Studs and Duds: Lions game

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with those that said where is So'oto? The times I have seen him, he has been a beast, wonder why he has not been plugged in with all the injuries. He would certainly be a step up from Zombie slow zombo and lost in the woods brad jones.

I think he was cut today actually

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
You are talking about Vic So'oto, correct?

When he left Gb in Sept, you saw him play in Oakland? You knew he was released on injury settlement, right?

Or when he came back to Gb on Nov 12th, he got in games then? You knew he was re-signed right?

When exactly was it he was a beast....

Am I being sarcastic? No..

But you are convinced he was playing like a beast, and since he hardly played for Gb, I am wondering when you saw him

Do you only focus on the ball carrier during a kick off or punt return? Most people do. Try watching some older tape and look for him, he pure flattens guy out. Not to mention, he has played in pre-season games before, plenty, and even if it is pre-season, he still played hard.

good ahead and youtube him, just his name, nothing else. His vid against the chiefs is decent. Look for the other one, he has a sack and a half, INT for TD, and plenty of good tackles.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Either way we need sombody to help Matthews out. Perry i still young but i don't think he's the guy, i think that we need to take a hard look at that other OLB spot.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you only focus on the ball carrier during a kick off or punt return? Most people do. Try watching some older tape and look for him, he pure flattens guy out. Not to mention, he has played in pre-season games before, plenty, and even if it is pre-season, he still played hard.

good ahead and youtube him, just his name, nothing else. His vid against the chiefs is decent. Look for the other one, he has a sack and a half, INT for TD, and plenty of good tackles.

I have seen him LIVE I know how good he appeared a while back...in PRESEASON

So dont have to youtube him...I knew he was cut and injured and re-signed and wasnt on the team until last 2 weeks...He just can't do it when it counts

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody picked him up, he cleared waivers and was signed back to the practice squad.

I have no reason to think So'oto is anything. We can name dozens of players who have been preseason heroes.
If the coaches thought he was anything, he would have certainly gotten some snaps on defense with Matthews out for all this time.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dom Capers for me. Dial up more blitzes, not. We never got close to Stafford. They always say that he has one of the greatest defensive minds in football. I strongly disagree. Detroit had the ball for a full 15 minutes than we did.

We never got close to Stafford, no denying that. But what we did do is cover the hell out of their WRs and TE. One of the best WRs to ever play the game was held down very well until some garbage time yards got him up over 100. The thing Dom Capers is doing with his half a defense ( No Clay, No Woodson, Brad Jones at MLB, whatever nobody we throw opposite of clay due to losing another 1st round pick to serious injury) is not allowing the big play. I don't know the exact stats but, I guarantee we have given up far far far fewer pass plays of 20+ yds this year than last and I think part of that is due to us having to personnel to sit back in coverage, play a lot of nickle, and not let anyone behind the D. Sometimes when one thing isn't working (getting to the QB) it is best to put all your effort towards the next best thing (Excellent Coverage) and hope the results are in your favor. Expect Capers to really dial up the schemes and packages come this weekend and on when we have a closer to full compliment of playmakers for him to move around and put in positions to make big plays.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Your boy Vic was just signed to Washington's roster..Guess they you tube'd him?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They couldn't have gotten him for his ability. They just picked him up now in case they play us in the playoffs. Get an inside on the defensive signals and alignments.

He never saw the field to know our plays LOL

Members online

Latest posts