bears, Lions, Seattle for two spots. There's a pretty good chance the Giants don't even make the playoffs in 2012.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NY Giants were the best team last year and won SuperBowl. They went through Atlanta at Giants Stadium, dominated amd desteoyed the 15-1 Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field and then beat San Francisco 49ers at Candlestick in an NFC Chamlionship Gamr for the agea where Eli Manning turned in a legendary performance and played QB as well as it could be played against that ravenous defenae. Eli Manning then led NY Giants offenae to SuperBowl XLVI where we dominated TOP 38 minutes to 22 minutes keeping tje best QB in NFL off the field and emerged victorious against New England Patriots who are coached by perhaps the greatest coach in the history of NFL.

I love it that NY Giants are underestimated again, it is kust how we like it.
Eli's Coming and so are the rest of NY Giants to reoeat as SuperBowl Champions.

I bELIeve.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Odds are we will be in the fight...hopefully this time to the very end.

And once again I won't accept the Philbin excuse for last years exit.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Now here's a thread that needs another look !

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who do you guys expect we beat in this season's Super Bowl in New Orleans?

Patriots
Steelers
Texans
Ravens

I can't imagine anyone else. Maybe Denver gets there with that good defense if Manning can be himself and make that offense great. I don't expect it, but he's truly great so who knows....

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I think the value bets here are Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and maybe Tampa. No, I don't give Cleveland much of a chance, but its much better than 150-1. $20 gets you $3k! As far as NYG go, don't they have a habit of not making the playoffs in the years after they win a SB?

The worst bets - Broncos (the signing of Manning has boosted betters confidence) and Oakland (who I think will muster 2 or 3 wins max)
No surprise the Mafia has a good look at value bets! Still, odds represent the perception of the betting public as a whole. It's not as if one guy is figuring who's better or worse. The action is obviously on the Packers.
And Frank.... though I never bet (or expect) on anything I don't personally have a hand in deciding I"m rooting for a Packer/Ravens SB for personal reasons.

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who do you guys expect we beat in this season's Super Bowl in New Orleans?

Patriots
Steelers
Texans
Ravens

I can't imagine anyone else. Maybe Denver gets there with that good defense if Manning can be himself and make that offense great. I don't expect it, but he's truly great so who knows....
I think it'll be the Steelers again. They never seem to be out of it for very long. Although I can see the Pats making another run as well.

Don't think the Texans have a real shot though. They lost a lot in free agency. And I don't think Flacco can make it to a Super Bowl.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to beat the Giants & Eagles in the playoffs the most. Can that happen, we get served both of those East Coast Hype teams on our path to beating another one, New England, in the Super Bowl?
That would be perfect.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Frank, can you repeat your feat and post today's odds, It would make for an interesting comparison. ;)

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the NFC comes down to the Packers, 49ers and Giants.... AFC Raven & Texans .... who is healthy at playoff time will determine who wins.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the NFC comes down to the Packers, 49ers and Giants.... .... who is healthy at playoff time will determine who wins.
Philly & Chicago will be factors as well. And watch out for Atlanta, who was the #1 seed when we won the Super Bowl. Don't sleep on them.

TennMike

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on strictly value (long odds that might have a chance), who do you take? I'm thinking Carolina at 35/1. I can't see anyone with worse odds having a chance.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts