Strength and conditioning

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Pack should take a look at their strength and conditioning team because for the last few years they have been riddled with injuries.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, because strength and conditioning will stop an ankle from snapping when a 250 pounder falls on it!

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
I think the Pack should take a look at their strength and conditioning team because for the last few years they have been riddled with injuries.

This might make sense, but it's not true. We have been quite uninjured for the last two years (one of the least injured teams in the NFL).

OP
OP
R

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Yeah, because strength and conditioning will stop an ankle from snapping when a 250 pounder falls on it!

It might. Shows how much you know about fitness.

If you haven't noticed there are 250+ pound people falling on ankles each Sunday and they aren't usually broken.

If the muscles, tendons and ligaments are strong enough and conditioned well enough it prevents injury.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at the angle of the planted foot and the direction of the hit on the ankle. There is no amount of conditioning that could have prevented that. The bone only has so much strength and it was not strong enough. I believe you are correct if we are talking a roll or a gruesome twist, but this was like a twig being snapped over someone's knee.

OP
OP
R

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't get to see the replay so I didn't know.

Anyway, there are other injuries happening besides Davenport.

http://www.packers.com/team/injury_list/

I don't know the situation for sure, but it just *seems* like the Packers have more injuries to their starters than the average NFL team - more people that are on IR, out or not likely to play.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing for us to argue over. It just seems that the Packers get hit all at once with a rash of injuries while other teams don't experience such a density of injuries. Beyond that, it always seems to be our marquee type players (except #4, of course) getting hurt....never a special teamer who might be more easily replaced.

TOP...check out my latest comments on the Queens in the NFL section. This stuff cannot be made up...what a bunch of classless boobs!

ChuckSTG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps the packers should look into their conditioning. But so should everyone else in the league. Seems like a lot of injuries happening this year, more then normal. Same thing with penalties too.

Members online

Latest posts