Steeler Fan here

BigNastyD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Packer fans!! Since I have been unable to see GB this year, I have a question. What is going on with Favre and the INT's?? Is he getting tons of pressure, bad reads, poor decision making? You guys have a very good run D and it will be tough for us to run it all day. Williams is the only person I see that really did any damage to you guys in that dept.

We haven't been up to GB in 10 years, so it will interesting to see how the players react to a stadium that we cant own with our fan base. You guys have that locked up for years.

I look forward to a great game (no injuries) It should be an interesting matchup.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is missing 3 of his 5 starting WRs; he is missing his top 2 RBs; he just got his #1 TE back; and the O-line is playing decently but clearly not up to the level of the past. He once again has the ENTIRE weight of the team on his shoulders and, being the gambling-type QB he is, he has begun to throw some risky balls in order to make things happen for an injury depleted team.

Basically, he is a one man offense at this point and he will lose more often than win without some help.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey BigNastyD glad to have you on the site! Did you wonder over from steelernation?

Favre is short weapons and having to force a lot of balls. Hopefully our crowd is the 12th man, but this could be a beating laid down by the steelers.

I hope it's a good game, and for the love of God no more dang injuries, they are killing us!

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
Hey BigNastyD glad to have you on the site! Did you wonder over from steelernation?

Favre is short weapons and having to force a lot of balls. Hopefully our crowd is the 12th man, but this could be a beating laid down by the steelers.

I hope it's a good game, and for the love of God no more dang injuries, they are killing us!
Come on Ryan get on the positive thinking band wagon that goin on on this Forum. No more negative thinking!
Back the Pack!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
B

BigNastyD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes...I wondered over from Steeler Nation. I would tell some of you guys to come over and visit, but you better be ready for some vulgarity. Well, ok...a lot of vulgarity. :D

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
Come on Ryan get on the positive thinking band wagon that goin on on this Forum. No more negative thinking!
Back the Pack!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny I just saw your post on that in another thread. :)

BigNastyD said:
Yes...I wondered over from Steeler Nation. I would tell some of you guys to come over and visit, but you better be ready for some vulgarity. Well, ok...a lot of vulgarity.
Fair enough warning. Just not the way we like to run it over here :) Are you the/an admin at steelernation.com?

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett did throw 5 picks last week.

Heck The Bengals get 5 picks from everyone in the NFC North. They got 5 against the Vikings this year, and 5 against the Bears this year, so it was only natural they got 5 against the Pack. Detroit is next.

Brett is still Brett and like Terrell Owens said this week: "If Brett Farve was the Eagles QB we would win the Super Bowl this year."

RP

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TO is an egotistical disgrace to his team and his QB. The guy is cancer...nothing more or less!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider.... where did you read that? I've got to have a copy. My iggle buddies have been chiding me all season. I keep telling them that a Brett Favre with no weapons is still better than a McNabb with weapons. Can you get me a copy of that quote?

BTW....digs is right about TO. He will do anything he can to put down McNabb. Don't take his quote as a compliment to Favre. If he said it, it was to slap McNabb in the face.

OP
OP
B

BigNastyD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair enough warning. Just not the way we like to run it over here Are you the/an admin at steelernation.com?

No..Diamond Dave is the owner of the board.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If TO was on the Packers..they'd have a good chance of getting there....

Say what you will about him..the guy's a talent....

(I said last year the Packers should have tried to get Plaxico Burress..look what he's doing with the Giants this year!)

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will take our #1, Javon Walker, over Plaxico ANY DAY OF THE WEEK! There is no accounting for in-season injury when rosters are finalized before it even begins. Last I looked, Donald Driver is having ANOTHER fantastic year. T-Murph was beginning to shine when he went down.

66, are you telling me you would rather have Burress over Walker? Walker is much more dangerous and has a better build to absorb a season's worth of hits. Broken bones and torn ligaments are another thing altogether. Walker is a MUCH more physical and dangerous presence than Burress.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
be that as it may..digs

it would be NICE if for once the Packers could have a guy like Burress AND Walker...(i know he's better than Driver)..but i'm sure you're gonna say that the Pack doesn't have the cap room...or something..because Joe Johnson and other errant signings

which is my point...

Other teams can have 2 EXCEPTIONAL receivers and a GOOD 3rd receiver like Driver...but somehow the Packers have not been able to do it since Holmgren left...

wonder why that is...?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
I will take our #1, Javon Walker, over Plaxico ANY DAY OF THE WEEK! There is no accounting for in-season injury when rosters are finalized before it even begins. Last I looked, Donald Driver is having ANOTHER fantastic year. T-Murph was beginning to shine when he went down.

66, are you telling me you would rather have Burress over Walker? Walker is much more dangerous and has a better build to absorb a season's worth of hits. Broken bones and torn ligaments are another thing altogether. Walker is a MUCH more physical and dangerous presence than Burress.

Digs is right - what I hated about that injury was the way the Defense, while tackling, wrapped him up like it was a wrestling move, for the tackle.... And, since then, I haven't seen anyone else try that style to tackle a Wideout... on anybody... sorta smells pre-planned, if ya know what I mean... Anyone watchin' that guy tackle other Wideouts like that?

cdnpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett is still Brett and like Terrell Owens said this week: "If Brett Farve was the Eagles QB we would win the Super Bowl this year."

Wow did he actually say that? I love Favre (even though I think he really hurt the Packers last week with the 5 picks, everyone knows Favre is a great QB)...but if he said that, what a d*ck. He's a great player but a headcase. McNabb is all class and a really good QB too. He's one of the better QB's in the NFL and he doesn't call out his own players.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BigNastyD said:
Hey Packer fans!! Since I have been unable to see GB this year, I have a question. What is going on with Favre and the INT's?? Is he getting tons of pressure, bad reads, poor decision making? You guys have a very good run D and it will be tough for us to run it all day. Williams is the only person I see that really did any damage to you guys in that dept.

We haven't been up to GB in 10 years, so it will interesting to see how the players react to a stadium that we cant own with our fan base. You guys have that locked up for years.

I look forward to a great game (no injuries) It should be an interesting matchup.

Welcome aboard,

Besides the obvious in drafting Big Ben, I'd like to hear your observations on how a 6-10 Steeler team turned it around the next year to become 15-1. We Packer fans need to hear some optimism so maybe we have a chance to turn it around quickly like the Steelers did.

Hopefully if we draft high, we can hit the jackpot with an impact player similar to the way the Steelers did with Big Ben. But I'd be curious as to what other factors you felt helped turn around the Steelers too so quickly.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
DePack,

I heard it on the radio Monday morning here in San Diego.

Dan Patrick on ESPN Radio was talking about T.O.'s remark and if Brett really could lead the Eagles to the Super Bowl.

Are you sure? I didn't hear the comments first hand, but later in the Dan Patrick program he was talking as if Michael Irvin was the one who made the comments, and Dan said you have to take Irvins' comments with a grain of salt because he always has an agendga for the receivers and sticks up for them.

If Irvin was the one who made those comments, I thought it was ironic considering how Irvin said the other week how Favre doesn't have it anymore.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AZ...

I caught the program when I got back in the car. Patrick was talking with Irving.... But I swear Patrick stated to Irving: "Why would T.O. say that if Brett were the Quarterback of the Eagles they would win the Super Bowl. Irving was laughing about it... and they did talk about if he was the QB would they win the Super Bowl.

I did not hear the begining of the interview with Irving? If T.O. did not make the comment why would Irving say he did?

I am confused?

RP

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts