13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Walden beat Webb
Harris
Capers
Woodson's prescence was noticeable
Williams and Shields played awesome.. seems I'm on a defensive theme here.

Duds:
Not a Dud but Rodgers holds the ball toooooo long. Christ I wonder if the ball has any air in it at times.

**edited part of it, longtimefan**

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack did a good job. After the first 2 Vike drives, looked like AP was going to have a huge day. Capers pulled plan B apparently out, and we stuffed Peterson the rest of the game. Or at least held him in check.

VikingsInvader

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers defense was not impressive. Wide open receivers and only winning by 2 scores with the way Webb was playing. 49ers will be a MUCH different game and I'll be rooting for them, but GB will have a hard time beating a high powered offense, not to mention a good defense.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Thank goodness that Webb isn't a very good QB. He made our DBs look like studs.

WhatUSaid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers defense was not impressive. Wide open receivers and only winning by 2 scores with the way Webb was playing. 49ers will be a MUCH different game and I'll be rooting for them, but GB will have a hard time beating a high powered offense, not to mention a good defense.
You aren't telling me anything I don't already know.

How about you tell us how you really feel?

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The D was great, with exception of that one really bad blown coverage. Our play-calling was poor in the 3rd qtr. Should have been 35-3 at the end of the 3rd qtr. Yes, I would agree that only winning this game by only 2 scores was not too impressive.

VikingsInvader

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The D was great, with exception of that one really bad blown coverage. Our play-calling was poor in the 3rd qtr. Should have been 35-3 at the end of the 3rd qtr. Yes, I would agree that only winning this game by only 2 scores was not too impressive.

Ha 35 points, more like 13 given an idiotic offsides that led to a TD and that stupid 12 men that gave you an additional 4 points (was 4th and 4).

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Woodson
Matthews
Walden
Moses
Shields
DuJuan Harris

Duds:
I agree with Rodgers holding the ****ing ball too ****ing long many times. He's playing with fire. He's going to get a real injury one of those times where he gets crushed by a 300-pounder who is trying to injure him.
Cobb on returns... I didn't like him running sideways so much. Maybe there wasn't any blocking, but still....

H

HardRightEdge

I wouldn't make much out the last 20 minutes. The way Webb was playing, once it got to 24-3 it was prevent D and run-the-ball garbage time.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Ha 35 points, more like 13 given an idiotic offsides that led to a TD and that stupid 12 men that gave you an additional 4 points (was 4th and 4).
Your boys were the idiots who did it. Go complain to your own kind, or the 49ers. Stop being so salty. *AHEM* You mad bro?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Studs: GAP RESPONSIBILITY we really played disciplined tonight.
Seems like just about every player did pretty well for us tonight.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Congrats again on the win. But if I were a Packer fan. I would be worried about my defense going into San Francisco. They are not going to be starting a backup QB that hasn't thrown a pass all season in a game. The Packers should have won 45-3 hands down. Things San Fran has the MN didn't have in this game. WR's that can get open and catch. A Qb that can hit those WR's. A better pass defense. Home field crowd.

That being said, it should be a good game. Good luck.

And good job holding Peterson to 99 yards. For the year, thats, 169 yards a game @ 6.6 yards per carry. He's to the Packers what Rodgers is to the Vikings.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
But if I were a Packer fan. I would be worried about my defense going into San Francisco. They are not going to be starting a backup QB that hasn't thrown a pass all season in a game.

When they saw Webb warming up and gopher balling his throws, Capers said no need to cover any one, just stop AP

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
When they saw Webb warming up and gopher balling his throws, Capers said no need to cover any one, just stop AP
Yea, shades of Mcnutt. I think he was just trying to hard. I have seen him throw lasers. Don't know were those gopher balls came from.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yea, shades of Mcnutt. I think he was just trying to hard. I have seen him throw lasers. Don't know were those gopher balls came from.

My thoughts

Cold= Hard football
Not enough practice time
Nerves,hard football, no practice time= gopher balls

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Ok I know I will get some heat for this but:
Studs-Packers D stopped I mean STOPPED A-Petterson from having a big game and keeping him under 100 yds.
DUDS- the 2nd 1/2 packers offense, just flat out NADDA, U can't go into SF playing a 60 min team, with a 30 min o
offense
DUDS- the running game did not cause me goose bumps, still needs work..
DUDS-MM play calling I think A-rod should call his own plays sometimes..
DUDS-Randall Cobbs punt returns,(I am a hugh R C fan, but Ross seems to have a bigger burst)
DUDS- Punting totally sucked Mastay did not pin the Queens deep in their zone....
DUDS-I could be a dud 4 these duds, but just spoke my mind.............

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I"ll add the following:

DUDS: An offense up 24-3 with 5 mins to go in the 3rd quarter that couldn't put the game away and gave the Vikings a shot at getting back into it. Part of that falls on McCarthy who can't seem to get it into his head that going conservative in the 2nd half has caused us to lose games before. And so...

DUDS: MM's 2nd half play calling. It was absolutely stupid, dreadful, etc. 2 runs, long pass, out. x3 Ridiculous. ROdgers said it himself in the PG interview that the Packers offense should have and did not put the game away at the end.

Members online