Steelers will win Super Bowl XLV, predicts Madden 11

L

Lunchboxer

Steelers will win Super Bowl XLV, predicts Madden 11 - Video Games Blog Plugged In - Yahoo! Games

"Forget Punxsutawney Phil -- Madden 11, EA's pigskin prognosticator, has emerged from its burrow just in time to make its annual wintery pick.
And it's going with Pittsburgh.
According to the simulation, the Steelers storm back from an early fourth quarter deficit to narrowly beat the Green Bay Packers, 24-20, nabbing their record seventh Vince Lombardi Trophy. With five catches for 111 yards -- including the game-winning TD -- Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace wins the MVP.
EA Sports has been using Madden to predict the Super Bowl winner for years now, and the famed football franchise is proving eerily good at it. Not only has Madden correctly picked six of the last seven winners, it's actually been quite close on the final scores in a few of them.
Super Bowl XXXVIII
Madden: Patriots 23, Panthers 20
Actual Score: Patriots 32, Panthers 29

Super Bowl XXXIX
Madden: Patriots 47, Eagles 31
Actual score: Patriots 24, Eagles 21
Super Bowl XL
Madden: Steelers 24, Seahawks 19
Actual score: Steelers 21, Seahawks 10
Super Bowl XLI
Madden: Colts 38, Bears 27
Actual score: Colts 29, Bears 17
Super Bowl XLII -- WHOOPS
Madden: Patriots 38, Giants 30
Actual score: Giants 17, Patriots 14
Super Bowl XLIII
Madden: Steelers 28, Cardinals 24
Actual score: Steelers 27, Cardinals 23

Super Bowl XLIV
Madden: Saints 35, Colts 31
Actual score: Saints 31, Colts 17
So it botched the underdog Giants victory in 2008, but check out the scores of the two recent Pittsburgh wins. Madden might not be Grays Sports Almanac, but with that kind of track record, we're not inclined to bet against it."

Well I hope Madden Prediction is Wrong this year.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
curses curses I tell you,that's madden and some times it's wrong,I'm changing it the pack wins so says me.:happy0005:

arrimike

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they are so damn accurate, why don't they simulate the whole year? Hmmm... And did they even account for the injuries, or how Pouncey is going to play and hurt his team even more by playing? Or how about the weather conditions?... Oh, wait, they are playing in a dome. So I guess they did not take into account how well the Packers play in domes.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, screw this season. Screw the fact that we've gone through hell and high water to get to the Super Bowl. Screw the fact that nobody expected us to go here after all those injuries. I mean, Madden predicts the Steelers winning, that billboard picks the Steelers winning, and even the (self-proclaimed) football oracle Chad Ochocinco sees the Steelers winning.

What's the point of even playing, when our worth is determined not by what we do on the field, but by extremely accurate simulations and billboards that have the power of God behind them? I mean, by those measures, we'll never win against the Steelers. Nope. Nuh-uh. No way, no how. We might as well give Rooney the Lombardi Trophy right now.

PackersAllDay89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's funny because I ran the exact same simulation last night and the Packers won 21 - 17.. just because their certain version of Madden predicts it that way doesn't mean it's set in stone. Anyone w/ the game can run that simulation and it can turn out a million different ways. There is no way to factor in the intangibles or game-changing plays/momentum.

This could be the stupidest article I've ever read..

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
All I have to say is there is a reason they play the game. If we went by predictions yeah, Steelers would win, but personally I'd like to see them beat the Packers before they are crowned. It's impossible to simulate luck, and winning a football game sometimes has as much to do with luck as skill.

Bill From Hanover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Madden 2011 - SIM of SB XLV ( 2 Minute Video )

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwYijHKtVUY&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Madden NFL 11 Super Bowl XLV Sim[/ame]

Vegas line currently gives us (Steelers ) 3 Points.

Any thoughts why ?

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vegas tends to want balanced betting and the Packers are a popular team for gamblers right now.

L

Lunchboxer

All I have to say is there is a reason they play the game. If we went by predictions yeah, Steelers would win, but personally I'd like to see them beat the Packers before they are crowned. It's impossible to simulate luck, and winning a football game sometimes has as much to do with luck as skill.

Except with the Bears they rely on Luck only to win games. We all know how that worked out for them...:chisux:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And there's a vulture in some zoo that picked the Steelers and an elephant in Chicago that picked the Packers.

I think I'll go with my pick.......PACKERS.

:chisux:
So the vulture is a harbinger of gloom and doom for the Stealers to lose?
Kewl.

Steeler Tim

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of you guys are taking this way too serious. Obviously it doesn't matter what the Madden simulation says or who the elephant picks or which bowl the vulture eats out of. Just chill ... this is for entertainment purposes only. The game will still be played and the winner will be determined on the field Sunday. If anyone believes this crap they need to be locked up. Just laugh at it.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Madden Predictions are horse ****.

Last year the Saints were supposed to barely edge out the Colts. If anyone remembers, Madden predicted Reggie Bush to have this super bad *** game with a punt return for TD, and over 50 yards rushing. Did it happen? Nope. Reggie Bush was a non-factor in the Super Bowl last year, as he was a meaningless player for them this year. According to Madden the Saints were going to win 35 to 31, they never predicted Manning to blow the game. Don't know what everyone things of last year, but losing by 14 is what I consider a blow out.

Most of the Official Madden's predictions this year have been terrible.

According to Madden the Saints should have blown out the Seahawks in the wild card round putting up 40 points against them. Didn't happen

Atlanta was predicted to beat the Pack attack by 7 in the divisional round, we know damn well that didn't happen.

New England was supposed to put a 10 point win over the Jets. Nope that didn't happen either.

So I wouldn't go by Madden if I were you. Their predictions are way off. The reason those games have been so terrible the last 5 years. Like I mentioned earlier at them never predicting Manning to blow the game with an interception, just look at all the players in that game with a 99 rating, and tell me how all of them never screw up. I believe Drew Brees kept a 98 rating after throwing 22 interceptions this year, Michael Vick also had a 99 rating but did he really deserve it?

Reaction score
Madden Predictions are horse ****.

Last year the Saints were supposed to barely edge out the Colts. If anyone remembers, Madden predicted Reggie Bush to have this super bad *** game with a punt return for TD, and over 50 yards rushing. Did it happen? Nope. Reggie Bush was a non-factor in the Super Bowl last year, as he was a meaningless player for them this year. According to Madden the Saints were going to win 35 to 31, they never predicted Manning to blow the game. Don't know what everyone things of last year, but losing by 14 is what I consider a blow out.

Most of the Official Madden's predictions this year have been terrible.

According to Madden the Saints should have blown out the Seahawks in the wild card round putting up 40 points against them. Didn't happen

Atlanta was predicted to beat the Pack attack by 7 in the divisional round, we know damn well that didn't happen.

New England was supposed to put a 10 point win over the Jets. Nope that didn't happen either.

So I wouldn't go by Madden if I were you. Their predictions are way off. The reason those games have been so terrible the last 5 years. Like I mentioned earlier at them never predicting Manning to blow the game with an interception, just look at all the players in that game with a 99 rating, and tell me how all of them never screw up. I believe Drew Brees kept a 98 rating after throwing 22 interceptions this year, Michael Vick also had a 99 rating but did he really deserve it?

I'd use Madden and go the exact opposite then. Works every time this year.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
6 Super Bowls I would guess would be way too small a sample to say if the premise of the video game being able to predict a real game is accurate or just chance that it got some right in a row so far. Same with the tempt destiny billboard.

Members online

Latest posts