Studs vs Duds:Purple man Down Edition

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs

Arron Rodgers okay day. Only 1 real bad play.

James Starks. He got a Running TD and was overall effective.

James Jones a good catch for a TD.

Randall Cobb nuff said.

Finley he caught everything today.

Sorta Dud Sorta Stud Mason Crosby missed few FG but redeemed himself later in the game.

DUDS

Duds OL was bad.

Wierd playcalling that flea flicker WTH was that.

Finley after catch celebrations. Act like you caught passes before.
How do you mention 5 "studs", and none of them are the guy for us who had both turnovers, including an interception in the end zone????
MORGAN BURNETT is your #1 Star today hands-down.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs

Arron Rodgers okay day. Only 1 real bad play.

James Starks. He got a Running TD and was overall effective.

James Jones a good catch for a TD.

Randall Cobb nuff said.

Finley he caught everything today.

Sorta Dud Sorta Stud Mason Crosby missed few FG but redeemed himself later in the game.

DUDS

Duds OL was bad.

Wierd playcalling that flea flicker WTH was that.

Finley after catch celebrations. Act like you caught passes before.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
STUDS -Special teams for not giving up a big play again..
DUDS -the classless Vqueen for a pathetic Queen leap attempt..
DUDS- those end zone Packer fans who did not kick that Queens *** out of the stands,it was like when TO dis the Dallas star, but he got his butt laid out..

H

HardRightEdge

These "dud" DBs you guys are talking about gave up 119 passing yards and a 42 passer rating and completely shut down the WRs, without that much of a pass rush going. Sheesh.

Burnett's first pick was a gift, a Ponder brain fart. The second pick was a big time play.

Our running game was stud-like. Once again, it worked best when they alternate Starks and Green for fresh legs and change of pace. Enough of this "hot hand" nonsense.

Tip of the hat to Barclay...nice job for a guy taking his first NFL snaps...pretty decent run blocking. We might have a LG/RT controversy going on now, assuming Lang's injury does not keep him out.

Stud: Rodgers for drawing MIN offsides about a 1/2 dozen times.

Stud: The entire offense for that 11 minute 4th. quarter drive, up to the red zone mess anyway. Take note...that drive was heavy on runs and short passes with 3 in a row attacking the middle of the field (my gosh!). A little more West Coast and a little less home run swinging gives this offense better rhythm.

Duds: With the exception of Finley (and Cobb on the 30 yarder), our receivers tend to quit after their route is executed. D*amn, a WR on this team should know he can make a lot of money rerouting after Rodgers breaks the pocket. How many times do we have to see Rodgers break out and ask, "where is everybody?" Nobody comes back for the ball. It's time for Bennett to get on these guys a*ses again, like he had to do after week 3 for playing wimpy against SEA.

H

HardRightEdge

STUDS -Special teams for not giving up a big play again..
DUDS -the classless Vqueen for a pathetic Queen leap attempt..
DUDS- those end zone Packer fans who did not kick that Queens *** out of the stands,it was like when TO dis the Dallas star, but he got his butt laid out..

Yes...our kick coverage guys have been doing a heck of a job these past 2 seasons. That New England OT lumbering back a kickoff 60 yards in 2010 was a major wake-up call. There are about a 1/2 dozen guys on this team who would not be here except for their special team skills, and that's a double edge sword I gladly see being wielded.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say Christian Ponder was our most valuable player in this game. Still with all the injuries we had it was a decent effort - not playoff caliber, but good enough for today to add another W.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barclay really impressed me when he came in. Rest of the O-line had WAY too many penalties and against top teams they're going to capitalize against that. Dbacks played awesome and Morgan Burnett is definitely player of the game for getting those INTs. Not the prettiest game but I'll take a win in any form!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
These "dud" DBs you guys are talking about gave up 119 passing yards and a 42 passer rating and completely shut down the WRs, without that much of a pass rush going. Sheesh.

You come to realize he exaggerates some..I noticed it with how he hates on the Badgers

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I guess i will give some credit ti starks for the TD run, but some people get to hyped on him....up till his TD run he was at 14 carries for 44 yds, that 3.1 average, not good.

DUDs: Alex green, hey kid....keep your head up while running and stop running into the back of a pile, use a cut move if you have one.
Dud #2: Brad jones: Holy crap are you blind or what?
Duds#3: D line, pressure....what's that, we sure do miss CM3
Dud#4: MM, your play calling has sucked balls lately
I cannot even say O line, they are to beat up and patch work, they are what they are

Vladimirr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Ponder/Burnett combo. Ponder was two for two on his passing attempts to Burnett, including one in the end zone.

Crosby getting his mojo back.

Don Barclay. Undrafted rookie, never played an NFL game, came in and hung with the big boys.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: The entire offense for that 11 minute 4th. quarter drive, up to the red zone mess anyway. Take note...that drive was heavy on runs and short passes with 3 in a row attacking the middle of the field (my gosh!). A little more West Coast and a little less home run swinging gives this offense better rhythm.

This! -Glad someone mentioned that clock-decimating drive in the fourth.

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We shut down those WRs on hardy any pass rush. This could be attested to a poor QB/WRs for Minn. but i would like to give our corners some credit.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. Sure, shutting down Minnesota's WR's is no tough task, but it's still good to see.

I am very optimistic about our defensive backfield going into the future. They are looking pretty stacked. Tramon is still Tramon, Shields is returning, but Hayward and House have looked good in his absence. Corner is no longer a position of need at all, and when Woodson returns, he should always play safety.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Packer team support of each other. Here are 2 examples...
1. Mr.Rodgers complimenting Barclay's game effort prior to the last play. One could tell from Barclay's interview that it meant the world to be recognized by his team leader.
2. Team (and fans!) thunderous applause, high-fiving and back-slapping after Crosby made the 47 yarder!

Duds: Viking fans. When some classless fool defecated on a Packer flag and left his masterpiece in a handicapped bathroom stall. Unfortunately because of one idiot, all Viking fans become lumped into the same category not just as a dud, but as classless!

Members online

Latest posts