Studs n Duds Packers vs Cowboys:The Tale of the Two Football Games

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not even in the same ballpark. I think the coaching by Dallas is some of the worst I have seen since the Rich Kotite in NY- wait, forgot about Spurrier. If Dallas runs the ball 3 or 4 more times in the first half, takes extra 2 mins off the clock, they win. It should have been real easy, no matter how good the Packers started playing.

In my eyes - the Packers came back in the 2nd doing about the same thing as the first from a coaching standpoint, just that the players were suddenly playing with some passion out there.

And why would that be?? As I said elsewhere, the tears that MM was holding back after the game should have been tears of anger. They didn't show up for the entire game on Thanksgiving, 1/2 the game against Minnesota and Atlanta. Seems to be a pattern here to me that good coaching wouldn't allow.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The speculation on NFL radio this morning is that Romo was checking out of runs. Guys said that Garrett was looking angrier and angrier on the sideline as the game went on, I didn't notice it myself. Even if true it still is Garretts responsibility. If the QB isn't doing what you ask him to - pull him for a series and have a talk with him.

I heard that too today. His last interception thrown to Tramon Williams was supposedly a "Will 34 with an X Option", but the Packers overloaded the hole and Romo checked out to a pass. My thinking is, why give Romo a play that even has an option to pass?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
But Garett is the head coach. He should tell the OC to stop giving the QB plays with a pass/run option.
He was stripped of all playcalling authority and relegated to clock management and player development only. The only thing he has to do with the plays is relaying them to Romo. I'll admit, if I were him, I'd have changed it too, consequences be you know what.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
1st half duds: everyone

2nd half duds: the refs

2nd half studs:

Eddy Lacy: Pure Talent here. Just a beast, never gives up fighting for every single inch.

Matt Flynn: Seemed very confident and lead the team to this awesome comeback.

Tramon Williams: Finally he showed, why he is paid that much.

Basically the whole team. The O-Line stepped up, the Defense, especially in coverage was way improved in the second half. The Receiver catched all balls (the Nelson catch was just perfectly performed). I also like the play-calling in the second half, good balance between the run and pass.

Not to forget:

Romo: Just for being Romo.

Garrett: For passing the whole second half, although being in front by 23 points.
Why is it that the refs seem to give a game away (Seattle) while they are standing there is suspect, when that ref waved it off I said not again.. glad some one reminded him the replacements were replaced

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
was the first game thats been on tv over here featuring GB in a while, and must admit that the first half i was near cutting my wrists!!

3rd Q was the build up, 4th Q i was on the edge of my seat shouting at the tv several times despit it being about midnight

was in such a good mood at the end of the game

Matt Flynn stepped up in the second half and made some steady passes
Lacy got some goods carries again, and managed to get some yardage, the 60yd run was impressive
Quarless with another good couple of receptions
the D was ok most of the time even with the first half points given up, no 3rd down conversions up till the end of the game, and i think they grew in confidence as the game drew on and the offence started making progress

was bouncing with that last minute interception, this was a great effort and superb handling of the ball, i'm sure i must have woken up my neighbours

also in my opinion the interception that was overturned, i don;t think that the ball hitting the ground helped williams control the ball , i though he was already clearly in control of it

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
was the first game thats been on tv over here featuring GB in a while, and must admit that the first half i was near cutting my wrists!!

3rd Q was the build up, 4th Q i was on the edge of my seat shouting at the tv several times despit it being about midnight

Lacy got some goods carries again, and managed to get some yardage, the 60yd run was impressive
the D was ok most of the time even with the first half points given up, no 3rd down conversions up till the end of the game, and i think they grew in confidence as the game drew on and the offence started making progress

was bouncing with that last minute interception, this was a great effort and superb handling of the ball, i'm sure i must have woken up my neighbours

also in my opinion the interception that was overturned, i don;t think that the ball hitting the ground helped williams control the ball , i though he was already clearly in control of it

So glad you actually got to see this game! I guess it was quite the game to actually see... Unfortunately I missed this one but the highlights are so much fun to watch and re-watch. I did get to see the first quarter....and thought "well guys your going to have to win this one without me!" Glad you did your share by screaming for me! :tup:

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Glad you got to see the game. It was obviously worth staying up for past midnight. Unfortunately I live in a market that was part of the 5% of the USA that didn't get the game. The Panthers played at the same time and some NFL rule prohibits a simultaneous broadcast in the home teams market. I was limited to the bits and pieces they showed on Red Zone but, fortunately saw the last 5 minutes or so in full. I did notice the NFL network is replaying the game tonight, so I'll get a chance to see the parts I missed.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Glad you got to see the game. It was obviously worth staying up for past midnight. Unfortunately I live in a market that was part of the 5% of the USA that didn't get the game. The Panthers played at the same time and some NFL rule prohibits a simultaneous broadcast in the home teams market. I was limited to the bits and pieces they showed on Red Zone but, fortunately saw the last 5 minutes or so in full. I did notice the NFL network is replaying the game tonight, so I'll get a chance to see the parts I missed.

Start putting away $20 here and there, and before you know it, you will have enough cash saved up to get the NFL package on direct tv. That was a damn good investment for me, I love it.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Start putting away $20 here and there, and before you know it, you will have enough cash saved up to get the NFL package on direct tv. That was a damn good investment for me, I love it.

I've considered that, but with the Packers success in recent years, they're frequently on national tv, and the few times they haven't been on, I'll go to a sports bar. This year's been different and only a few of our games have been televised locally. Unfortunately, the reason I'm able to post in the middle of the day is I'm looking for work and $ are tight.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Special mention to Nelson turning what could have been an INT into a TD.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I've considered that, but with the Packers success in recent years, they're frequently on national tv, and the few times they haven't been on, I'll go to a sports bar. This year's been different and only a few of our games have been televised locally. Unfortunately, the reason I'm able to post in the middle of the day is I'm looking for work and $ are tight.

True for your personal situation then. We dont get as many games on tv down here as in WI. So in years past, I was lucky to see 4 or 5 packer games on TV each season. I don't like the sports bar scene. I like to have a few beers while watching the game and don't like the idea od drinking and driving.....so now I watch from my fan cave and drink as many beers as I want from the comfort of home and get to watch the packers.

Latest posts