Studs And Duds: Green Bay V. Denver

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Aaron Rodgers - What more can you say about him? Jynormous talent. He put some ownership in this win. Passing, running, and thinking. The guy has got it going on.

James Starks - Must have heard it from someone on the team to just run with purpose, when he does it, he looks like the beast he is.

James Jones - he held on to the ball! Look for a lot more from him in the coming weeks.

Randall Cobb - this kid is electric when getting the ball on returns you get that feeling he could break it every touch.

Desmond Bishop - did a great job in pursuit against the run.
Charles Woodson - the pick 6 you could see his leadership, and he fully anticipated that throw.

Duds:

Ryan Pickett - on several occaisions, was found to be dancing with Denver's Offensive lineman, absolutely NO push.

Marshall Newhouse - was getting owned by Miller, only a mini-dud due to lack of experience.

Kick coverage teams - the missed tackles, sloppiness, most are starting to expect this type of play due to Slocum's magic.

Dom Caper's first half Defensive scheme - again the defense was getting gashed, but it was shored up for the most part in the 2nd half. The Defense is coming out poorly early nearly every game.

For the most part, the result was taking care of business at home against a team that the pack should beat. They did just that. Rodgers in this game made me forget he who shall not be named. The most interesting thing about AR is he just refuses to make mistakes most of the time, if something is not there he chucks it oob, and onto the next play. His rise is very well deserved.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a little concerned about the passing defense, seems to not be getting much better

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No NFL player before Sunday had ever thrown for 400 yards, 4 TDs, and ran for 2 TDs

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
STUDS:
Mason Crosby and special teams- perfectly executed onside kick
Sir Charles
Mr. Shields
Capt. Morgan
The leader of the band
The rest of the team.

DUDS:
It was a blowout, whata ya gonna nitpick.

Reaction score
Studs:
Rodgers - 400+ passing yards, 4 TD's passing, 2 rushing TD's. Enough said
Starks - Looked like a different back today. Ran real hard all game long.
Crosby - perfect onside kick
MM - kept the foot on the gas pedal all game.

Duds:
Newhouse - got schooled by speed rushers today. Hope he learned a lesson today.
defense - just not getting it done. Pass rush pretty non existent again. Tramon has looked average at best so far. Wonder if he's 100%?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
STUDS:
Mason Crosby and special teams- perfectly executed onside kick
Sir Charles
Mr. Shields
Capt. Morgan
The leader of the band
The rest of the team.

DUDS:
It was a blowout, whata ya gonna nitpick.
Exactly.
Packers won.
There are no duds.

James Jones - he held on to the ball! Look for a lot more from him in the coming weeks.
:rolleyes:
These guys make more catches then not.
They contribute.
A-Rod has faith in them, why can't everyone else?
Packers fans should be 100% behind every team member 24/7.
Packers won. Be happy.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Studs:
Aaron Rodgers! (clap, clap, clapclapclap) Aaron Rodgers!
Woodson becoming one of the best cb's of all time
Duds:
none, it was a good team win.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
You know its a good game when the biggest disappointment is that CWood didn't do a Lambeau Leap after his pick 6 (unless I just missed it).

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There can absolutely be duds when the team wins. In the playoffs, a win is a win is a win. In the regular season, it's okay to care about quality of play and improving as a football team as well. Every week we should look for a W, high quality play, and no major injuries, because all three of those will contribute towards the Packers playing their best football in January and February.

Of course in this case, naming duds seems like nitpicking. There are a lot of areas to work on, but when the strengths of the team make up for the weaknesses to the tune of +26 points, the duds list should be short.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs: I can't add anything to those already listed.

Duds: Jones. His butterfingers were the cause of A-rods interception.
Peprah and Burnett. Denver's passing attack was for the most part targeting the safeties and I don't think they answered the bell. I fully expected to see Bush in for Peprah later in the game when Denver started to air it out more.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Studs

The Packer Organization for letting Driver got announced last....

They said how he was leading WR in Packer history and gave him he respect of coming out last, so the fans could give him a proper ovation

OP
OP
lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: I can't add anything to those already listed.

I fully expected to see Bush in for Peprah later in the game when Denver started to air it out more.

I really do not see it happening. Bush has proven to be valuable on special teams, but to replace Peprah? Considering Bush's tendencies of putting his back to the football when in coverage, and not looking for the ball is what I believe keeps him off of the field on defense. Peprah was on the field last year most of the year, and I just don't believe Dom will make that move - its too risky. Bush is a liability in pass coverage, Peprah is struggling a little bit right now but I think he'll come around.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts