Studs vs Duds: Barley escaped edition

L

Lunchboxer

Studs
Randall Cobb a good TD

Donald Driver finally seeing the endzone this season

ST getting a block punt for a TD would be huge.

Good Run D

Duds. Aaron Rodgers very off today.

General D was bad today.

OL was having issues.

Mason Crosby missing a easy FG.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Studs
Randall Cobb a good TD

Good Run D

General D was bad today.

OL was having issues.

I'd have to agree with everything here. I'm not sure i'd call Rodgers a dud though. only mark on him was his fumble, which may have not "technically" been a fumble considering the tuck rule.

12theTruth

Studs Brad Jones, CB's did a pretty decent job, Davon House-- sweet blocked punt, Cobb, Driver

Duds RB's, Offensive Line, No pressure without blitz means defensive line is sucking the big one today, A-Rod had a negative performance, Mike McCarthy's playcalling, Mason Crosby-- three dud's in a row. Woodson's replacements struggled today.

A mega turkey dud for Mason. Hope he gets his head out of his butt.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Jerdroppal Paddlehands? His virus is starting to spread as 84 dropped a perfect pass as well....

bravesman18

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For duds, I would add whoever's decision it is to have Alex Green as the primary runner( McCarthy right?) instead of James Starks.Unless it's been determined that he isn't healthy enough for that duty, it just seems like theres so many times where Green utterly falls short, literally(tripping over people easily).

Also, that fake/punt/audible/ pass play seemed like it was just a really poor idea. I get a fake, or just going for it outright, but shifting to an apparent passing formation with your punter behind center? I could be wrong, it may have been a good call and just poorly executed by the players, but it certainly looked bad.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs
Randall Cobb a good TD

Good Run D

General D was bad today.

OL was having issues.

I would like to add the special teams coach to studs/and the packer running back to duds.

12theTruth

I would like to add the special teams coach to studs/and the packer running back to duds.

Absolutely. I have given that guy lots of flack. He deservers a lot of credit for the special teams good play. Wonder if that was McCarthy or Slocum who influenced that questionable fake field goal from 38. That was a black mark but still a winning special teams performance.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everybody can blame the Packers running backs. Sure Benson was doing nice earlier this year with these same linemen. But still, I just didn't see any holes to run through. Green is a guy who if given enough open holes, will bust one too. When you get hit in the backfield and dropped, that's more of the linemens fault then the runner. I don't know. I'm not saying Green played good today, but I don't think he deserves the bulk of the blame.

He also has done a good job of holding on to the ball. Something the Jaguars couldn't say when Jennings fumbled in the red zone.

12theTruth

For duds, I would add whoever's decision it is to have Alex Green as the primary runner( McCarthy right?) instead of James Starks.Unless it's been determined that he isn't healthy enough for that duty, it just seems like theres so many times where Green utterly falls short, literally(tripping over people easily).

Also, that fake/punt/audible/ pass play seemed like it was just a really poor idea. I get a fake, or just going for it outright, but shifting to an apparent passing formation with your punter behind center? I could be wrong, it may have been a good call and just poorly executed by the players, but it certainly looked bad.

The only thing that I can figure is that Green must have better ball security and probably the better 3rd down back. Starks looked good in his limited touches out there today. Green will fall sidways or backwards each time a defender hits him on outside runs.

Starks simply needs more touches. The Alex Green show isn't a winner.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Driver
Cobb
Matthews

Duds:
Bulaga
Sitton
Saturday
Lang
Newhouse
These guys are the softest run blockers I have ever seen time and time again in the NFL. They never get holes open, and they never get one of them to the second level to block LBs.... LBs always are to the LOS right away.

Other Duds:
Crosby (I can't stand this guy anymore.... I want him replaced by next year or before). He's unclutch.
DJ Williams. Easy big drop. 0-2 Rodgers was throwing to him.
TE's.... Rodgers was 2-9 throwing to Finley, Crabtree, DJ. That's pitiful.
Alex Green. I know there were never holes where they are supposed to be, but have the guts to cut back and look for lanes elswhere.... and on 3rd & 1, don't tackle yourself please. That's almost a turnover.
Starks... another simple easy dropped pass.

12theTruth

Studs:
Driver
Cobb
Matthews

Duds:
Bulaga
Sitton
Saturday
Lang
Newhouse
These guys are the softest run blockers I have ever seen time and time again in the NFL. They never get holes open, and they never get one of them to the second level to block LBs.... LBs always are to the LOS right away.

Other Duds:
Crosby (I can't stand this guy anymore.... I want him replaced by next year or before). He's unclutch.
DJ Williams. Easy big drop. 0-2 Rodgers was throwing to him.
TE's.... Rodgers was 2-9 throwing to Finley, Crabtree, DJ. That's pitiful.
Alex Green. I know there were never holes where they are supposed to be, but have the guts to cut back and look for lanes elswhere.... and on 3rd & 1, don't tackle yourself please. That's almost a turnover.
Starks... another simple easy dropped pass.

The Pack did get a good 5 yard run at some point in the 2nd half. Of course they had to have a 6th offensive lineman in there to accomplish the feat. :(

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
The only thing that I can figure is that Green must have better ball security and probably the better 3rd down back. Starks looked good in his limited touches out there today. Green will fall sidways or backwards each time a defender hits him on outside runs.

Starks simply needs more touches. The Alex Green show isn't a winner.
Agree, never saw a guy run into a pile where there is nothing and not try a little east to west running...

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We couldn't run the ball against a team that was surrending 150 yards per game rushing. We definitely need Benson.
Crosby is a choker!!
Playcalling and Rodgers. Throwing the ball deep into coverage and two fumbles. WTF
Allowing 300 yards passing to Blaine Gabbart.

plusses have already been listed i.e Driver, Cobb, House, and Matthews.

Green and Yellow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Cobb, Matthews

Duds: The defense looked like last year's last ranked defense, in big part to the pass rush taking a hit with Perry out, not to mention Shields/Woodson.

WRs having trouble getting open

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I like alex green, but he just isnt an every down back to me. If we can get benson back for the playoffs it will be huge.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Masthay seemed to be a dud today, he had a bad pass and a bad punt.

MM probably isn't a happy camper, happy we won but thats it.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The biggest improvement we can make to this team is a new OL coach. It has been the same for a few years, and you can't argue that there isn't talent there.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me its:
Studs:
Packers
Duds:
Jags

Our team hung in there, never gave up and found a way to pull off the win.
The Jags got close but didn't manage to pull it off.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we make the playoffs we will run against. A team who can play defense and get beat because we cannot run the darn ball. If Rodgers has a weaknesss its the fact he doesnt have the luxury of having a guy he can hand the ball off to to either milk the clock, or keep us out of long downs and distances. Hes forced to try and win the game by himself and as good as he is teams have found a way to slow down our offense. Defense hasnt shown they are good enough to take over a game...if we played someone good we loose todays game period.

Green and Yellow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we make the playoffs we will run against. A team who can play defense and get beat because we cannot run the darn ball. If Rodgers has a weaknesss its the fact he doesnt have the luxury of having a guy he can hand the ball off to to either milk the clock, or keep us out of long downs and distances. Hes forced to try and win the game by himself and as good as he is teams have found a way to slow down our offense. Defense hasnt shown they are good enough to take over a game...if we played someone good we loose todays game period.

I'm not too discouraged after this game. We blew out the Texans a few weeks ago. Yes, they had no Cushing, but let's be fair, we had no Jennings on offense. I think we can make a deep playoff run if we can just get in. Sure, the offense struggled today, but keep in mind, our two best receivers were out and Jacksonville has a defense that can give any offense trouble. I have confidence in our defense when its mostly healthy, which wasn't the case today.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Davon House, Brad Jones (after looking like a stick last week, he was much better yesterday).

Duds:
Mason Crosby. Get a new kicker, jesus this guy is a choker.
The OL. Mediocre at pass blocking, awful at run bloking.
Alex Green. Sorry, he's had 3 chances to prove himself now and whiffed on all 3.
The Pass Rush. Did Gabbert get pressured at all, especially in the 2nd half?

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Studs
Randall Cobb a good TD

Good Run D

General D was bad today.

OL was having issues.

I agree...BUT....Driver caught a TD pass before this one, this was not his first. Still, It was a bad *** catch. One of the first couple games, DD caught a laser ball from Arod over the middle for about 15-20 yds.

Members online

Latest posts