Super Bowl halftime show?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Have they announced it yet? It would seem as if they already have since we're seeing the Super Bowl logo more frequent this time of the season.

Even if it hasn't been announced yet, who do you wish for to play at the big game?

I'm an old school music guy, and I know a lot from the 60's on up to the late 90's. So if I had to go back in time, I'm still dead set on wishing David Bowie would do the Super Bowl one year, but that's just a dream as I am pretty sure he has retired from singing since he hasn't toured in such a long time. I can see Bowie performing Heroes or Rebel Rebel, even though I would prefer Fame and Golden Years.

Anyone current, I'm going to say Michael Buble. I think he's got a nice voice, and his album It's Time has become a nice accessory in my car stereo. He could sing Feeling Good and medley it with a Frank Sinatra tune, and that would work just fine.

This will never happen, but my dream Super Bowl halftime would be Pink Floyd performing a medley of Time, Money, and Us & Them, but that is never going to happen as long as the Black Eyed Peas and people like that get to perform.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
its the super bowl halftime show...it could be someone farting into the microphone and it will still be better than last year's.
bring back the stones.

Yes! Bring back the Stones!!

Paul McCartney got to do it multiple times, I wouldn't mind seeing Jagger and the boys again. I was raised on their albums Sticky Fingers and Let It Bleed, and was glad they got to at least do a Super Bowl show.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Madonna is that the best they can come up with?

I respect her as an artist, and consider one of her albums to be a guilty pleasure of mine, as I do many New Wave/Synth bands from the 80's, but her doing the halftime show is pretty crazy. I'd rather have the Stones again despite how bad people bash Jagger's vocals in recent years.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather watch highlights of the first half. I have no use for corpses or the black eyed peas. I could rock to some Ke$ha though. Hook it up NFL.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have not enjoyed many superbowl halftime shows in the past 10 years so i don't really care, they could give some unknown band their "big break" at the halftime show for all i care.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Unless it's not 100% confirmed (and I am not sure it is), last time I heard it was Madonna.

Who knows, might be interesting and I loved her as a kid. I was kinda suprised Jim Irsay did not dig out a country act or Mellancamp.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget Favre actually has a decent idea, they could get some NFL players who play instruments and have them play for a well known singer, almost anything would be better than the crap they have thrown out lately.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have not enjoyed many superbowl halftime shows in the past 10 years so i don't really care, they could give some unknown band their "big break" at the halftime show for all i care.
Way back in the day I understand it was the marching bands that played.
I would love if they brought those back.
Unfortunately they won't because that would be too boring to the younger generations and the network needs all the ratings it can get.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget Favre actually has a decent idea, they could get some NFL players who play instruments and have them play for a well known singer, almost anything would be better than the crap they have thrown out lately.
Ladies and gentlemen, The NFL presents the Stadium Players Garage Band!!!!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I understand that Aaron Rodgers plays guitar. True?
If so and when the Pack is leading at halftime he could be the halftime show.
It's not like he's going to need any tips and pointers in the locker room. LOL
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I am totally down with that idea. But, it will be tough to play guitar at halftime as you QB the winning team.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I understand that Aaron Rodgers plays guitar. True?
If so and when the Pack is leading at halftime he could be the halftime show.
It's not like he's going to need any tips and pointers in the locker room. LOL

I actually have something in common with Rodgers now, wonder if he prefers Jackson or Gibson when it comes to the V.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score

Lousy idea. This was attempted once that I can recall and it resulted in "The Super Bowl Shuffle."

Although it was not a half-time show, just NFL players.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lousy idea. This was attempted once that I can recall and it resulted in "The Super Bowl Shuffle."

Although it was not a half-time show, just NFL players.

I am talking about a half time show that is actually put together well and getting players that are really good on their respective instruments. Not a bunch of bears teammates that are obviously goofing around. How can you say that is a lousy idea after what has been thrown out there recently? :facepalm

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't matter that much to me. They've all been pretty bad in recent years so I usually just change the channel to the Puppy Bowl during halftime.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say they do an hour long skit. Off the top of my head they have dolph lundgren pose as a scientist who got in an accident and now he is able to smell crime. He has a hot lab assistant who he makes love to when he is not out fighting crime. The twist of this halftime show is that we are going to show live penetration on the air, show all of it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say they do an hour long skit. Off the top of my head they have dolph lundgren pose as a scientist who got in an accident and now he is able to smell crime. He has a hot lab assistant who he makes love to when he is not out fighting crime. The twist of this halftime show is that we are going to show live penetration on the air, show all of it.
If you think that the nation goes nuts over a nipple for like not even a second....

eric

Hater gonna hate
Reaction score
lettuce be reality, Green Bay isn't gonna be anywhere near the Super Bowl, pls move thread to the appropriate section.

L

Lunchboxer

lettuce be reality, Green Bay isn't gonna be anywhere near the Super Bowl, pls move thread to the appropriate section.

The hell is lettuce be reality thing.

Dang Cowboy troll. Go troll the fins board or eagle board or something.

Just has to be this fourm.

lettuce be reality Cowboys suck.

Members online

Latest posts