1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Steeler Nation forum wants to fight

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,413 / 55 / -16
    Well that is just a tiny example.
    The majority of things on here are positive and upbeat and with class. MAJORITY.
    Funny how you left out anything with class or being positive.

OK so I'm going to take the moral high ground and be better than you and leave and let go of this one and go back to talking football in other threads.

You could learn from my example.
    Have a nice day.
  2. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +963 / 25 / -9
    The knuckle draggers are invading Footballpros as well. A Steelers fan made the following post:

Wow. He'll risk giving up a TD and having Harrison removed from the game if it results in Rodgers being knocked out for the game. Classy. Real classy.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    This was the most pathetic thing I've seen on the internet.

They go to other forums just to pick fights? How more pathetic can it be?
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Hollywood Bags

Hollywood Bags Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Yes, there is. Now can you please stop this incessant whining. You haven't been banned, and they made it clear you're welcome to post here. Just talk football like an adult so you don't give a bad name to all Steeler fans.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317 / 0 / -0
    GoSlash has been posting here, he's been pretty good.

I don't see why everyone can't just ignore the trolls and discuss good football with the earnest fans. If it's smack talk, it's only fair to return fire (in a smack thread). If it's a true discussion, OBVIOUSLY each fan is going to defend their team, and know their weaknesses. It doesn't need to come down to petty insults and accusations.

Each side needs to just man up and stop acting like children.
  6. Steeler Tim

Steeler Tim Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry TMC. You seem to be very knowledgeable and I don't remember a bad post by you at this site ... but the comments made by others at SteelerNation were completely out of bounds. I know we get bored with the 2 week break between games ... it's one of the reasons I go to opponents sites so I can learn about their team and strike up a conversation. It helps pass the time ... but the things they were saying at SteelerNation was as classless as anything I've ever heard. While you post there and might think different to an outsider they seem like a bunch of twelve year olds who want to be internet tough guys. I don't see how they can be defended.

As for the posting of 'vile' steeler pictures ... really? Those pics bother you? I think they are funny as hell. They are certainly nothing steeler fans haven't seen before. Since you go to other sites I know you aren't thin skinned and are not offended by these pictures. You are just trying to make a point here but you really needn't. The admin has apologized if he upset you by putting your name in the thread title. He has done it several times. All should be well.

I do agree with you that some of the Packer fans have gone overboard with classless comments about Harrison. Please, I don't want to hear the excuse "but they did it first". That's a 6 year olds argument. You either have class or you don't. Just because someone else is classless dosen't give you a reason to be classless also. You can defend your team or position in other ways.

and as Dennis Miller says ... That's just my opinion, I could be wrong. :)
    • Like Like x 3
  7. TMC

TMC Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  8. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +577 / 1 / -0
    SteelerNation's admin pushing for a tolling attack on this forum isn't wrong? Your members wishing for dirty cheap shots etc..isn't wrong? Other Steeler forums disagree with you.

Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

We welcome opposing fans unless they come here to Troll and stir up trouble. I enjoy reading opposing views and talking with other fans. You want to troll and talk smack, there is a forum for it. Apparently your trolls from SteelerNation couldn't figure that out (their own words).

What's your idea of discussing football? Xs and Os talk ad nauseam? Start some threads here and you'll get people discussing X's and O's if that is what you want to discuss. But, if the basic premise of one's argument is contested, there isn't much left to discuss. I find it pointless to try to discuss who's team is better at X.Y.Z as each side stubbornly holds onto it's "Facts".

Some people prefer the storylines behind the teams/NFL more than discussing the zone blitzing schemes of both teams. That's a fan's prerogative yet some members of SteelerNation ridiculed this forum's members and continue to do so. There appears to be some good members on your forum, but they seem to be in the minority.

Good luck to your team in the SB. May the best team win and both sides come out with no injuries. I highly doubt anybody on SteelerNation could cough out the same thing to GB fans.
    • Like Like x 3
  9. TMC

TMC Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  10. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,399 / 7 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    What the hell is TMC????
    • Like Like x 2
  11. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215 / 0 / -0

That link speaks volumes for how even fellow Steelers fans feel about that site and some of the people there.
  12. TheSnowPlow

TheSnowPlow Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +491 / 0 / -0

They're not???? WTF??? OMG!!!! First I find out there is no Santa Claus, and no Easter Bunny, and now this????

Damn you DAD! YOU LIED AGAIN!!!!!! :shock:

/BigBenMode=Off
    • Like Like x 2
  13. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +643 / 0 / -0
    It's days like this I wish we had a "Do Not Like" button.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. TheSnowPlow

TheSnowPlow Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +491 / 0 / -0
    The Movie Channel. One of the earlier HBO-wannabes. :dontknow:
  15. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,399 / 7 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Use the ignore feature if it bothers you that bad. I'm not directing this at all the Steelers fans who posted on here, not the decent ones. But this is the first time I've seriously been tempted to use the ignore feature. It's got to be pretty bad to top Viking and Bears fans.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. TMC

TMC Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  17. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +577 / 1 / -0
    Unfortunately the ignore thing doesn't work if they get their post quoted so you do end up seeing the person's post your trying to ignore sometimes.

As for the unlike button. You can click on the add "reputation" icon (the justice scales) and say you dislike what somebody said which I believe will remove reputation.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. LombardiChick

Ratings:
    +643 / 0 / -0
    It doesn't bother me that bad. It was just a quip.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. TMC

TMC Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here is my last statement about the subject.

I came here to talk football and was doing that quite well until a thread needed to be dedicated to me.

Now, this has become a pissing contest.

You want me gone. I am gone.

So much for actually wanting to talk football with other fans.
  20. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +963 / 25 / -9
    "Find a Packer site and pick a fight" seems pretty black and white to me. What did he think would happen? That his minions would just sit idly by, singing kumbyah and politely discuss the game?

Perhaps it was a poor choice of words on his part, in which case he should man up, own it and choose his words more carefully next time.
    • Like Like x 4
  21. Hollywood Bags

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Well, the Ravens almost DID whip the Steelers until they fortunately imploded in the second half for whatever reason. Look, you fool, I don't care if people don't agree with me, nor do I expect people to agree with me. It is the juvenille, sophmoric behavior and cowardly moderators that make me dislike Steeler Nation.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Hollywood Bags

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Good grief, cry me a river. Nobody "wants you gone", and they made that perfectly clear. But if you'd rather take your ball and go home, by all means do it.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. LombardiChick

Ratings:
    +643 / 0 / -0
    Can I have your credits? I'm trying to buy jerseys for the game. (I KID, I KID.)
    • Like Like x 2
  24. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
  25. LombardiChick

Ratings:
    +643 / 0 / -0
    OMG, thank you TMC! Seriously - thanks! (I swear I was teasing, but I AM trying to buy jerseys for the game. Thank you. Very decent of you.)

On edit: OMG, did someone just give me some more??! You guys are awesome!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.