Studs & Duds: Steelers Edition

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Lacy nuff said

Duds
Mm for forgetting about lacy on first down.
And pretty much everyone else very sloppy game.
Special teams put a new meaning to "special"

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me begin.

STUDS (positive thougths LTF)
#1- Lacy
#2- Starks
#3- Hyde
#4- Hawk
#5- Neal

DUDS (hard to pick which of the top 3 should be at #1)
#1- Perry
#2- Barclay (if that false start was, in fact, on him late)
#3- Flynn
#4- Raji
#5- B Jones

Here's a stat for you.
A lot of us were wondering why Flynn never seems to throw to Jordy. Anyone who has him in fantasy football knows that Jordy fell off the face of the earth when Rodgers went down.
After Cobb, Jordy IS OUR BEST RECEIVER hands-down.

You all saw how wide open Jordy was on that final play, which would have tied it had he thrown to his top WR, who was single-covered.

Final game stats:

TARGETS:
Jarrett Boykin 13 (5 catches)
James Jones 12 (9 catches)
Jordy Nelson 5 (3 catches)

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I was going to make one. But too tired and pissed off.

Studs.

Lacy..Nuff said

Hyde hes a beast of a return man.

Boykin He has really grown into his own. Another potental Weapon for Rodgers to use when he comes back.

Duds.

Special Teams stunk badly.

Defence per usual.

MM playcalling down at the 2. SPIKE THE ****ING BALL

Flynn Some days hes great some days he Sucks.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick Perry hasn't done anything positive for us in a long time.
And there he was, had to play, today late with Clay out and Mike Neal going down.

We're about to hold them to a FG and a 34-31 deficit with 1:50 to go (and remember Micah Hyde returned the ensuing kickoff back to the Steelers 20), and Perry in-farking-ixplicibly goes offsides on the field goal! Are you kidding me?

So we give up 7 points instead, making a FG from us worthless, and we lose 15-20 more seconds.

Instead of possibly going for the thrilling, Cardiac Pack WIN after the Micah Hyde return, we needed the TD to tie it.

I've tried to learn to love Nick Perry after we drafted his out-of-position big *** last year, instead of obtaining a true OLB in Jerry Hughes as I wanted and wrote to Thompson to do.
But this guy A) is always hurt, and B) he rarely ever makes a play.... didn't even notice he was active today until Neal went out and had to be replaced.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know people will disagree, but I'll also say MM.

Yeah, the end of the game wasn't the best, but this game combined with the last two show they've figured out how to win without Rodgers.. That's tough to do. This will be a good team when Rodgers is back.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy

In the first-and-goal sequence that led to the blocked field goal, horrible call in the Packers' favor and ensuing touchdown, McCarthy only ran Lacy one time on first down. It is pretty well established that Flynn can't throw the fade. So why go into the shotgun and put the ball in Flynn's hands twice instead of running Lacy again? At that time, Lacy was averaging something obscene like 7 yards/carry.

Dsm Packaholic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the Nick Perry observation. He is no better than Mulumba. First rounders are supposed to be difference makers. He is not. You give the defense 2 impact olb's and a couple legitimate safeties and this defense would be unstoppable. Move Hyde to safety already and let Bush play the Nickel!
Studs. Lacy.

Duds: Perry
Quarless
Oline penalties
Flynn fade routes

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: Entire offense for execution in the last minute of the game. When Quarless was tackled at the Pittsburgh 5 yard line, there was still 1:02 left on the clock! There is no justifiable reason to run out of time in that situation without being able to run 4 plays. None.

NorthEast Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just an awful game all around by Matt Flynn.
The whole offense is off balance with him under center.
10 second run off….gimme a ****ing break

H

HardRightEdge

Just an awful game all around by Matt Flynn.
The whole offense is off balance with him under center.
10 second run off….gimme a ******* break
Did Flynn call the run play with no timeouts? Did he jump offsides costing us 10 seconds and 5 yards? I put him low on the list for a "Dudley Award" in that last sequence.

I think we've gotten all we could have expected out of Flynn this year, if not more, dragging him in off the street and sending him out cold. He's made mistakes, but he has no memory and no quit. "Off balance?" You mean the same guy leading these wild comebacks? 3 comebacks from 10+ down in the 4th. to lead or tie? I don't think Favre did that in his entire career, and that's not a joke.

Look to the guys who are supposed to lead this team not named Rodgers, guys who are getting paid, guys who were looked at as making this team a contender.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I forgot to add Marshall Newhouse to the DUD list for his brief appearance which was a HOLD and 10-yard penalty, which stalled a drive.

Cannot have that.

H

HardRightEdge

I agree with the Nick Perry observation. He is no better than Mulumba. First rounders are supposed to be difference makers. He is not. You give the defense 2 impact olb's and a couple legitimate safeties and this defense would be unstoppable. Move Hyde to safety already and let Bush play the Nickel!
Studs. Lacy.

Duds: Perry
Quarless
Oline penalties
Flynn fade routes

I saw one shoulder dip / lean pass rush two games back that gave me hope for Perry, that he would not be the wasted pick I'd thought he was when drafted. See, even I can be subject to thinly justified optimism! ;)

If you're not going make plays, then make a like a doctor..."First, do no harm".

H

HardRightEdge

I forgot to add Marshall Newhouse to the DUD list for his brief appearance which was a HOLD and 10-yard penalty, which stalled a drive.

Cannot have that.

Doesn't Newhouse always go without saying? He's setting some kind of record for mistakes + missed assignments + penalties per snap.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: officials, on both sides. They first totally botched the blocked field goal, then seemed to be dead-set on making sure that didn't cost the Steelers the game. The worst part about it is that now we have to hear from Steelers fans how the NFL wants them to lose and blah, blah, blah.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did Flynn call the run play with no timeouts? Did he jump offsides costing us 10 seconds and 5 yards? I put him low on the list for a "Dudley Award" in that last sequence.

I think we've gotten all we could have expected out of Flynn this year, if not more, dragging him in off the street and sending him out cold. He's made mistakes, but he has no memory and no quit. "Off balance?" You mean the same guy leading these wild comebacks? 3 comebacks from 10+ down in the 4th. to lead or tie? I don't think Favre did that in his entire career, and that's not a joke.

Look to the guys who are supposed to lead this team not named Rodgers, guys who are getting paid, guys who were looked at as making this team a contender.
110% agreed HRE.
Flynn did very well considering who he went up against.
And not just in the Squelers game.
I put the blame or the duds on any of the other Packers but Flynn.

Members online

Latest posts