Studs vs Duds: Bag full of Cobb Edition

L

Lunchboxer

Studs

Randall Cobb He has all sorts of tricks and what not up his sleve. He can do RB,WR,Return guy. 2TDs

Aaron Rodgers Another fine day. 3TD for 342 Yards and no INT.

Jordy Nelson 8 Rec for 122 Yards and 1 TD

James Jones a couple of good catches when we needed them.

John Kuhn Beast as always

Casey Hayward Another INT and other good plays.

Clay Mathews Another Sack for the Collum,

Finley (Shocker) He dident drop a pass today.

Duds OL was dudish for the most part today.

Moses making a butthead Personal Fowl right after Clays sack. Snaped a 3rd and long.

H

HardRightEdge

Good showing.

We need to find a 1st. / 2nd. down back. No Starks in garbage time...not a good sign.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davon House on the field.

No major injuries I know of.

Finley caught two passes and no drops for even his haters. ;)

Brad Jones was a stick figure out there. We desparately need an inside backer.

A number of missed tackles.

Crosby could you make it seem like you are serious on an albeit long field goal?

bravesman18

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs

Randall Cobb He has all sorts of tricks and what not up his sleve. He can do RB,WR,Return guy. 2TDs

Aaron Rodgers Another fine day. 3TD for 342 Yards and no INT.

Jordy Nelson 8 Rec for 122 Yards and 1 TD

James Jones a couple of good catches when we needed them.

John Kuhn Beast as always

Casey Hayward Another INT and other good plays.

Clay Mathews Another Sack for the Collum,

Finley (Shocker) He dident drop a pass today.

Duds OL was dudish for the most part today.

Moses making a butthead Personal Fowl right after Clays sack. Snaped a 3rd and long.
I agree with most of this, but I wouldn't say the O-Line was a dud, seemed fine in pass protection, run blocking was closer to a dud, but I felt like that was strongly tied to Alex Green leaving quite a few yards on the field when the blocking was actually sufficient. I also won't give a guy (Finley) stud credit for simply not being bad. Bolded part of the quote....
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Davon House on the field.

No major injuries I know of.

Finley caught two passes and no drops for even his haters. ;)

Brad Jones was a stick figure out there. We desparately need an inside backer.

A number of missed tackles.
I`m not trying to be confrontational here bud, but Finley haters ?? He`s not exactly done too much lately to get him voted player of the year...lol Just an observation

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I feel like the special teams as a unit played really well today. Other than Crosby's 58 yard miss which was laughable, they seem to be executing everything. The onside was a great call. Jarrett Bush may never be anything but a sub-par corner, but as far as special teams goes he's a star.

H

HardRightEdge

I agree with most of this, but I wouldn't say the O-Line was a dud, seemed fine in pass protection, run blocking was closer to a dud, but I felt like that was strongly tied to Alex Green leaving quite a few yards on the field when the blocking was actually sufficient. I also won't give a guy (Finley) stud credit for simply not being bad. Bolded part of the quote....
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Green runs high, and runs soft.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I`m not trying to be confrontational here bud, but Finley haters ?? He`s not exactly done too much lately to get him voted player of the year...lol Just an observation

You need to visit this forum a bit more to get the proper flavor on Finley. People want him to catch the ball when it's still in his zip code. :rolleyes:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds

I agree with that even though it was debatable.
That play pissed me off big time because here's the thing: It was 3rd & 20 at the Rams 10, and Bradford just gave up and settled for the short 5-yard dumpoff to Jackson.

I love Moses, but the brutha has to realize the situation there. Simply tackle the guy, and they punt to us and we take over near midfield. It's gonna be a 3 & out and give us good field position. You don't have to go for the kill shot on the guy just catching it and turning around.

Now Louis Delmas takes those free shots and he dives into their knees to try and break legs or tear ACLs. Somehow those aren't considered penalties which is stupid of the NFL.

In any event, not smart by Moses.

The other dud is MASON CROSBY.
I can't stand that guy anymore. He's the opposite of clutch, and his long ones lately are just atrocious. They look like attempts from high school soccer players.

It was nice to see such a huge day from Rodgers, and Jermike Finley was not a focus.

L

Lunchboxer

I agree with that even though it was debatable.
That play pissed me off big time because here's the thing: It was 3rd & 20 at the Rams 10, and Bradford just gave up and settled for the short 5-yard dumpoff to Jackson.

I love Moses, but the brutha has to realize the situation there. Simply tackle the guy, and they punt to us and we take over near midfield. It's gonna be a 3 & out and give us good field position. You don't have to go for the kill shot on the guy just catching it and turning around.

Now Louis Delmas takes those free shots and he dives into their knees to try and break legs or tear ACLs. Somehow those aren't considered penalties which is stupid of the NFL.

In any event, not smart by Moses.

The other dud is MASON CROSBY.
I can't stand that guy anymore. He's the opposite of clutch, and his long ones lately are just atrocious. They look like attempts from high school soccer players.

It was nice to see such a huge day from Rodgers, and Jermike Finley was not a focus.

But Crosby was trying for a 58 yard attempt. Thats pretty far even inside a dome.

lol_wut

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The OL was terrible in regards to opening up lanes. Someone said it was "sufficient"? No, it was terrible and there were no lanes to run through.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finnegan should have been kicked out of the game for the head shot to Nelson. Dirtiest player in the game.

Reaction score
Don't you remember though when people also wanted to trade Jones and also said he dropped everything? Why can't this happen to Finley also?

WhiteHouseOn3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure what's going on with Crosby. I was at the fake and he spent all of halftime on the field trying from different lengths. He made every single one!! 30-60 yards, didn't matter. Right down the middle. Nerves?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The OL was terrible in regards to opening up lanes. Someone said it was "sufficient"? No, it was terrible and there were no lanes to run through.
That's true, but that's normal for these guys.
This was another one I replayed on DVR over & over to show to my son and my mom today.... our OL would double-team a DE, and another DL, all at the LOS, then there'd be nobody to block the LBs and the DBs coming up..... Green would get the ball and run.... and there'd be guys in the so-called hole by the time he had a chance to get to the LOS.
These OL must not be taught to get to the second level... they never get to a LB downfield.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure what's going on with Crosby. I was at the fake and he spent all of halftime on the field trying from different lengths. He made every single one!! 30-60 yards, didn't matter. Right down the middle. Nerves?

Im not sure, The last few 40+ yd shots he has taken seem to knuckle real hard and just flutter off into nothing. Trying to kick it too hard?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something is not right with him
Definitely.
He used to have the leg to kick it 60 in a dome without question.
Now he's awful out there..... he's gone downhill.
If he doesn't turn it around, we will have a new kicker next season.
50 yards, in a dome, should be a chip shot on a good snap & hold. Every kicker has the leg to kick it 55 in a dome.
Akers is old, let go by Philly after the 2010 Wildcard gift to us, and he kicked the 63-yarder vs us in Green Bay week one with the Niners.
Crosby has some problem......

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finnegan is great at his craft. Plays hard and gets in players head. Very few players are that good at that.

Finley a stud bc he didnt drop the ball? Is that where we are? Might want to raise your standards.

bravesman18

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This sounds like it's addressing what I said... I'll clarify: I didn't mean that the run blocking was sufficient today; I meant that there were -some- plays that it was sufficient, and it was on those specific plays that the result was minimal (0, or 1 yrd gain, instead of 3+) due to Green's ability, mainly his lack of power/drive forward. He tends to go down easily, either by somewhat weak tackles or even by tripping over/bumping O-linemen. Again, just wanted to specify that I wasn't trying to claim that the run blocking was fine today, just trying to give a more complete view, that Green had a hand in the lack of success.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts