Studs vs Duds: 2nd Half Collapse Edition

L

Lunchboxer

Studs.... Randall Cobb he did some good stuff today.

James Jones good TD catches.

Alex Green made few good runs.

Duds Everyone else.

Simple today.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They played the 2nd half as if they expected to lose. Puts them in a tough spot next Sunday night at Houston. Can they avoid 2-4?

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Duds Everyone else.

Simple today.

While he made 1 decent and 1 good run it does not make up for his "run into the back of the first o lineman I can find" approach to the rest of the game. After benson went down we knew we couldnt run the ball and went into 1 dimension mode. The oline thus got torched and we all know the end score.

On a tangent me and a friend were keeping track. Luck could have thrown 7 INT in this game had they been held on to. 2 were iffy so lets call it 5. Where are the ball hawking opportunistic qualities we had last year???

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2-3 heading down to Houston.

Rodgers gets time on 2nd & 5.... he takes time and takes a sack, 3rd & 12 now.
Then he doesn't get any time because they now know they have to pass, sack again.

Also on that 2-pt conversion attempt we had where he rolled right..... Alex Green blocked then went to the end zone as a receiver..... Rodgers fixated his eyes on our receiver who was double covered, and forced it to him, so we stayed up 5 instead of 7. Alex was uncovered for a simple short pass for a 2-pt conversion and a 7-point lead.

Rodgers is not the same Rodgers as before. My buddy was at the game texting me all day long, said he looks like schit in person. I said he looks lost on TV too usually. Luck had more poize.

Sure we were missing Finley after qtr 1, but you all hate him anyway. There was still Jordy, Jones, Cobb, Driver. That's still 4 better than most teams.

PJack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Duds Everyone else.

Simple today.
I'll add Eric Walden to that list. Other than that spot on.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2-3 heading down to Houston.

Rodgers gets time on 2nd & 5.... he takes time and takes a sack, 3rd & 12 now.
Then he doesn't get any time because they now know they have to pass, sack again.

Also on that 2-pt conversion attempt we had where he rolled right..... Alex Green blocked then went to the end zone as a receiver..... Rodgers fixated his eyes on our receiver who was double covered, and forced it to him, so we stayed up 5 instead of 7. Alex was uncovered for a simple short pass for a 2-pt conversion and a 7-point lead.

Rodgers is not the same Rodgers as before. My buddy was at the game texting me all day long, said he looks like schit in person. I said he looks lost on TV too usually. Luck had more poize.

Sure we were missing Finley after qtr 1, but you all hate him anyway. There was still Jordy, Jones, Cobb, Driver. That's still 4 better than most teams.

I see that glazed almost bored look on his eyes a lot this year and in particular this game. Nearly every failed 3rd down in the second half he just snapped on the chin strap and skulked to the sideline to throw on his towel and wait to go look lost again. The razor sharp accuracy has been dulled down to 1 of the 5 blades, we see it every once in a while (Cobb TD) but then we see overthrows, under throws, drops, sacks holding on to the ball too long the other 80% of the time.

L

Lunchboxer

While he made 1 decent and 1 good run it does not make up for his "run into the back of the first o lineman I can find" approach to the rest of the game. After benson went down we knew we couldnt run the ball and went into 1 dimension mode. The oline thus got torched and we all know the end score.

On a tangent me and a friend were keeping track. Luck could have thrown 7 INT in this game had they been held on to. 2 were iffy so lets call it 5. Where are the ball hawking opportunistic qualities we had last year???

I had to find some postives. I had to write something for Studs.

Studs No one

Duds Everyone else?

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had to find some postives. I had to write something for Studs.

Studs No one

Duds Everyone else?

Nah James Jones had a good game and so did Cobb. Benson was on his way as well. Heres hoping benson and raji will be back soon so the next few weeks are at least competitive

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where to start. I think we all thought coming into this season we would see a better product on the field. Our offense was dynamite in 2011 and we added players on defense. Well we have an offense that has yet to score 30 points and we have a defense though better still making mistakes. This is not a Super Bowl team. Will it right itself? I really don't know. Those thinking a repeat of 2010 may be in for a disappointment. The offense drops passes, Rodgers looks more like a rookie than Luck, the OL breaks down at the most critical times. On defense we can't seem to cover guys in the secondary even though we get heavy pressure on the QB. And coaching isn't exempt. MM has made some questionable calls on offense. We are what we are right now and that isn't a very good team. And the refs though bad didn't cost us the game.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
McCarthy is my biggest dud.

Would love to see Cobb out of the backfield more than once every few games. Not sure why McCarthy doesn't try a guy who tends to run for 20 yards each time he touches the ball...

Also, Rodgers. His receivers are often open. But he looks too hesitant to throw anything other than a sure thing. He seems content to just take the sack rather than risk his stats.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Extremely disheartening second half effort all the way around. Either the injuries had a bigger impact than I think they should or this is simply not a very good football team right now. The next two weeks look very threatening. Will we have 5 losses before the bye?? Lots of questions, hope the staff has answers or I'm calling a meeting!!!

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: The entire secondary. Especially Tramon. They can all stay in Indianapolis, watching them makes me sick.
Rodgers for taking WAY too long to decide something and never throwing it away to avoid a sack but shouldn't have to put up 35 points a game to squeak out a win.

BrettsFavor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dudd #1. Rodgers
Dudd #2. Jeff Saturday
Dudd #3. Sam Shields

Key problems with the game today were from these players'mistakes.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wont make excuses for these guy's they suck...this teams looks like they will go 6-10. To have the second half collaspe we had just shows the lack of focus they have. No heart,pride, or toughness on the dline or oline they all suck. Defense is fraudulent. I see 8-8 on the horizon. Bunch of bums

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I wont make excuses for these guy's they suck...this teams looks like they will go 6-10. To have the second half collaspe we had just shows the lack of focus they have. No heart,pride, or toughness on the dline or oline they all suck. Defense is fraudulent. I see 8-8 on the horizon. Bunch of bums
Agree 1'000%

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Where to start. I think we all thought coming into this season we would see a better product on the field. Our offense was dynamite in 2011 and we added players on defense. Well we have an offense that has yet to score 30 points and we have a defense though better still making mistakes. This is not a Super Bowl team. Will it right itself? I really don't know. Those thinking a repeat of 2010 may be in for a disappointment. The offense drops passes, Rodgers looks more like a rookie than Luck, the OL breaks down at the most critical times. On defense we can't seem to cover guys in the secondary even though we get heavy pressure on the QB. And coaching isn't exempt. MM has made some questionable calls on offense. We are what we are right now and that isn't a very good team. And the refs though bad didn't cost us the game.
NAH the packers F-----D us in the STOCK HOLE....

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
We could tell the replacement officials come back so we can make up more excuses.....
and another DUDD Mason (I can't make a clutch field goal) Crosby...

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Another dud: refs... the PI on Shields was crap. Should have been OPI all the way. Shields was playing the ball the whole time and probably would have had a pick if he hadn't gotten shoved. This makes 3 weeks in a row the other team scores off of a horrid call.

Members online

Latest posts