Studs n Duds Packers vs Falcons:Back on Horse Edition

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs

Flynn he made key passes to Quarless and others. When given time he was great.

Andrew Quarless. This kid finally broke out of his shell. He played great. Almost Finley like.

Johnny Jolly for recovering that Fumble. I loved the Crowd Chanting Jolly. That was awesome.

Lacy. Another reason why he is a beast. Hes a bull in a china shop.

Nelson money as always.

Crosby perfect on the day. Hes back from his slump.

Duds

O-Line. Almost no protection.

Cant think of any other Duds there were big and noticed.

P.S 100th POST!!!

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs Hawk, Crosby, Quarless, Mastay, Jolly
Dud No one comes to mind

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs Hawk, Crosby, Quarless, Mastay, Jolly, Lacy
Dud No one comes to mind

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Bush
Jolly
Crosby
Flynn
Lacy

Duds:
did Raji play?
Brad Jones is garbage why was he bought back again? And for how much?
oline is terrible ill tell ya.
Safties...they stink to
MM not using his timeouts then getting Lacy hurt calling a draw instead of kneeling
capers being stuck iN 1995

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds:
MM not using his timeouts then getting Lacy hurt calling a draw instead of kneeling
Here's my addition to Mike being a dud:

Season on the line.
Packers have just one more chance to score or end the game by getting first downs.
And what does he do for all three downs?
Running plays only!!!!
3rd and 9 and not a pass?
What a dummy! (I was cursing up a storm at him.)
The defense is catching on to the run and he doesn't even want to try for first downs to dominate possession?
Mike had better give Bush a very, very generous Christmas present because Bush with that game saving interception might have saved Mike's job as a play caller.
(Which I'm beginning to agree with others that he shouldn't be doing anymore. That is, if those last plays were all on him.)

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Season on the line.
Packers have just one more chance to score or end the game by getting first downs.
Running plays only!!!!

The defense is catching on to the run and he doesn't even want to try for first downs to dominate possession?
Mike had better give Bush a very, very generous Christmas present because Bush with that game saving interception might have saved Mike's job as a play caller.
(Which I'm beginning to agree with others that he shouldn't be doing anymore. That is, if those last plays were all on him.)

If the pass fell incomplete the clock would have stopped, or worse it could have been intercepted.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the pass fell incomplete the clock would have stopped, or worse it could have been intercepted.
I bet Mike stops at all the green lights just to be safe.

And it doesn't have to be a 35 or more yards big pass play. Just a nice short screen.
Really. It's a freakin miracle that we won.
I'm on the phone to the pope to have this team declared for sainthood.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Season on the line.
Running plays only!!!!
I was afraid he was going to pass.
And you know when you pass 3 things can happen and 2 of them are bad.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

40 seconds is a LONG time to give the other team on a final drive. Three straight runs was absolutely the right call, no question.

H

HardRightEdge

When the opponent is on the goal line and your man is Tony Gonzalez, you probably shouldn't let him go free. I could be wrong, but it seems Gonzalez has something of a track record in catching TDs in those situations.

Burnett can't seen to get through a game without making a couple of bad decisions.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
studs ...everyone backin' the Pack... duds... well you know who you are! :sneaky:

*love the title! :D

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: Pepper and his staff- for getting EDS healthy enough to strap em up thus allowing Newhouse to be inactive.

Reaction score
Jarrett Bush as a stud!!
I came here to add him to the list.. The man comes through in some clutch situations (aka Super Bowl)

Without Masthay's amazing punt, we would have probably lost on a game losing field goal... Punting to the 1 yard line?? Really? Truly amazing!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: Masthay for that amazing punt that DIED on the one yard line all by itself.
Dud: Bush and House for still flying into the ball and popping it, allowing an extra 7 or 8 yards and getting Atlanta our of the shadows of their own end zone.

Lotta other studs.

But throw the ball to Jordy more please.
Four catches... he should have 10 thrown his way every game.

Surprise stud: Andrew Quarless.
Also stud: Jeremy Ross. I think I was the only one maybe who wanted to keep the guy. Because he was talented. Which was hard to see here behind Shawn Slocum's terrible units. I know the fumbles were his fault.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
If Jolly is a stud for recovering the fumble, Mike Neal has to be one for doing the hard part: Causing it. Glad to see Jarrett Bush get some positive attention - he had a couple of good plays.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: Masthay for that amazing punt that DIED on the one yard line all by itself.
Dud: Bush and House for still flying into the ball and popping it, allowing an extra 7 or 8 yards and getting Atlanta our of the shadows of their own end zone.

I'm pretty sure Bush's last minute INT absolves him. That's pretty weak reasoning for declaring someone a dud.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also stud: Jeremy Ross. I think I was the only one maybe who wanted to keep the guy. Because he was talented. Which was hard to see here behind Shawn Slocum's terrible units. I know the fumbles were his fault.

Yes, you questioned cutting Ross. I didn't comment much on it because I was pretty much on the fence over it. But keep it humble because you did miss the call on Crosby :p

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Neither Bush nor House touched the punt. It was actually a good play by both to avoid it. If either touched it while part of their bodies were in the EZ it would have been a touchback. The Falcon picked it up and ran it to the 9 yard line.

Members online

Latest posts