Summon a 3rd string QB!!!!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing Aaron in this game has brought to my attention a matter of some concern. We seem to not have a 3rd string QB. Watching Flynn take chances, running for the first down almost made me suffer a massive coronary. What would we of done if something happened to Flynn? Forfeit the game? Have Tramon Williams step up, (j/k)?

Is it foolish to have only 2 QBs on your roster? I think if there is any chance at all of Aaron not playing next week we need to at least have a 3rd stringer at the ready if not a 4th. Question is where would we get one at this point in the season?

Am I wrong to be just a little bit concerned over this?

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Good point.

Run the wildcat every play? Starks played QB in high school, lol.

On a more serious note, if this concussion is worse than it seemed on the sidelines, this is something maybe we should seriously look into? He sounded fine to me, it almost seemed like protocol to keep him out.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ANY team in the league that's based on the pass, if they lose their elite QB, they can't win games.

Pretty simple.

If the Saints lose Brees, they lose. If the Pats lose Brady, they lose. If the Colts lose Payton, they lose.

Rodgers had NEVER missed any playing time. NEVER. NEVER MISSED PLAYING TIME.

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy has said that they do have an emergency 3rd string ready at a press conference. HOWEVER, for some reason, he didn't say who it was. But he's got a plan.

Or maybe he just lied. Or maybe if Flynn gets hurt, we'll find out.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
ANY team in the league that's based on the pass, if they lose their elite QB, they can't win games.

Pretty simple.

If the Saints lose Brees, they lose. If the Pats lose Brady, they lose. If the Colts lose Payton, they lose.

Hey, you forgot one team?

Vikings lose Brett they lose....ooohh wait...They beat the Bills

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pretty simple.

Eagles lose QB they get Superman off the bench...

I am nitpicking I know. Its true, most teams have very limitied back ups.

I am really curious who our 3rd string is. Woodson? Clay Matthews?

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Luckily for us, we have a defense that could probably win us some games even if Flynn had to start for a period of time. Steelers started 3-1 when Roethlisberger was out and they were playing a fourth string QB.

Problem is, McCarthy is going to have to put more faith in the D in games like that. Even getting 3 on that one drive made it 6-0 and puts us in fantastic position. Gotta keep it simple and minimize the opportunity for mistakes when Flynn is in right now, especially with that OL.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score

Pretty simple.

Didn't the pats lose Brady the first week 2 years ago and still go 11-5?? Just saying

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am really curious who our 3rd string is. Woodson? Clay Matthews?

I'm really curious myself. I heard on the radio (I don't know if it was a joke) that they might have to put Jordy in the QB spot if Flynn gets hurt. So maybe he's our emergency QB.

I know Harrell is our QB on the practice squad but I don't know why MM didn't say who the emergency QB is.

OP
OP
Kitten

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't the pats lose Brady the first week 2 years ago and still go 11-5?? Just saying

I remember that year. If I recall the Pats tanked that season after Brady went down. I know for sure Brady going down tanked my fantasy football season, maybe that is what I'm remembering.

It's good to know we have options. It just scared me because I thought we were kind of flying without a net there. It makes me wonder exactly who that mysterious 3rd stringer would be and I hope we never land up in a position where we have to find out.

bozo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really curious myself. I heard on the radio (I don't know if it was a joke) that they might have to put Jordy in the QB spot if Flynn gets hurt.
No joke...Jordy Nelson had his helmet miked up, after Rodgers went out, as the backup for Flynn.

Heard this said by WTMJ's broadcaster, Wayne Laravy (sp) this morning.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No joke...Jordy Nelson had his helmet miked up, after Rodgers went out, as the backup for Flynn.

at that point we can just hand the ball off as the game would be shot. Kinda curious to see if he can throw or not. Ill ask him how he was in HS next time I see him

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's to my understanding that there can be only 1 mic'ed up helmet on the field per team (one on O and one on D).

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cowboys are doing better with the veteran backup Jon Kitna than they did with Romo.
We could have had Kitna.

Yes Tom Brady went out in 2008 game 1, at Kansas City with the shredded ACL, and Matt Cassell led them to an 11-5 record, even though he hadn't even started A SINGLE GAME IN COLLEGE. He was Matt Leinart's (remember him) backup.

Mark Brunell would have been better for us yesterday.
So would Marc Bulger, David Carr, Kerry Collins, Byron Leftwich, Charlie Batch (if healthy those guys), Chad Pennington... hell, where's Doug Flutie or Jeff Garcia?

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Confirmed: Jordy's our emergency QB:

"Packers head coach Mike McCarthy earlier this season declined to publicly name his emergency No. 3 quarterback for competitive purposes.
But wide receiver Jordy Nelson confirmed Sunday on Channel 2’s “Sunday Sports Night” that he would have been inserted at quarterback if Flynn went down."

Who Would Have Been the Emergency QB if Flynn Got Hurt?

OP
OP
Kitten

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Confirmed: Jordy's our emergency QB:

"Packers head coach Mike McCarthy earlier this season declined to publicly name his emergency No. 3 quarterback for competitive purposes.
But wide receiver Jordy Nelson confirmed Sunday on Channel 2’s “Sunday Sports Night” that he would have been inserted at quarterback if Flynn went down."

Who Would Have Been the Emergency QB if Flynn Got Hurt?

Thanks for the info! I hope Nelson doesn't get into trouble with M.M. for letting the cat out of the bag!

Nelson taking snaps would actually be something interesting to see! No offense to Flynn of course!

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I think Flynn will do fine the o-line needs to do a better job,at giving the q.b time I think A-rod will be fine to play this week,I think M.M benched A-rod for the play he made,I'm kidding and I'm not saying he didn't get hurt I know he did just thinking it wasn't as bad as it seemed and just want to keep him healthy for the Pats game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Cowboys are doing better with the veteran backup Jon Kitna than they did with Romo.
We could have had Kitna.

Yes Tom Brady went out in 2008 game 1, at Kansas City with the shredded ACL, and Matt Cassell led them to an 11-5 record, even though he hadn't even started A SINGLE GAME IN COLLEGE. He was Matt Leinart's (remember him) backup.

Mark Brunell would have been better for us yesterday.
So would Marc Bulger, David Carr, Kerry Collins, Byron Leftwich, Charlie Batch (if healthy those guys), Chad Pennington... hell, where's Doug Flutie or Jeff Garcia?

Funny to look back at how people felt about Flynn back when

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Am I stuck in a time warp ???? Whats happened to Scott Tolzien ? I thought he was our 3rd string QB ?

Members online

Latest posts