Steeler Nation forum wants to fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black and Gold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm curious why the actions of a few trolls are deemed important enough to publicize with a sticky instead of being handled with a few user/IP bans. All it's doing is stirring up (more) non-SB talk.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm curious why the actions of a few trolls are deemed important enough to publicize with a sticky instead of being handled with a few user/IP bans. All it's doing is stirring up (more) non-SB talk.
Because it's not just the actions of a few trolls when a whole Steelers board approves and encourages such actions.

Black and Gold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because it's not just the actions of a few trolls when a whole Steelers board approves and encourages such actions.

Ah, I was under the impression that it was a few idiots from a single forum. I didn't realize that everyone on that board approved and encouraged them.

Hollywood Bags

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They're a bunch of idiots, just ignore them. They whine and cry about trolls all the time (and a "troll" to them is someone that point out a Steeler weakness or says something good about another team), then decide to form a posse to cause trouble on another board, and then they get all indignant when they get banned and start crying about that. It's pathetic.

Hollywood Bags

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah, I was under the impression that it was a few idiots from a single forum. I didn't realize that everyone on that board approved and encouraged them.

It's not everyone on the board, but when it's a moderator causing the problems, that is going to give the board a bad name. There are some decent posters on that site (and TMC is usually one of them), but you have to wade through all the garbage to find them.... and like I said, it's usually the moderators causing half the trouble.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
How does this credit thing work?

If you click on "Extras" just under the header, you can "buy" Packer jerseys for 1000 credits each that will display on your posts. (You're a Steelers fan, right? I haven't seen any of those in there. :wink:)

If you want to gift them to someone else, you can click on the number of credits you have, and fill out the name of the recipient and the amount, and leave a note if you want.

(I have been the lucky recipient of some gifts these past two days - thanks again to everyone who gave me credits, don't know if you want to be publicly identified or I would.)

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I don't see where TMC did anything wrong? All he's done here is defend himself, and argue for his team elsewhere.

But yeah there have been quite a few others who don't really contribute much except snide remarks.

EDIT: If anyone wants credits to get a jersey, I have all the jerseys I want right now. Unless there's some other reason to keep them...robdog?

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
How does this credit thing work?

Credits allow you to "buy" jerseys in the "store" that you can display on your profile.

If you look to the right of your posts, you'll see "Credits:" and in your case you have 420.

If you want to give them to another person, you click on the "420", or however many it is. This pops up a dialog where you can type in a person's username, the amount you want to give, and submit.

If you want to "buy" something with them, click the "Extras" menu on the far right side of the site navigation, and select "Packer Credit Shop". It's self-explanatory from there, I think.

Hope this helps.

L

Lunchboxer

This damn feud still going on.

What ever happen to dont feed the trolls

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the credits, eveyone. Since this "store" doesn't have the good sense to stock Steelers jerseys, I gave you my credits, LombardiChick.
Maybe it should stock other teams jerseys. But they should cost 2,000 credits, so you really have to work to get them. :D

Bears and Vikes jerseys cost 10,000.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry for the OT post RE: credits, but if you are gonna transfer more than 999 of them, do not use a comma. Enter it like 1000, instead of 1,000.

/OT

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you click on "Extras" just under the header, you can "buy" Packer jerseys for 1000 credits each that will display on your posts. (You're a Steelers fan, right? I haven't seen any of those in there. :wink:)

If you want to gift them to someone else, you can click on the number of credits you have, and fill out the name of the recipient and the amount, and leave a note if you want.

(I have been the lucky recipient of some gifts these past two days - thanks again to everyone who gave me credits, don't know if you want to be publicly identified or I would.)

Hope you got mine, I've never transferred credits before! :)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're a bunch of idiots, just ignore them. They whine and cry about trolls all the time (and a "troll" to them is someone that point out a Steeler weakness or says something good about another team), then decide to form a posse to cause trouble on another board, and then they get all indignant when they get banned and start crying about that. It's pathetic.
I know they're a bunch of idiots, but as mods we can't ignore them.

We've always had a very light policy regarding banments. But in order to keep the forum civil, unfortunately we have to be more strick with Steelers fans.

Our forum is, after all, dedicated to Packers fans. We don't like to proceed that way, but it's the only way to make the forum a pleasant for our members.

Some guys will get "almost" the same treatment as Packers fans, such as GoSlash, 43Hitman, Preacher, Steelers Tim and others. Those guys have been in here for a while, they've introduced themselves, they've shown that they're here to talk football.

To any other Steelers fans who come here, if they have an aggressive tone early on, we just have to treat them differently...

LombardiChick

Reaction score
OH. MY. GOODNESS.

Thank you guys - all of you!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEAL!!!!!!!!!! You guys ROCK!!!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

LombardiChick

Reaction score
Mods, I'm buying jerseys for the game like crazy (((((Thank you KITTEN, HOLLYWOOD, SNOWPLOW, TWO OTHER PEOPLE I HAVEN'T BEEN GIVEN PERMISSION TO ID, TMC, and anyone else I'm not aware of so generously me gifting me credits so I can do this)))) but they're not showing up - I know I'm not the only one who's had this problem. Can you help? (If you see this, robdog...?)

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I think the reason TMC is being singled out here is because of the way the others at SteelerNation cowered behind his posts like minions to his leader. He comes over here, posts well thought out, researched, thorough replies, and all they can do over there is read them and sit behind their computers snickering...because they can't do any better.

THEY singled him out there, and maybe because of that, LTF, you thought he came over here with all of their intentions? Maybe he does share them, but it doesn't come across in his posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts