Stuff About Favre

walleye

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pseudocide said:
Vikeman said:
You guys are fricking kidding me right? Were you watching the same game? There were bs calls and non calls on both sides of the ball and anyone can see the Vikings took the worst of it.

I came here to congratulate the Packer fans on this web site for a good game until I started reading some of these posts.

Jared allen was held almost every play. Yes that was a completion by Shianco(two feet down and the ground doesnt cause a fumble)...even the announcers agreed that it was. Sharper falls on the fumble instead of trying to pick it up...game swings the other way. Bernard Berrian was held by (I got ran over again) Al Harris on that long pass.
refs clearly making up for

And yes that was a horse collar at the end of the game.

You see it goes both ways people. That game could have been won by either team. I would be lieing if I didnt admit I really wanted the Vikes to win this game bad. Packer fans on this site have commented that the Vikes ran their mouth prior to the game...yes they did. However I wonder what started all the drama? :lol: :lol: I think it was false allegations with little to no substance against the Vikes which turned out to be BS. Brought to you by your awesome GM, Ted Thompson.

Dwell in the moment...it's yours. The Packers played a better overall game. However I still think both teams are just as good as the other.

Unless I'm wrong of course and the refs had a secret agenda against the Packers last night...at least that would have been the case had you lost on your homefield.

honestly the officials stared at that shaincoe drop for a long time and decided it was not a catch. he clearly got his foot down but he did not take a step, he didn't shift his weight onto the leg, he got hit almost immediately and could not maintain possession.

pass interference is always a controversial call, there were at least 2 that packers fans were outraged by, and the vikings fans were probably outraged on every play, even when it was just a good jam at the line. imagine how dominating the packers defense would be if the college rule of 15 yards on PI came to the pro game *prays*

finally that was not a "horse collar" at the end of the game because barnett didn't drag the ball carrier down by the pads, he grabbed the pads then grabbed him around the waist and tackled him.

:lol: :lol: I think it was false allegations with little to no substance against the Vikes which turned out to be BS. Brought to you by your awesome GM, Ted Thompson.

:lol: :lol: :devil: Thats funny every year the viqueens come out talkin smack!

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: The Official - The Refs Fricken Suck Thread

He's referring to the bogus charge that the Vikings were "Tampering" with Favre. Thompson should have just gave him his release when he asked for it if he was committed to Rogers. It would have avoided a whole lot of drama. Oh well.

OP
OP
W

walleye

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That drama was 2 sided! Favre(crybaby) could have played that out different instead stabbing upper managment with critisizing remarks.
what ever it takes 2 to TANGLE!!!

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score

walleye said:
That drama was 2 sided! Favre(crybaby) could have played that out different instead stabbing upper managment with critisizing remarks.
what ever it takes 2 to TANGLE!!!

When did Favre's remarks come out though? I still don't feel we know the whole story. All I know is, Green Bay was in a bad position. They have to see what they have in rogers this year, or its a wasted first rounder, they can't let Favre go because it hurts the Packer tradition. It was a tough decision, but I believe we have not nor will we ever find out what management was doing, I blame them for handling the situation so poorly. That doesn't excuse Brett's remarks mind you, but I think after being lied too so many times, there comes a point when a player who has a passion for and wants to play the game just has to say Cya.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

TT should have just given Brett his release? :eek: That would make the Packers like the Jets. ;) You don't just release a player who has any value. THAT would be foolish. Yes Chad Pennington isn't as good as Brett but Chad still had some value. But the Jets just released him (there is a chance that the Jets couldn't make a deal...) and now Chad is playing for a divisional rival that almost came back to haunt them!

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pugger said:
TT should have just given Brett his release? :eek: That would make the Packers like the Jets. ;) You don't just release a player who has any value. THAT would be foolish. Yes Chad Pennington isn't as good as Brett but Chad still had some value. But the Jets just released him (there is a chance that the Jets couldn't make a deal...) and now Chad is playing for a divisional rival that almost came back to haunt them!

So what's your point? Brett gave a lot to this franchise. I think in the grand scheme of things that no draft pick will ever amount to what Green Bay lost here. The bottom line is if they were indeed so set on Rogers, why did they let the Favre-straction go on for so long? I'm sorry I don't buy it. Yes, I'm a fan of Favre's, but I'm a Green Bay fan too, and frankly I'm not happy with how this all went down. It wasn't handled professionally if you ask me. That of course is My own opinion.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Off topic. I'm going to split this thread. And throw the last few into the Favre thread.

Is this going to go on all year with the Favre thing? I liked him too, but enough already.

Also, its RODGERS not ROGERS.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The tampering charges against the Vikings were legitimate concerns of the Packers. They werent cleared; the league just couldn't find conclusive evidence of the content of the conversations between Favre, Bevel and Childress. There were no recordings or written communications and none of the parties involved was willing to 'fess up to what they were really talking about with each other.
So why else was Favre pushing to get his release to jump to Minnesota? Something was rotten in Denmark.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packerlifer said:
The tampering charges against the Vikings were legitimate concerns of the Packers. They werent cleared; the league just couldn't find conclusive evidence of the content of the conversations between Favre, Bevel and Childress. There were no recordings or written communications and none of the parties involved was willing to 'fess up to what they were really talking about with each other.
So why else was Favre pushing to get his release to jump to Minnesota? Something was rotten in Denmark.

Sure are a lot of homers here willing to believe anything the team says. Favre spent 16 seasons showing everyone how genuine he & Deanna were. Now after a few months the majority of Packer fans have done a 180. What good does Ari Fleischer provide this team on Sundays in the Fall? Nicely spun, TT.

starr15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BRETT FAVRE WAS ASKING FOR IT
the packers had asked brett favre if he wanted to come back 6 TIMES, if that doesnt **** them off enpughj, brett favre wants to come bacl in JULY i think which ever is first (july or june) and farve wants to come back, when brett favre has the packers team pissed off so much, he wants to start over rodgers when crushing all hope for rodgers, the packers say no and favre's "smartness" had him traded to the jets where he's "so glad" to be on the jets hes not even smiling at his interviews! I AM SO GLAD IM NOTYA FAVRE FAN ANYMORE,HE SUCKS

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts