Sunday's game is loaded with coincidence

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really surprised few people have put together the amazing number of ironies and coincidences in the Packers-Seahawks game.

Holmgren left Green Bay(with Mike Sherman as offensive coordinator) to go to Seattle. Several Packers scouts and front office people left with Holmgren to go to Seattle, one returned in Packers GM Ted Thompson. Brett Favre was QB with Green Bay under both Holmgren and Sherman. One of Brett Favre's understudys was Matt Hasselbeck, who is in the Pro Bowl this year while Favre is not. Favre might hang it up while Hasselbeck will be considered the new fair-haired boy. Ahman Green was traded to Green Bay from Seattle for Fred Vinson. Green worked out, Vinson did not. Now Green is likely gone from Green Bay.

Mike Sherman left Holmgren's staff and returned to Green Bay. Sherman might be gone following the game with the Seahawks. Former Seattle exec Ted Thompson will make the call.

The last meaningful time Seattle was in Green Bay, Sherman's team defeated the Seahawks in the playoffs. This time, the Seahawks are advancing to the playoffs while the Packers are not.

Mike Sherman has signed a contract extension, but might be fired. Holmgren was ready to be fired on his contract with one year left, but will be retained.

I'm sure there's other coincidences/ironies but that's all I can think of now.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Here's one more...

Mike Holmgren's riding high in the NFC ranked #1...poised to make another SB run...

and Mike Sherman is floating in the toilet with the dregs of his coaching staff (Rossley, et.al...)...waiting to be flushed at 3-13....

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Here's one more...

Mike Holmgren's riding high in the NFC ranked #1...poised to make another SB run...

and Mike Sherman is floating in the toilet with the dregs of his coaching staff (Rossley, et.al...)...waiting to be flushed at 3-13....

And is poised for another collossal playoff choke.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C'mon 66...net had a nice thread going and you gotta screw it up with your unhealthy obsession. As bad as you claim Sherman's playoff record is he is 1-0 against Holmgren. Sorry about once again making you look like an idiot with facts.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously [email protected] up!

But back to the topic at hand...I think it's dowplayed a bit, net, due to the previous three (?) Seattle-Pack games which have covered these previous topics. However, this game could be a very interesting one, in hindsight, depending on what happens in the playoffs and this offseason.

Members online

Latest posts