Steeler Nation forum wants to fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted three quotes of members of this site making reference to James Harrison being taken out. Sure, the death penalty is not as bad as an injury :rolleyes: .
Well that is just a tiny example.
The majority of things on here are positive and upbeat and with class. MAJORITY.
Funny how you left out anything with class or being positive.

OK so I'm going to take the moral high ground and be better than you and leave and let go of this one and go back to talking football in other threads.

You could learn from my example.
Have a nice day.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The knuckle draggers are invading Footballpros as well. A Steelers fan made the following post:

Hypocycloid:

I'd gladly trade a TD pass for a personal foul and Harrison getting kicked out of the game, if Rodgers gets knocked out of the game. Like trading a bishop for a queen in chess.

Wow. He'll risk giving up a TD and having Harrison removed from the game if it results in Rodgers being knocked out for the game. Classy. Real classy.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
What the Hell is going on out here.

There are good steeler boards. I found this real legit classy post at steeler universe Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

Seems like the Steeler trolls here are Bear fans in disguise.
GoSlash has been posting here, he's been pretty good.

I don't see why everyone can't just ignore the trolls and discuss good football with the earnest fans. If it's smack talk, it's only fair to return fire (in a smack thread). If it's a true discussion, OBVIOUSLY each fan is going to defend their team, and know their weaknesses. It doesn't need to come down to petty insults and accusations.

Each side needs to just man up and stop acting like children.

Steeler Tim

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with SteelerNation. I know the guy who posted the "get something started" thing. You can bet it was more to make the time go by and his intention was not to start a troll war. We have fans from other teams that post there daily and some have even become subscribing members.

But, until you get some fans from your opponent there, you cannot really talk football. You know your team. They know theirs. Without an opposing view, it is simply a circle jerk. I find it funny when fans of opposing teams do not want other fans on their board. IMO, it simply means they do not want to recognize their teams shortcomings and weaknesses.

I'm sorry TMC. You seem to be very knowledgeable and I don't remember a bad post by you at this site ... but the comments made by others at SteelerNation were completely out of bounds. I know we get bored with the 2 week break between games ... it's one of the reasons I go to opponents sites so I can learn about their team and strike up a conversation. It helps pass the time ... but the things they were saying at SteelerNation was as classless as anything I've ever heard. While you post there and might think different to an outsider they seem like a bunch of twelve year olds who want to be internet tough guys. I don't see how they can be defended.

As for the posting of 'vile' steeler pictures ... really? Those pics bother you? I think they are funny as hell. They are certainly nothing steeler fans haven't seen before. Since you go to other sites I know you aren't thin skinned and are not offended by these pictures. You are just trying to make a point here but you really needn't. The admin has apologized if he upset you by putting your name in the thread title. He has done it several times. All should be well.

I do agree with you that some of the Packer fans have gone overboard with classless comments about Harrison. Please, I don't want to hear the excuse "but they did it first". That's a 6 year olds argument. You either have class or you don't. Just because someone else is classless dosen't give you a reason to be classless also. You can defend your team or position in other ways.

and as Dennis Miller says ... That's just my opinion, I could be wrong. :)

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with SteelerNation. I know the guy who posted the "get something started" thing. You can bet it was more to make the time go by and his intention was not to start a troll war. We have fans from other teams that post there daily and some have even become subscribing members.

But, until you get some fans from your opponent there, you cannot really talk football. You know your team. They know theirs. Without an opposing view, it is simply a circle jerk. I find it funny when fans of opposing teams do not want other fans on their board. IMO, it simply means they do not want to recognize their teams shortcomings and weaknesses.

SteelerNation's admin pushing for a tolling attack on this forum isn't wrong? Your members wishing for dirty cheap shots etc..isn't wrong? Other Steeler forums disagree with you.

Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

We welcome opposing fans unless they come here to Troll and stir up trouble. I enjoy reading opposing views and talking with other fans. You want to troll and talk smack, there is a forum for it. Apparently your trolls from SteelerNation couldn't figure that out (their own words).

What's your idea of discussing football? Xs and Os talk ad nauseam? Start some threads here and you'll get people discussing X's and O's if that is what you want to discuss. But, if the basic premise of one's argument is contested, there isn't much left to discuss. I find it pointless to try to discuss who's team is better at X.Y.Z as each side stubbornly holds onto it's "Facts".

Some people prefer the storylines behind the teams/NFL more than discussing the zone blitzing schemes of both teams. That's a fan's prerogative yet some members of SteelerNation ridiculed this forum's members and continue to do so. There appears to be some good members on your forum, but they seem to be in the minority.

Good luck to your team in the SB. May the best team win and both sides come out with no injuries. I highly doubt anybody on SteelerNation could cough out the same thing to GB fans.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SteelerNation's admin pushing for a tolling attack on this forum isn't wrong? Your members wishing for dirty cheap shots etc..isn't wrong? Other Steeler forums disagree with you.

Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

We welcome opposing fans unless they come here to Troll and stir up trouble. I enjoy reading opposing views and talking with other fans. You want to troll and talk smack, there is a forum for it. Apparently your trolls from SteelerNation couldn't figure that out (their own words).

What's your idea of discussing football? Xs and Os talk ad nauseam? Start some threads here and you'll get people discussing X's and O's if that is what you want to discuss. But, if the basic premise of one's argument is contested, there isn't much left to discuss. I find it pointless to try to discuss who's team is better at X.Y.Z as each side stubbornly holds onto it's "Facts".

Some people prefer the storylines behind the teams/NFL more than discussing the zone blitzing schemes of both teams. That's a fan's prerogative yet some members of SteelerNation ridiculed this forum's members and continue to do so. There appears to be some good members on your forum, but they seem to be in the minority.

Good luck to your team in the SB. May the best team win and both sides come out with no injuries. I highly doubt anybody on SteelerNation could cough out the same thing to GB fans.

That link speaks volumes for how even fellow Steelers fans feel about that site and some of the people there.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
I guess if you pick up a hooker and have sex with her, all women are ******. :wacko:

They're not???? WTF??? OMG!!!! First I find out there is no Santa Claus, and no Easter Bunny, and now this????

Damn you DAD! YOU LIED AGAIN!!!!!! :shock:

/BigBenMode=Off

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's days like this I wish we had a "Do Not Like" button.

Use the ignore feature if it bothers you that bad. I'm not directing this at all the Steelers fans who posted on here, not the decent ones. But this is the first time I've seriously been tempted to use the ignore feature. It's got to be pretty bad to top Viking and Bears fans.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Use the ignore feature if it bothers you that bad. I'm not directing this at all the Steelers fans who posted on here, not the decent ones. But this is the first time I've seriously been tempted to use the ignore feature. It's got to be pretty bad to top Viking and Bears fans.

Unfortunately the ignore thing doesn't work if they get their post quoted so you do end up seeing the person's post your trying to ignore sometimes.

As for the unlike button. You can click on the add "reputation" icon (the justice scales) and say you dislike what somebody said which I believe will remove reputation.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score

It doesn't bother me that bad. It was just a quip.

T

TMC

Here is my last statement about the subject.

I came here to talk football and was doing that quite well until a thread needed to be dedicated to me.

Now, this has become a pissing contest.

You want me gone. I am gone.

So much for actually wanting to talk football with other fans.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Find a Packer site and pick a fight" seems pretty black and white to me. What did he think would happen? That his minions would just sit idly by, singing kumbyah and politely discuss the game?

Perhaps it was a poor choice of words on his part, in which case he should man up, own it and choose his words more carefully next time.

Hollywood Bags

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hit the bricks if you do not like it. I know you do not like SteelerNation. It is evident by your negative karma rating AT SteelerNation, where you have been a member since Dec. Maybe you do not like it because when you post about how the Ravens would whip the Steelers in the playoffs, people did not agree. You seem to always want to tout the opposition and drag the Steelers.

And you wonder why fans of the Steelers disagree with you. Wow.

Well, the Ravens almost DID whip the Steelers until they fortunately imploded in the second half for whatever reason. Look, you fool, I don't care if people don't agree with me, nor do I expect people to agree with me. It is the juvenille, sophmoric behavior and cowardly moderators that make me dislike Steeler Nation.

Hollywood Bags

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Good grief, cry me a river. Nobody "wants you gone", and they made that perfectly clear. But if you'd rather take your ball and go home, by all means do it.

LombardiChick

Reaction score

I came here to talk football and was doing that quite well until a thread needed to be dedicated to me.

Can I have your credits? I'm trying to buy jerseys for the game. (I KID, I KID.)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

LombardiChick

Reaction score
OMG, thank you TMC! Seriously - thanks! (I swear I was teasing, but I AM trying to buy jerseys for the game. Thank you. Very decent of you.)

On edit: OMG, did someone just give me some more??! You guys are awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts