STUDS AND DUDS: GB @ SEA

L

Lunchboxer

Studs Randall Cobb great as usual getting us a good running First down. Wish they use him more

Cedric Benson when he was given the chance he did really well in the 2nd Half.

Mason Crosby getting 2 field goals is always a plus from him.

Packers D played very well execpt that one play in the first half but that is expected sometimes.

Duds

Arron Rodgers Come on man throwing a high very hard catch to Driver. Also holding on to the ball too long.

OL line they sucked. They cant protect Rodgers Long enough for a play to devolp.

Finley droping 3rd down easy to catch pass. And when he does catch it he friggen celebrates.

The ****ing Refs. Missed calls,Wrong calls,Calls that dont make sence.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
STUDS:

Sam Shields - He is becoming a complete corner. His tackling and coverage was top notch. Kudos to him on his improving self.

Run Defense - Did a great job holding a good running attack to being mediocre.

James Jones - caught everything thrown to him. He was reliable in the clutch.

AJ Hawk - He is improving his ability to read the run. Now his coverage needs to be worked on.

Mike McCarthy - Proud to know he is a classy and forthright role model. He handled the press conference better than ANY OTHER COACH would have in his position.

DUDS:

The National Football League - fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. The Owners need to be taken to task for this horsehockey, and Roger Goodell needs to be removed as acting commissioner. Everything is in question and ex-NFL greats are all up in arms about this league's legacy that is being taken down by greed and corruption. An investigation needs to ensue on what is happening to a once proud organization, and find out the truth about what has been happening. If not, the fan base will begin to dwindle if a change is not imminent.

Aaron Rodgers - hanging on to the ball too long AGAIN. Just throw it away if necessary. Only a mini - dud due to his press conference after this game. He handled it VERY WELL considering what he could have said or acted. Nice to know there are people like him there to remind us of how true pros act when they face a very ugly situation.

Cedric Benson - seems a little lost on angles, and cutbacks. More than once I saw a seam and he did not take it.

Pass Protection - no "pad level". Lineman getting stood up, rather than moving their feet to keep balance.

Well, well, well....I'm speechless. This game was a microcosm of what is wrong with our society. Rodgers is right, it never should have came to that ending in the first place. Poor execution on the Offense was the culprit. This ending will live on in history. I just can't believe what is happening to the NFL. Pay attention sports fans!

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs Randall Cobb great as usual getting us a good running First down. Wish they use him more

Cedric Benson when he was given the chance he did really well in the 2nd Half.

Mason Crosby getting 2 field goals is always a plus from him.

Packers D played very well execpt that one play in the first half but that is expected sometimes.

Duds

Arron Rodgers Come on man throwing a high very hard catch to Driver. Also holding on to the ball too long.

OL line they sucked. They cant protect Rodgers Long enough for a play to devolp.

Finley droping 3rd down easy to catch pass. And when he does catch it he friggen celebrates.

The ******* Refs. Missed calls,Wrong calls,Calls that dont make sence.

I believe MM should also be on the Duds list for not adjusting at all to what was going on until the 2nd half. I think it was 4 rushing attempts the entire 1st half?

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
STUDS:

Sam Shields - He is becoming a complete corner. His tackling and coverage was top notch. Kudos to him on his improving self.

Run Defense - Did a great job holding a good running attack to being mediocre.

James Jones - caught everything thrown to him. He was reliable in the clutch.

AJ Hawk - He is improving his ability to read the run. Now his coverage needs to be worked on.

Mike McCarthy - Proud to know he is a classy and forthright role model. He handled the press conference better than ANY OTHER COACH would have in his position.

DUDS:

The National Football League - fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. The Owners need to be taken to task for this horsehockey, and Roger Goodell needs to be removed as acting commissioner. Everything is in question and ex-NFL greats are all up in arms about this league's legacy that is being taken down by greed and corruption. An investigation needs to ensue on what is happening to a once proud organization, and find out the truth about what has been happening. If not, the fan base will begin to dwindle if a change is not imminent.

Aaron Rodgers - hanging on to the ball too long AGAIN. Just throw it away if necessary. Only a mini - dud due to his press conference after this game. He handled it VERY WELL considering what he could have said or acted. Nice to know there are people like him there to remind us of how true pros act when they face a very ugly situation.

Cedric Benson - seems a little lost on angles, and cutbacks. More than once I saw a seam and he did not take it.

Pass Protection - no "pad level". Lineman getting stood up, rather than moving their feet to keep balance.

Well, well, well....I'm speechless. This game was a microcosm of what is wrong with our society. Rodgers is right, it never should have came to that ending in the first place. Poor execution on the Offense was the culprit. This ending will live on in history. I just can't believe what is happening to the NFL. Pay attention sports fans!​

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
STUDS:Mike McCarthy - Proud to know he is a classy and forthright role model. He handled the press conference better than ANY OTHER COACH would have in his position.

McCarthy was the biggest dud of the game outside of the refs. His play-calling in the first half was dreadful. He called three runs the entire first half. This let the Seahawks front four pin their ears back and rush upfield on every play. The second half adjustments worked, but the first half was inexcusable. Three runs while the game is 0-0 and your QB is getting crushed is inexcusable.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
STUDS

Sam Shields
He played like Charles Woodson 4 years ago. He got screwed over time & time again by the refs. He even comes up now to tackle. I just hope he stays healthy. He was awesome last night and was in the BEST position on the incoming hail mary, until that b@stard Tate shoved him to the ground, cleanly according to Easley.
Eric Walden
He was awesome. Nick Perry was good too, except one 3rd down play where he caved to the inside when Matthews got in and flushed Wilson to Perry's open side, which allowed him to run for yards and the 1st down.
Walden was great, and he forced the big interception that the refs screwed us on. That hit was not A) low or B) late.
James Jones
He's tough as nails, and against a physical set of DBs, he brought a man to them, unlike Jordy and Greg.
Jeron McMillian
He's ready and he's solid. He had the interception on the sideline, and he also played well in run support. No breakdowns from him back there.
AJ Hawk
You have to love AJ last night. He was all over Marshawk Lynch, helping hold him to under 4 yards a carry in 25 carries. And he is playing nasty! I love the nasty. He's playing mad and mean and I like it.
DJ Smith
A lot of the same thing as Hawk. I still miss Desmond Bishop though.
Ryan Pickett
Big Grease was often clogging the lane for Marshawn Lynch. Guy's work goes unnoticed, but I saw him working his big fat @ss off in the trenches.
MD Jennings
Some people are criticizing him for not batting the ball down. A few problems with that. Number one, that's what Tennessee did Sunday on the hail mary, and it was then caught by a Lion WR, Titus Young, on the bat-down, for a final play TD.
Also, Jennings was behind a few people, including Tate. It's not like he was all alone getting a volleyball set. He outjumped everyone and did what he thought was safe: intercept the ball and keep it in his chest. Since when is that a mistake?
My only question of the DLB Jennings is why when they went to the ground, why he didn't rull away from Tate hard right away pulling the ball away.

Jermichael Finley
He was ignored for awhile, but much of that was cuz Rodgers didn't have time to get it to him.
He made a big catch, a hard catch, smashed to the ground. He may have his haters, and he may have his issues, but he didn't shy away from the big Hawk DBs.

DUDS

Mike McCarthy
His first-half playcalling was an 'F'.
Pass pass pass pass pass pass..... you cannot do that. It's too hard for the OL to constantly step back and try and pass block, because the defense is just bringing it going at #12 time after time. Especially on the road in a loud place where the OTs are a half-step slower to go. It's no wonder they were beat off the edges all the time.
You have Benson, and he's good. You can get yards with him, and even if only 2, it slows the pass rush.
McCarthy got my message at halftime and you saw the result in the 3rd quarter with TimeOfPossession about 14-1 for us.
Jordy Nelson
Did he play? I didn't notice him.
Greg Jennings
Two times, and one cost us a first down and forced a punt, he had screens and open space with one guy to either beat, or get by for 3, 4, 5, 6, yards, like most receivers do. It's hard to make a one-on-one open field tackle and stone-cold bring them down.... usually they get 4, 5 yards, sometimes get a miss and go a long way.
I know Seattle tackles well, but those 2 efforts by Jennings were awful. He did almost score a TD later.
I did like how Jennings stood up to the thug Brandon Browner. I only wish MM would have called a run play after that and sent Josh Sitton into Browner's ACL.
Lance Easley
He is the European-American ref #26, and he is the one who's best experience is at the high school level. He's the SIDE judge. He should NOT have made the hands up call. That was the call of the closer ref there, the African-American official who signaled touchback and who was closer. He also is the same zebra who missed the BLATANT shove by Tate into the back of Shields, sending him to the ground from perfect position. He also is the side zebra who CALLED Shields for DPI on the 1st & 30 earlier when Shields played it PERFECT and Sidney Rice commited TWO penalties on the same play: shove, and facemask pull.
I want more investigating into this man, his background.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LANCE EASLEY:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Same ref who let the guy assault Jennings TWICE, and then called Jennings for a retalitory penalty for defending himself against the thug Browner.
Same ref who was not supposed to make the call here as it was the African judge who had the proper angle.

Same judge who had problems with the 49ers and Harbaugh.

Rhone-Dunn, #84, the back judge who had the best view of the play and initially signaled interception, is the most experienced member of the crew. Formerly a Big 12 official, he worked the Sugar Bowl back in 2007 and arena games since then.

Easley, #26, the side judge who overruled Rhone-Dunn, is a banker from California, who has officiated high school and junior college games, both football and basketball.

#28, Wayne Elliott, was the head referee who should have gotten his crew together and asked them what they saw before signaling for a touchdown, is a real estate agent in Texas who has worked high school, college, and indoor football.

This was the same crew for last week's Rams-Redskins game—one that got out of hand, and caused Mike Shanahan to tell reporters, "Never have I been involved in a game like this."

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Finley droping 3rd down easy to catch pass. And when he does catch it he friggen celebrates

What the hell are you talking about? Finley didn't have any drops. The only he didn't catch was one where the guy got his arm inside and ripped it away.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.rantsports.com/videos/20...rest-of-the-replacement-officials-in-the-nfl/

More on this zebra who ***** the Packers.
(This guy called it Sam Shields, not Jennings. Whoops). But we appreciate the rant on the ref.

And here's more: Remember, this is the guy who should have thrown the flag for the push-off against Tate. As he did against Shields when Rice pushed Shields.
http://www.slonewsday.com/2012/09/2...lance-easley-part-of-mnf-officiating-debacle/

NFL replacement referee Lance Easley, of Santa Maria, just became public enemy No. 1 in the eyes of the Green Bay Packers and many disgruntled NFL fans across the country.

Easley was the side judge who called the final play of Monday’s Green Bay Packers-Seattle Seahawks game a touchdown, despite the fact that Golden Tate’s “touchdown catch,” by rule, should have been ruled an interception by Green Bay’s M.D. Jennings.

“It was the most controversial call in the NFL in quite some time,” ESPN SportsCenter anchor Linda Cohn said afterward.

A controversial call made by a replacement official from the Central Coast.

An official, who according to his LinkedIn profile, is currently the Vice President of Small Business Banking at Bank of America. Here’s his .me profile, which you can bet has resulted in a few “contact me” hate emails tonight.

While his LinkedIn profile doesn’t focus on his officiating background, Easley is also the president of the Los Padres Basketball Officials Association.

Yes, that’s “BASKETBALL.”

Which begs the question, why is the NFL putting someone who has “Over 30 years of Sales and Marketing” experience on the sidelines of a Monday Night Football game?

Because the NFL and the officials’ union have failed to come to an agreement and end the officiating lockout that began back in June.

Now Easley is the fall guy, and is being treated like Steve Bartman around the sports world and social mediasphere. This is just a taste of the Tweets that will be coming his way this week:

Jeff @iamjeffbernier

congratulations goes out to Santa Maria resident Lance Easley (referee # 26) for being the most hated man in the America. enjoy your future!
25 Sep 12

Jay Morrison @JayMorrisonCMG

Lance Easley, Monday Night Football ref who signaled TD, has a home phone number that is listed. Wonder how long that will last.
25 Sep 12

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Call Lance Easley and give him a piece of your mind. His DIRECT # is: 805-345-6529

This guy is a banker.... I know a few good ones, but many are slimy.
I wonder if this guy has a buddy who had Seattle +4 for a lot of money. There were millions and millions and millions wagered on it. Surely he could have had a buddy lay one down.

He needs to resign.

L

Lunchboxer

AJ Hawk had a good game. You gotta admit he had a good game for whos AJ Hawk haters out there.

We held Marshon Lynch good last night. D played well.

Its just the offense playing ******.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Frank, you better be careful. Posting phone numbers is overreach. They guys's a poor side judge. That's no reason to potentially expose the forum to harassment lawsuits.

NFL greats are all up in arms about this league's legacy that is being taken down by greed and corruption.

Not sure about the corruption claim, but I certainly agree about the greed part. The greedy part-timers who would have you belive they're worried about the "integrity of the game" need to quit *****ing and get back to work.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can honestly say pete carol is a moron. He runs his mouth ona radio station like hes hot stuff.i love how he was apart of Usc. Scandal and ran to the nfl. I will never like or have respect for this idiot as long as. Hes in the nfl. I hope they loose every.gm here out.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I can honestly say pete carol is a moron. He runs his mouth ona radio station like hes hot stuff.i love how he was apart of Usc. Scandal and ran to the nfl. I will never like or have respect for this idiot as long as. Hes in the nfl. I hope they loose every.gm here out.
Yeah! And I don't like their girlie looking uniforms either!!!!

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Call Lance Easley and give him a piece of your mind. His DIRECT # is: 805-345-6529

This guy is a banker.... I know a few good ones, but many are slimy.
I wonder if this guy has a buddy who had Seattle +4 for a lot of money. There were millions and millions and millions wagered on it. Surely he could have had a buddy lay one down.

He needs to resign.

I find it hard to believe that guy could have made that many bad calls, in that short of a time, without having some investment in the game. Sadly no one is blaming him in the media, everyone gives him a free pass. The calls were just blatantly wrong.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The replay official who had the opportunity to overturn the call, he is not a replacement ref.
I just heard this again on NFL Live.

I need to get some info on this guy because he is the only guy in America, ourside of Seattle, who doesn't undertstand the rule of simultaneous possession.

HansGruber

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah! I love the irony of this post. I think you called someone a moron, but I had a hard time deciphering your message, since it was apparently written by a "specially abled" 3rd-grade Remedial English drop-out who doesn't understand how to use periods yet.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah! I love the irony of this post. I think you called someone a moron, but I had a hard time deciphering your message, since it was apparently written by a "specially abled" 3rd-grade Remedial English drop-out who doesn't understand how to use periods yet.

HansandFrans is a TROLL!!!!!!!

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
STUDS:

GB Defense. They held the Hawks to 7 points in the 1st half and ZERO first-downs in the 2nd half until that awful final drive with 3 ridiculous calls.

GB Rookies. Nick Perry, Jerel Worthy, Nate McMillan and Casey Hayward all made an impact in this game. Perry particularly showed a lot of improvement from his first two weeks, getting pressure on Wilson on several plays and sacking him once. 3 solo tackles.

A.J. Hawk. He was a beast out there. 11 tackles, 5 solo. What a change from last year!

Sam Shields. We now have as solid a CB group as I've seen snice 2010. Tramon Williams, Shields, House and Hayward.

Erik Walden. Like A.J. Hawk, Walden's performance as opposed to last year is night and day. He and Perry give us a great tandem at OLB to complement Clay.

Jermichael Finley. The only receiver out there yesterday who made some tough catches. The one 3rd down drop on his part hurt, but it was defended well by the Seattle DB. It's not like Finley just dropped it.

DUDS:

MM. Absolutely awful playcalling and an unwillingness to go away from the plan soon enough. Everybody in the whole stadium could see what was going on. Shorten the passes and run the ball for chrissakes!

Packer receivers. Maybe they were getting mugged past the 5-yard line, maybe not, but they have not done a good job of getting open at all. Not just last night but over 3 games.

Brian Bulaga. Got beat bad and gave up 2 sacks on Monday. Hasn't looked very good at all so far.

Whoever was blocking Clemons, which would be Newhouse most often.

----------------

A few observations> Rodgers doesn't look comfortable back there at all No surprise with how many times he's been sacked. 16 times in 3 games. Holding onto the ball way too long.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Frank, you better be careful. Posting phone numbers is overreach. They guys's a poor side judge. That's no reason to potentially expose the forum to harassment lawsuits.

Not sure about the corruption claim, but I certainly agree about the greed part. The greedy part-timers who would have you belive they're worried about the "integrity of the game" need to quit *****ing and get back to work.

Pretty sure the "forum" can't be sued..Not liable for content posted..

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts