Stupid A-HOLE announcer commentators

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As soon as the game ended i had to hear that piece of crap, i think his name is Christina Collinsworth with the

"maybe the packer lack of running game is finally catching up to them"

Get ready guys, were gonna have to hear it all week.
"no running game"
"Brett Favre retire"

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
As soon as the game ended i had to hear that piece of crap, i think his name is Christina Collinsworth with the

"maybe the packer lack of running game is finally catching up to them"

Get ready guys, were gonna have to hear it all week.
"no running game"
"Brett Favre retire"

it had nothing to do at all with no running game. That was the least of our problems. Our problem was connected to the running game. It was the fact that we were trying to force the running game on the Bears. which obviously didnt work.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hate madden as is, but him continually refering to anything that favre did as "romo-like" pissed the hell out of me. Favre was improving in the pocket for 10 years before romo even went to the prom.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hate madden as is, but him continually refering to anything that favre did as "romo-like" pissed the hell out of me. Favre was improving in the pocket for 10 years before romo even went to the prom.

Madden was so senial last night that he kept calling Favre Romo. Are you freaking kidding me?!?! Romo hasn't even started for a full season yet!

As for the dumb comments about no running game costing us the game, it was the silly analysis that the Packers weren't that good because they don't have a running game before the game started. Because of their short-sighted, limited ability to actually report or analyze the truth, they have to fall back on the see, I told you so crap to prove they're not as dumb as they look. Maybe he actually is stupid enough to believe that the Packers lost because of their running game.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys were missing the point. In an interview Urhlacher said that Favre looked like an "old Tony Romo" (instead of romo looking like a young Favre). So they were making jokes about it. Madden even mentioned that Favre invented the style that Romo is.....

It was a compliment to Favre, I thought it was funny.

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was screaming at the TV this morning while watching ESPN First take. Skip Bayless ( who normally has no idea what he is talking about) blamed the loss on the J. Jones and Woodson fumbles. Jay Crawford blamed it on Favre. And the 2 bald headed black guys ( I apologize for not knowing who they were) blamed it on the Packers coaching for getting away from the run game in the second half !!

It amazes me how we sometimes put so much stock into what these TV commentators say when usually they have no more knowledge or insight than the average (or below average) fan.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I got a little ticked when Madden said FB Korey Hall was a seventh round draft pick.

Come on John, a little research please,
Well, you gotta remember, these guys are here one week, then off to another game. They arn't Packer fans like us! They have a few days to try to learn a little about the team, then try to forget it when they are off to the next city.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kewlbeans...I can't say that I saw that ESPN show, but if anyone actually said the loss was due to the packers getting away from the run game, they should be locked in a room and forced to watch the 2nd half of the game for 36 straight hours.

The 2nd half yesterday was the Wynn / "what's a wr?" show

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A little off topic, but someone here mentioned Skip Bayless. I was just in the US for the past 11 or so days, so I got my first long look at ESPN, and I saw a lot of Bayless praising Favre and saying good things about the Packers. Is he usually like that? A few things he did made me laugh. In one segment his partner said that he'd choose Romo over Favre, and Bayless actually laughed out loud on the air. Another time, when someone said something he didn't agree with he actually buried his face in his hands and was shaking his head. I could learn to like watching that guy. :p

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was screaming at the TV this morning while watching ESPN First take. Skip Bayless ( who normally has no idea what he is talking about) blamed the loss on the J. Jones and Woodson fumbles. Jay Crawford blamed it on Favre. And the 2 bald headed black guys ( I apologize for not knowing who they were) blamed it on the Packers coaching for getting away from the run game in the second half !!

It amazes me how we sometimes put so much stock into what these TV commentators say when usually they have no more knowledge or insight than the average (or below average) fan.
Bingo. I listen to some sports talk here on Tobacco Road where college BB is by far the biggest topic. The callers know so much more about the game than the hosts it's ridiculous. Most of the hosts simply regurgitate the stuff they read in the morning paper, almost verbatim.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I got a little ticked when Madden said FB Korey Hall was a seventh round draft pick.

Come on John, a little research please,
Well, you gotta remember, these guys are here one week, then off to another game. They arn't Packer fans like us! They have a few days to try to learn a little about the team, then try to forget it when they are off to the next city.

True, but that means they have a WEEK to get the proper documents printed off in front of them.

It's not hard to have a sheet of the players by number order and when you start talking like "Korey hall a ..." and while talking look at the sheet to see where he was drafted.

It's just laziness on their part. It's their job to be accurate and they should take necessary measures to be accurate, in my opinion.

Members online

Latest posts