Steelers: Our SB rival comes to Lambeau

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure TT has the final say. MM is lobbying for him to play as I understand the situation.
No, Dr. Pat McKenzie, our team physician, is the only man who has any say whatsoever in this matter. He says no, the answer is no, no matter how much anybody lobbies.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? All reports say he just practiced but none saying he will play
This is what I read and took to mean that he would play.
Do we have official word yet one way or the other?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...tices-for-first-time-since-fracturing-fibula/

Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that Cobb, who is eligible to play against the Steelers this week, did “very basic” work during the portion of the practice open to the media. We’ll see what coach Mike McCarthy has to say about Cobb later on Wednesday and later this week to see if that means he has a chance of being in uniform this Sunday.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, Dr. Pat McKenzie, our team physician, is the only man who has any say whatsoever in this matter. He says no, the answer is no, no matter how much anybody lobbies.
They better make sure the Doctor is not a Bears fan.
Pulls out big sledge hammer.
"OK Aaron. Now we are going to test for pain and reflexes in the collarbone. Tell me if this hurts."

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what I read and took to mean that he would play.
Do we have official word yet one way or the other?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...tices-for-first-time-since-fracturing-fibula/

Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that Cobb, who is eligible to play against the Steelers this week, did “very basic” work during the portion of the practice open to the media. We’ll see what coach Mike McCarthy has to say about Cobb later on Wednesday and later this week to see if that means he has a chance of being in uniform this Sunday.
I read Cobb will likely come back if we make the playoffs

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wanna see lots and lots of Lambeau Leaps.

If we can beat the Cowboys away, with that amazing comeback and after the previous win in Dallas in 1989 and beat the Stealers in the big game, then I think we have a very good chance to beat them at home.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game turns on our Defense.. we need a pass rush this week.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
12:30 hours to go to kick off in the cold and snow at Lambeau!
Strong winds, 5-6" of snow by game time with another inch or two during the game. Light fluffy stuff, the kind they make snowblower commercials with. Mid 20's temp. Not too shabby if you can get to the stadium.
Not sure Flynn has the zip on his passes to cut through the wind.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Strong winds, 5-6" of snow by game time with another inch or two during the game. Light fluffy stuff, the kind they make snowblower commercials with. Mid 20's temp. Not too shabby if you can get to the stadium.
Poppa San, THANKS for that weather report.

I am still down here in Dallas, but my mom flew up there for this week, and is going to the game.
I hope whoever drives, does so safely.

I don't like hearing "strong winds" because their guy at QB has a lot stronger arm than our guy does.

At least it's not 10-below fricking zero for my mom to freeze in.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

http://www.packerforum.com/threads/thompson-made-the-right-call.49334/

Article there points to a profootballtalk article

The final decision rests with general manager Ted Thompson based on the information provided by team physician Dr. Pat McKenzie, although McCarthy and Rodgers at least are involved in the conversation.

Just goes to show that sometimes what we think is true, we really dont know

I too thought the Dr had final say

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were practicing outdoors.
Hopefully it's enough.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers didn't deserve to win today. To still be in the game until the last second was ridiculous. If the Steelers had just sat on the ball at the goal line, they would have won easily.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's absolutely no excuse for us running out of time at the end. When Quarless got tackled at the 5 there was over 1 minute left on the clock. When Starks got tackled at the 1 there was 40 seconds left.

You almost have to consciously try to **** that much time away without getting 4 plays off.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Steelers did not win this game WE lost it with INT, fumble, awful clock management.

Members online

Latest posts