Studs vs Duds: Bag full of Cobb Edition

12theTruth

Studs Rodgers, Jordy, Cobb, Walden, Claymaker, AJ (earning his contract this season), Hayward,

Duds Crosby ( time to punt when fg > 50 yards , O-line run blocking, Alex Green, Tramon (going through the motions)

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs Rodgers, Jordy, Cobb, Walden, Claymaker, AJ (earning his contract this season), Hayward,

Duds Crosby ( time to punt when fg > 50 yards , O-line run blocking, Alex Green, Tramon (going through the motions)
I got the same impression as well. There was something that just seemed disinterested compared to last week or a number of other games this year. I guess as long as he shows up against Fitzgerald and Megatron and Harvin, I can live with him phoning it in against the rams.

H

HardRightEdge

Definitely.
He used to have the leg to kick it 60 in a dome without question.
Now he's awful out there..... he's gone downhill.
If he doesn't turn it around, we will have a new kicker next season.
50 yards, in a dome, should be a chip shot on a good snap & hold. Every kicker has the leg to kick it 55 in a dome.
Akers is old, let go by Philly after the 2010 Wildcard gift to us, and he kicked the 63-yarder vs us in Green Bay week one with the Niners.
Crosby has some problem......

Jeez. Crosby over his career prior this season was 12 out of 24 from over 50 yards. Not thrilling, better than most. He's 1-3 this season...he makes his next one and he matches his career average.

A couple of shanks is not statistically meaningful.

If you hate him now you should have hated him before, particularly in 2010 when he was near last, if not dead last, in touchback % on KOs (before they moved the kick up 5 yards).

I'm no particular fan of Crosby, but he's been consistently reliable inside the 45, and that's not easy to replace.

Akers may have kicked a 63 yarder, but he's 13 of 18 this season, nothing to write home about. He's 1-3 over 50, and 5 of 8 from 40 - 49. Be careful what you wish for.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Finnegan should have been kicked out of the game for the head shot to Nelson. Dirtiest player in the game.
I think it was a high tackle, it was even a bad timed tackle, but I hardly think he deserved to be ejected from the game, or Moses could have joined him with the late hit.....IMHO

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Don't you remember though when people also wanted to trade Jones and also said he dropped everything? Why can't this happen to Finley also?
Fair point, but I dont recall Jones shooting his mouth off with stupid comments. It may be lost in the English/American interpretation, but what I meant was he hasn`t helped himself. Just my feeling on him. sorry

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I'm not sure what's going on with Crosby. I was at the fake and he spent all of halftime on the field trying from different lengths. He made every single one!! 30-60 yards, didn't matter. Right down the middle. Nerves?

It's different kicking when there is no Oline to kick over and no defenders tring to block it. Not as much noise either. A lot of factors that make kicking different in a practice situation vs a game time moment. Any kick 50+ is going to be difficult in my opinion.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of stud I believe Casey Hayward could be in the running for defensive ROY
I think they (EastCoastBias) have already given that award to Chandler Jones of NE.
Bruce Irvin made a statement against us on that primetime Monday Nighter.

Casey needs a primetime Pick-6 to get his name up there.... would be perfect in NY against Eli on Nov 25th.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Aaron Rodgers has got his swag back, and i heard another comment that he is the most accurate qb you will ever see.

Casey Heyward. Was kinda iffy on his ball skills but not anymore, dude will be starting next year mark my words.

Clay Matthews. Plays ******* every play. Another sack

Wr's. They caught the ball and made some important 1st downs.

Duds: Mason Crosby with another knuckle ball kick.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't watched the game yet.
Why? Were the refs the duds yet again?
Finnegan tried to rip Nelson's head off on a tackle, then was complaining about the unsportsmanlike penalty. By his peers, he's ranked as one of the dirtiest players in the game year after year. He'll have to paralyze someone before anything is done about it, apparently.

IamAthimble

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finnegan is too much of a weakling to seriously injure anyone. Nelson would steamroll him if he wanted to, so would any receiver on the team. Finnegan is a chump. I was happy when Johnson unloaded on him during that game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it was a high tackle, it was even a bad timed tackle, but I hardly think he deserved to be ejected from the game, or Moses could have joined him with the late hit.....IMHO

Well said

Jordy has even said before the game that Finn doesnt play dirty

Reaction score
Fair point, but I dont recall Jones shooting his mouth off with stupid comments. It may be lost in the English/American interpretation, but what I meant was he hasn`t helped himself. Just my feeling on him. sorry
Even Jones had a couple "controversial" comments.. I don't think Finley means any harm, I just think his lack of judgement/ lack of English skills causes issues haha

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Did any of the Crosby haters even bother to watch the replay to see if the ball was tipped? Just sayin...

Nope it wasnt tipped

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/crosby-miss-doesnt-cost-packers-n27a1l3-175180761.html

At the end of the first half of a 30-20 victory over the St. Louis Rams Sunday, Mason Crosby attempted a 58-yard field that would have tied his career long. Like the 52- and 51-yarders that he missed against Indianapolis, it had no chance.

And like the 51-yarder that would have sent the Colts game into overtime, it sailed like a line drive and ended up nowhere close to the uprights.

"Just timing was off on that long one," Crosby said. "I've been hitting the ball well. Sometimes, that's just the way it goes. We'll work through it. Some of these long ones just aren't falling. With a 58-yarder, you have to hit it pretty much just right.
"I might have gotten a little quick and it just came off a little bit low and to the right. It just kind of jumped right. When I hit it, I knew I didn't match it great. I think I got a little ahead of it. With the timing, everything has to be right. Unfortunately, it wasn't right."

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Crosby came out to try to win a game with a FG i wouldn't have any faith he could make it at this stage....sorry.

L

Lunchboxer

it wasnt short it was WAYYY off to the right and wobbled...

Same thing in Indy....

Something is not right with him

Maybe the ball got sorta blocked? Maybe someone got a fingertip on it so it changed the trajectory of the ball?

Members online

Latest posts