Steelers: Our SB rival comes to Lambeau

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last time we played 'em, we beat 'em for the big win.
Will Rodgers return to do it again?
Or will Flynn be taking the snaps again?
Cold weather should not be a factor since the Steelers also play outdoors.
This is a must win game for both teams since they are still in the hunt for the playoffs:

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

Pack is on a roll winning their last two and the Steels won their recent game.
Should be a good game to watch.
We will see which team wants it more.

And for gosh sakes, Mike, don't go for the 2 unless it's to tie or get ahead by one point!
And if you must then give it to Lacy to run it in.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I imagine a lot of doubter packer fans already sold their tickets to steeler towel hands. This might be the poorest packer fan showing at Lambeau since the last Giants playoff game. Hope I am wrong.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is funny, since Rodgers went down I have been watching Lacy a LOT closer than I was previously and I gotta say I am HUGE fan of his now... and now that Rodgers has a real chance of coming back this week for the Steelers game I actually can't picture him in the game. Not saying I don't want to see him in the game, but it has been 6 weeks since he went down and I haven't seen #12 in the pocket for so long it will be almost foreign to me now haha. That being said, I want him back, dominating, and leading us to a SB win!

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I imagine a lot of doubter packer fans already sold their tickets to steeler towel hands. This might be the poorest packer fan showing at Lambeau since the last Giants playoff game. Hope I am wrong.

Based on all the empty seats in Pittsburgh last night the Steeler fans might be selling the tickets back to Packer fans.

The Steelers playoff hopes are hanging by a thread and since next weeks game is at 4:30 est, they will probably be eliminated by kickoff. I would still expect the Steelers to play hard, but I'm counting on the Packers to build on yesterday's victory. McCarthy always preaches stacking success. They took baby steps in the Atlanta game and took a big step yesterday afternoon. I'm hoping for a complete game next week.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone should bring out the trophy and run around the field with it right before kickoff making sure to walk very slowly going by the Steelers side line while the jumbotrons show SB highlights and the score board has the final score of that game.
Joking. Sorta.
But I'm so glad that we have it and they don't.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Someone should bring out the trophy and run around the field with it right before kickoff making sure to walk very slowly going by the Steelers side line while the jumbotrons show SB highlights and the score board has the final score of that game.
Joking. Sorta.

It may just happen

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joking. Sorta.
It's best not to poke a stick into a wasp nest.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't consider SB XLV to be revenge, that was on its own.

I want Packers revenge for their last regular season meeting in Pittsburgh, on that time expiring loss....which seems to happen a lot to the Pack.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate the Steelers with a passion, obviously I really, really want the Packers to win this game. Given now that it's got playoff implications, that makes it even bigger.

Obviously the key will be to shut down the Pittsburgh quarterback. Don't let 2009 happen all over again (500+ passing yards).

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
wins and loses aside, this to ME is the must win..... not only to help us along, but to SHUT THE F*CKING STEELER FANS UP !!!! There are sooooo many damn steelers fans in my area. They are so annoying and loud. I had nothing against the steelers until I moved down here, now I hate the steelers as much as the bears. They have 6 bars that are just for the steeler fans down here, it is disgusting. I hope we can some how route the **** out the steelers and send them home with crushed dreams and bruised egos.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read an article regarding a study by Emory University on NFL fan bases.
Steelers, Raiders and Patriots fan bases were found to be most UNSTABLE.
Cowboys fan
base was found most stable.
Bears fans were found to be the 5th happiest fan base. Saints were #1.
The Packers fan base was not mentioned.
This study was based on fan tweets after wins and losses.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
twitter accounts don't mean jack-crap. I have been ALL over the USA and have found many packers fans, and packers bars/tavenrs. There is not ONE single panthers bar in my area, yet there are 2 packers bars..... that alone should tell ya something.......that not all southerners are dumb hicks lol

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read an article regarding a study by Emory University on NFL fan bases.
Steelers, Raiders and Patriots fan bases were found to be most UNSTABLE.
Cowboys fan
base was found most stable.
Bears fans were found to be the 5th happiest fan base. Saints were #1.
The Packers fan base was not mentioned.
This study was based on fan tweets after wins and losses.

Steeler and Patriot fans will jump off the bandwagon in a heartbeat. Raider fans are just psychotic.

I went to the Super Bowl in New Orleans after the 96 season and Packer fans outnumbered Patriot fans 4-1. I could see why Saints fans are the happiest as well. That town is having a perpetual party.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
twitter accounts don't mean jack-crap. I have been ALL over the USA and have found many packers fans, and packers bars/tavenrs. There is not ONE single panthers bar in my area, yet there are 2 packers bars..... that alone should tell ya something.......that not all southerners are dumb hicks lol

You have to consider the fact you're in a military town and most people are from somewhere else in the country. Charlotte's the same way. It's a transient town, with most of the population coming here for the good jobs. The Panthers are still building their fan base, but people in this town will still jump on and off the bandwagon depending on the teams fortunes.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
So.... not just considering MY area, I have been all over and still found random packer fans sporting their packers gear or found bars specifically aimed at the packers fan base. WE have the best fans and a damn wide fan base.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a business traveler for the past 15 years, I have seen much of the same as Oshkosh. So many Packers bars in just about every city, but few others. For a while there was a Steelers bar here in St. Paul but it was short-lived.

My take on the SB victory and 2009 loss is to rise above the temptation to gloat, even if the Steelers trot out Josh Bell on THEIR sideline! Those games were three and four seasons ago. The Packers organization from top to bottom, Aaron Rodgers to the concourse janitor, should be focused on performing at their highest level this week. I hope that McCarthy busts out the NFL Yearbook video from the 2007 Giants. They made the greatest run through the playoffs, beating insurmountable odds every week - even our beloved Packers (yes I was there too). That's the type of inspired play that we need out of the Packers. Our team is certainly past the whoa-is-me emotions due to injuries. They have been in fight mode the past two weeks, much like when the Terminator re-routed power and came back to unleash a whooping. It's all about momentum, chasing perfection and catching greatness, and winning each game one at a time until they tell us that there are no more games to win this season.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wins and loses aside, this to ME is the must win..... not only to help us along, but to SHUT THE F*CKING STEELER FANS UP !!!! There are sooooo many damn steelers fans in my area. They are so annoying and loud. I had nothing against the steelers until I moved down here, now I hate the steelers as much as the bears. They have 6 bars that are just for the steeler fans down here, it is disgusting. I hope we can some how route the **** out the steelers and send them home with crushed dreams and bruised egos.
What area is that, dude?
I always thought you were in OshKosh based on your screen name?

If/when any of them give you crap, remind them that 13>6. ;)

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So.... not just considering MY area, I have been all over and still found random packer fans sporting their packers gear or found bars specifically aimed at the packers fan base. WE have the best fans and a damn wide fan base.
I feel like it's awesome to be a fan of and cheering on a team that is community owned and in the smallest city (I think) of the NFL.
The NFL is a bunch of (Insert your favorite plural curse-out name here) for not allowing any other team to be community owned but instead only owned by super, mega rich, people of the 1%.
They even have rules against it! :mad:

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The smallest City bit is a little overdone. Truth is that the Packers have very strong regional support. I suspect that in fan support both Milwaukee and Madison exceed most NFL cities. That and Wisconsinites seem more willing to drive long distances than folks in most States. Could be our fine States fine tradition of driving to some place warmer during the colder months.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The smallest City bit is a little overdone.
Disagree. The pure fact is that Green Bay is the smallest metropolitan market with a major sports team by far. With roughly 300,000 in the metro area, GB is much smaller than the next NFL market of Jacksonville with 1.3 million people. Compare that to the 22 million in New York.

ALL teams have regional support to varying degrees, and yes, the Packers enjoy stronger than most but they also enjoy strong national support as Oshkosh has mentioned. So it's not overblown. Professional teams want to play in big cities because it increases revenue and profit from a bigger pool of potential fans. To do so in such a small market is incredible. It transcends the traditional professional sports model to build a fan base that is stronger from long-distance than what you can draw from locally.

FYI: The Regina Roughriders lays claim to the smallest metro population if you want to include the CFL.

Members online

Latest posts