Reaction score
1st Half Studs

Nobody

2nd Half Duds

Everyone
-------------------------------------
2nd Half Studs

Matty Flynn 4 TDS

Eddie Lacy Just a Monster. He is the RB of our Future.

Boykin. He has proven to be a Gem

Quarless This Kid has stepped up Several key catches for 1st Downs.\

Defence was able to get some Stops and some INTs.

Williams Finally got some INTs. When it mattered the most.
Last but not least.

Tony Romo for providing us some INTs.

2nd Half Duds.

Nobody.

Simms87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st half duds: everyone

2nd half duds: the refs

2nd half studs:

Eddy Lacy: Pure Talent here. Just a beast, never gives up fighting for every single inch.

Matt Flynn: Seemed very confident and lead the team to this awesome comeback.

Tramon Williams: Finally he showed, why he is paid that much.

Basically the whole team. The O-Line stepped up, the Defense, especially in coverage was way improved in the second half. The Receiver catched all balls (the Nelson catch was just perfectly performed). I also like the play-calling in the second half, good balance between the run and pass.

Not to forget:

Romo: Just for being Romo.

Garrett: For passing the whole second half, although being in front by 23 points.

Reaction score
1st Half Studs:
My voice calling for Caper's Job
My local voodoo expert helping me craft my Bob McGinn doll

2nd Half Studs:
My Howard Dean "Yee-hah!" victory cry.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I had to miss the game...but just watched the highlights! Wow!
So just with the highlights hard to tell who falls in what category, but I'll least say..

Studs, Crosby, Williams, Lacey and Flynn! lol

Wonderful win!! :D

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Garrett: For passing the whole second half, although being in front by 23 points.
Despite Murray getting plenty of running room. He had like 120 yards in the first half. Unbelievably bad coaching in Dallas. I would love to have been a fly on the wall in Jerry Jones' booth.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
2nd half stud of the season:Tony Romo. Garrett put him under the bus (not me) for throwing that pick on a called running play. I would take Romo as our backup for next year if he clears waivers.

Others, Lacy, Hawk, Flynn, Shields

First half didn't count. Preseason game.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please add Jason Garrett to your list of duds (for Dallas)/studs (for Green Bay). I didn't realize this until I read it, but DeMarco Murray averaged 7.6 yards/carry in the first half then was given SEVEN (7) carries in the second half.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
1st half: The Cowboy Cheer leaders

2nd Half: The entire Packer Team..can't believe these guys came back and won that game after how bad they looked in the first 2 qrtrs ..still feels surreal in a way. MM finally is showing he can make adjustments and it's paying off.

DUDS:
Capers still has to go, the defense still looks bad and theres no way in the world they should have won that game. More thanks goes to the Cowboys for not running the ball smh. Just plain old bad coaching at it's finest. They gashed us all game.

Romo. I live in Texas so i don't have to say anything bad about him...they are going to murder the guy in the media all week haha. To bad.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Despite Murray getting plenty of running room. He had like 120 yards in the first half. Unbelievably bad coaching in Dallas. I would love to have been a fly on the wall in Jerry Jones' booth.

Please see post #13

Garrett should be fired for not running Murray 15-25 times in the second half

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud:
Lattimore- for stepping up during halftime and rallying the team.

Decision to let Boyd, Datone and Daniels play over Pickett and Raji more in the 2nd half. This is the first time I have seen Capers scrap his depth chart and really mix up the personnel and it worked. The only big drive the Cowboys had in the 2nd half was when he had the original depth chart in (Pickett, Raji, Brad Jones, Jennings).

Special teams: Really nice kick offs from Crosby, great punting as always by Masthay, Goode making a tackle on a punt, Hyde with a nice return, Bush leading the way tackling. The 57 yarder crosby drilled. This excludes Ryan Taylor and his stupid scrapping after every single play that is going to cost him and the team one of these days.

Duds:
Brad Jones and MD Jennings. I don't question their effort but they just are not good. They are liabilities out there and both are easily exploited.
Raji's effort: It is hard to judge effort but his doesn't pass the eye test. Seeing Boyd doing spin moves and relentlessly fighting makes Raji look like a real dead ***.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please see post #13

Garrett should be fired for not running Murray 15-25 times in the second half
The speculation on NFL radio this morning is that Romo was checking out of runs. Guys said that Garrett was looking angrier and angrier on the sideline as the game went on, I didn't notice it myself. Even if true it still is Garretts responsibility. If the QB isn't doing what you ask him to - pull him for a series and have a talk with him.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
As already noted, the whole team in the 2nd half. That felt like a 2010 season effort, picks and all.
AJ Hawk's chin strap

Duds:
First half, refs...tramon shouldnt have stopped on that pick and run into the endzone, but its a moot point.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score

By both teams, ours in the first half; theirs in the second.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By both teams, ours in the first half; theirs in the second.
Not even in the same ballpark. I think the coaching by Dallas is some of the worst I have seen since the Rich Kotite in NY- wait, forgot about Spurrier. If Dallas runs the ball 3 or 4 more times in the first half, takes extra 2 mins off the clock, they win. It should have been real easy, no matter how good the Packers started playing.

In my eyes - the Packers came back in the 2nd doing about the same thing as the first from a coaching standpoint, just that the players were suddenly playing with some passion out there.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The speculation on NFL radio this morning is that Romo was checking out of runs. Guys said that Garrett was looking angrier and angrier on the sideline as the game went on, I didn't notice it myself. Even if true it still is Garretts responsibility. If the QB isn't doing what you ask him to - pull him for a series and have a talk with him.

Garrett said in his PC that Romo was checking out of runs..No speculation, he did it

H

HardRightEdge

The commentators made a point of saying, a couple of times, that Jerry Jones sent a message that the defense had to play more aggressively. Perhaps that spilled over to the offense, or maybe Jerry was feeling his oats and had a word with Romo as he left the locker room.

Sometimes there are unintended consequences. This is a particular risk when you stick your nose where it doesn't belong.

H

HardRightEdge

I think Quarless' play deserves special mention. He's making it easier to get over Finley's loss, while sliding TE down the list of draft needs. And like Finley, he's a sub-standard blocker...a quinella.

See...it is possible to acknowledge the good and the bad.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts