Studs and duds

L

Lunchboxer

And of chorse you did not let me make the thread... But Ill make one inspite of this.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^^
I will label this game "The day the injury bug finally caught up" We have been running from that son of a gun since 2010 and he finally caught us. Live to fight another day and be glad it wasn't a must win game. Time to finally start bringing starters back off the injury list and pound out some gritty wins against division foes. If we cant do that we don't deserve play offs and it will be time to address some issues in a busy off season.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was more than injury bug. Even if Clay Matthews and Charles Woodson played, don't think the results are much different. Giants had a game plan and they kicked our butts. Kudos to them. The next three games are what's important (all divisional games) along with the finale at Minnesota.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

AJ Hawk, Ryan Pickett

Whereas everyone else on this defense gets hurt, comes up lame, tackles like girls, etc. AJ Hawk continues to stay on the field, and work his white *** off. I'm tired of all our guys getting hurt while Alden Smith, Justin Smith, Patrick Willis, Novorro Bowman, Ahmad Brooks, and the 49er stud DBs all remain PHYSICAL and stay HEALTHY.

Is it a coincidence again? Like last year and the year before?
Or are our guys not taking the same "supplements" that they are?

BJ Raji deserves mention too for not breaking down like a cheap piece of china.

Duds:

Aaron Rodgers, for continuing to lock-in on Cobb too often, and ignore Jones and Jordy.
TJ Lang.
Jeff Saturday.
Evan Dietrich Smith.
Marshall Newhouse.

They all sucked.... they ARE soft. I hate Newhouse not only for allowing guys to go around him and sack and strip sack Rodgers, but also because he was the sieve last year who let Tamba Hali go around him time and time again in Kansas City, and then nail Derek Sherrod, snapping his leg twice. Sherrod SHOULD be the starting LT and Bulaga the RT. Newhouse should be #3, and at RT.

The tackling on defense. They made, AS THEY ALWAYS DO, Ahmad Bradshaw look like Jim Brown.
And AS USUAL, they made Victor Cruz & Hakeem Nicks look red hot. They had struggled coming in, but they lick their chops every time they see our swiss cheese defense.

Mason Crosby..... early on, McCarthy gave him a chance to get his confidence back by letting him have a crack at a 55-yard FG. No pressure as a 55-yarder is not a gimme, and it was early so the game wasn't on the line. They were with the wind.
Crosby, as he usually does, missed it wide. Left this time.
I'm tired of the Mason Crosby Experiment. He's always been a choke, never had the clutch gene that someday we might need.

I want to add Dom Capers because every single time he faces Eli, Nicks, Cruz, he lets them look like they are Canton-bound first ballot.
But in this case, missing 4 starting LBers, plus Woodson and Shields, you have to cut him some slack. Especially since Rodgers gave them 2 turnovers in our territory.

More on this PATHETIC GAME from me HERE

H

HardRightEdge

We go our ***** kicked in the trenches. Like the playoff game, the lack of intensity was palpable.

Manning wasn't even sharp, and their guys were dropping balls.

Burn the tape.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I saw Davon house and Dezman Moses played fairly well. That's about it
House did get beat, on 3rd & goal, by Giants #3 WR, rookie, Rueben Randle, for a touchdown. That was early when it was still a game. That hurt.

Good call LZ on the mustaches. They are UGLY.
Tell me again why Rodgers is sporting that ugly thing? How does it help cure cancer again?

I posted this in the other studs and duds one, didn't know we had two of em!

Studs:

AJ Hawk, Ryan Pickett

Whereas everyone else on this defense gets hurt, comes up lame, tackles like girls, etc. AJ Hawk continues to stay on the field, and work his white *** off. I'm tired of all our guys getting hurt while Alden Smith, Justin Smith, Patrick Willis, Novorro Bowman, Ahmad Brooks, and the 49er stud DBs all remain PHYSICAL and stay HEALTHY.

Is it a coincidence again? Like last year and the year before?
Or are our guys not taking the same "supplements" that they are?

BJ Raji deserves mention too for not breaking down like a cheap piece of china.

Duds:

Aaron Rodgers, for continuing to lock-in on Cobb too often, and ignore Jones and Jordy.
TJ Lang.
Jeff Saturday.
Evan Dietrich Smith.
Marshall Newhouse.

They all sucked.... they ARE soft. I hate Newhouse not only for allowing guys to go around him and sack and strip sack Rodgers, but also because he was the sieve last year who let Tamba Hali go around him time and time again in Kansas City, and then nail Derek Sherrod, snapping his leg twice. Sherrod SHOULD be the starting LT and Bulaga the RT. Newhouse should be #3, and at RT.

The tackling on defense. They made, AS THEY ALWAYS DO, Ahmad Bradshaw look like Jim Brown.
And AS USUAL, they made Victor Cruz & Hakeem Nicks look red hot. They had struggled coming in, but they lick their chops every time they see our swiss cheese defense.

Mason Crosby..... early on, McCarthy gave him a chance to get his confidence back by letting him have a crack at a 55-yard FG. No pressure as a 55-yarder is not a gimme, and it was early so the game wasn't on the line. They were with the wind.
Crosby, as he usually does, missed it wide. Left this time.
I'm tired of the Mason Crosby Experiment. He's always been a choke, never had the clutch gene that someday we might need.

I want to add Dom Capers because every single time he faces Eli, Nicks, Cruz, he lets them look like they are Canton-bound first ballot.
But in this case, missing 4 starting LBers, plus Woodson and Shields, you have to cut him some slack. Especially since Rodgers gave them 2 turnovers in our territory.

More on this PATHETIC GAME from me HERE

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds:

[/quote]

Glad someone said it. Rodgers seems to have gone tunnel vision on Cobb now and negated one of his supposed strong points, reading the coverage. It could be because he fears the pass rush with this pathetic OL.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets look on the bright side. NO and TAM got beat, and SEA can't win on the road.
That is true... but it has nothing to do with the was we pissed our pants tonight out there.... but I'd rather a blowout loss than a loss like in Seattle or Indianapolis.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Studs:
Moses, if only by comparison. He was the only one getting anything that resembled pressure.
Hawk. This year I have had little bad to say about him.
Finley. If only for catching that one tip.

Duds:
Linemen, all of them.
Zombo
Burnett for lousy tackling

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Where did my post go. It is missing after the merge?

I didnt delete it as I would have had to physically place an X in your posgt to delete it

And EVEN if it was deleted somehow, it would have stayed in the thread as all posts deleted just are removed from public view...

I would have had to make ANOTHER x in another spot to physically remove it so it is gone completely

12theTruth

Well, it was a long post so I'll try to go off of memory then.

Stud: Dezman Moses: had at least one sack and a few more pressures.

Duds:

Mike McCarthy: Low percentage move to have Crosby kick a 55 yarder instead of pinning the Giants back near their goal line. Remember that the Giants possession before they had to punt it. Definately flipped the field position and momentum as well. Just plain dumb. Also equally perplexing is not going for it on 4th and inches inside the Giants 10 yard line. While MM was scuffling, Couglin was putting on the accelerator. One of MM's worst coaching days in his time here.

Aaron Rodgers: Accuracy really suffered and had poor pocket presence tonite. Although, the Giants were coming at him from all angles due to sieve like protectoin. Seemed Lackadasial especially as the margin of deficit grew larger.

Offensive Line: HORRIBLE. INEPT. SAD.. Created a few holes early but their utterly pathetic pass protection complettely wiped out the few small positives that had been put forth.

WR: Outside of Jordy's TD, the WR's couldn't handle the Giants physicality. Not many open WR's but its not like A-Rod had an accurate arm tonite either.

Mason Crosby: Really didn't learn any more about Crosby tonite. The FG he did make was basically of extra point distance and the attempt he missed was definately not a gimme at 55 yards. It does add another miss to his already poor FG accuracy for the season. Still a dud until he proves otherwise.

Defense: Very little pressure on QB on a whole and it seemed the Giants could run for huge chunks up the middle when they wanted. Where is the NT or the MLB? Schematically the D was on their heels by the Giants throughout most of the evening. An occasional good pass breakup and solid tackle were the minority. Poor tackling and effort were far more the norm tonite.

Some on this board say that, "do not overeact", or, "we'll get stronger". I counter that in the key area of offensive line we are currently minus 2 of our top 3 offensive tackles for the season. Add that to EDS and Saturday forming one of the poorest interior pass protection tandems in the NFL and improvement is really meaningless when you have such a low point of origin. Some white night will not magically bolster this unit and we are stuck with Campen and the lineman who have given up the 5th highest amount of sacks in the NFL.

Members online

Latest posts