Stealers are AFC: So what?

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
No, but if that was consistant, AND, we never lost to the same team twice in a row, AND, we were caught with a video tape of the hand signals from the other team,

Then, you should give it serious consideration.

There were what...six tapes? Something like that?

I think the Patriots are living inside your head, rent-free. That's what I think. :wink:

How do you explain the fact that now that the supposed "advantage" is years behind them, they still beat your team like a red-headed stepchild at Heinz?

Anyway - good luck tomorrow. I want to win, and I want it bad - but if I don't get it, enjoy yourself.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Maybe the Steelers have never changed their defensive signals since tbe early 2000s. Thats the only possible explanation :rotfl:

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
BTW,

Um, I have refrained from personal comments towards you. A little class back would be appreciated.

Fair enough. I apologize for that, but in my own defense I was refering to your arguments aboutthe Pats being cheaters, rather than you personally.

LombardiChick

Reaction score
Now I know that you know qbsolutely **** about football when it comes to how O and D lines operate at a low level.

Also, Hines Ward is an offensive player - he wouldnt be on the field to hear our offense calling out defensive formations that we would have gleaned from defensive signals - defensive signals are what tells the defense on the field what to do against the offense on the field.

Ward would not be on the field when our offense is. :rotfl:

Well, that's a good point. :grin:

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Well, that's a good point. :grin:

The only way it is plausible would be if one of the defensive guys said, "Damn, Ward... It's like they know where what blitz scheme we're running out there..." and later, when "spygate" happened, it morphed in Ward's head...

But hell, for a long stretch of time I could watch tbe Steeler D and tell who was gonna blitz and from where. I bet Steeler fans did too, if they were honest enough to admit it. Sometimes Lebeau gets... Predictible.

You can do the same thjng with the Jets - their OC gets so predictable, you know whats going to hqppen before it does. :D

Preacher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair enough. I apologize for that, but in my own defense I was refering to your arguments aboutthe Pats being cheaters, rather than you personally.

:drinks:

Not a problem. Thanks, and I apologize if you feel like I was baiting or flaming you into a personal attack. Not my intent.

and on Ward, I think he was actually referring to the defense, in that he thinks the defense was doing it as well.

I believe Farrior or another LB (not porter :icon_wink:) said what I said above-but at this point, i really don't care to go find the link (12:30 AM and I have to get up early to preach tomorrow!).

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
:drinks:

Not a problem. Thanks, and I apologize if you feel like I was baiting or flaming you into a personal attack. Not my intent.

and on Ward, I think he was actually referring to the defense, in that he thinks the defense was doing it as well.

I believe Farrior or another LB (not porter :icon_wink:) said what I said above-but at this point, i really don't care to go find the link (12:30 AM and I have to get up early to preach tomorrow!).

Well, have a good night then. While there are some Steeler players I dislike, I've always thought that the Pats, Steelers, and Colts have been the class of the AFC for the past decade, always battling it out to be number one, and the matchups have always been exciting.

We disagree about SpyGate, but otherwise we're just fans of two of the AFC's best teams...

Steeler Tim

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, have a good night then. While there are some Steeler players I dislike, I've always thought that the Pats, Steelers, and Colts have been the class of the AFC for the past decade, always battling it out to be number one, and the matchups have always been exciting.

We disagree about SpyGate, but otherwise we're just fans of two of the AFC's best teams...

Actually I don't think we disagree about SpyGate. I think Goodell was out to make a name for himself and that was the issue he chose. Just like I think the only reason he went after Ben was because of the media attention ... not because Ben did anything wrong (except act like an ***). Same thing with the player concussion issue. One weekend the hits generate mega bad publicity and he gets his ******* in a bunch. He over reacts and instead of making safety equipment mandatory he lays it on the players.

This guy will ruin this game. JMO

Burgh Splat Lambert

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still the Steelers were never fined for any of the Superbowl penalties that were pretty spot on. I know the Patriots were fined and lost a draft pick for Spygate.

The Steelers - Cardinals game was also tick-tacky. There were so many penalties in that game my head was starting to spin. Granted most of them were on the Cardinals D but there were many key calls against the Steelers in that game that were also questionable. The Steelers also had the touchdown with Ben at the beginning that was called down. It was like deja vu all over again, but we got 3 points, and 3 and a half quarters later still won that game.
I hope they let both teams play without to many penalties called, if so, should be a blood bath.:yahoo:Can't wait!

Burgh Splat Lambert

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're not talking about whether Seattle was "sooooo good", are we? The blown calls that went your way in that game actually caused the referee sleepless nights - and you're talking "what if" about an interception return? Here - please read:

RENTON, Wash. (AP) -- Saying "I'll go to my grave" with regret, NFL referee Bill Leavy reopened a Seahawks' wound that won't heal by acknowledging he made mistakes in Seattle's disputed, 2006 Super Bowl loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The veteran official began an annual training-camp rules interpretation session with the Seattle media after practice on Friday by bringing up the sore subject without being asked.

"It was a tough thing for me. I kicked two calls in the fourth quarter and I impacted the game, and as an official you never want to do that," said the veteran of 15 NFL seasons and two Super Bowls.

"It left me with a lot of sleepless nights, and I think about it constantly," Leavy said of the game in February 2006. "I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better."

Terrible. If I were a Steelers fan, you can be damned well sure I would not be talking about asterisks applying to other teams. That's the point.
Leavy admitted to 2 bad calls, and Seattle couldn't score more than 10 pts. Lets talk about dropped passes, 2 missed field goals, Hass throwing interception on a scoring drive. Seattle had plenty of opportunities to win and blew it. Bottom line is, both teams played a lousy game, worst super bowl I ever watched.

Burgh Splat Lambert

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know who got screwed because of Cheating? The Packers. They won a Super Bowl in 1996. They returned to the Super Bowl in 1997. Their opponent, Denver, used a series of illegal salary cap violations in order to keep a team together that then won a Super Bowl that, had they played by the rules, probably would not have been in to begin with. They then followed up that Super Bowl in 1997 by winning the next one - again, by not having to lose players to free agency by using illegal methods to circumvent the Salary Cap.

THAT is cheating, and they gained a SERIOUS competitive advantage by doing so. Why does no one call Denver cheaters? Their actions actually gave them an advantage over other teams BIG TIME.

Oh, and the Steelers, among other teams, were also found to be manipulating salary caps as well. Are they cheaters?
They all do it, and I'm sure if you dig deep enough, you will find that the Packers violated the rules at one time or another.

Burgh Splat Lambert

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't matter about the doctor. I'll just go with sensationalized media reports about it when it happened, and believe what I want to believe about it instead, like people seem to do with "spygate". All it needs is a catchy -gate name and stuff.

Cuz we all know that the sports media would never sensationalize stuff about players and teams and stuff and make things seem worse and/or different than they are or anything.
Oh, I guess your perception is the truth.

Angel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The afc has been over-rated for some time now and especially this year, just look at how over-rated the patriots were, we should have beat them in their house without Rogers. The Packers are the class of the nfl this year, the Steelers were lucky to beat the Jets.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
The afc has been over-rated for some time now and especially this year, just look at how over-rated the patriots were, we should have beat them in their house without Rogers. The Packers are the class of the nfl this year, the Steelers were lucky to beat the Jets.

Of course we were overrated. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year, and I expected with our young inexperienced D that we'd finish no better than 10-6z 14-2 was a pleasant surprise.

LombardiChick

Reaction score
Leavy admitted to 2 bad calls, and Seattle couldn't score more than 10 pts. Lets talk about dropped passes, 2 missed field goals, Hass throwing interception on a scoring drive. Seattle had plenty of opportunities to win and blew it. Bottom line is, both teams played a lousy game, worst super bowl I ever watched.

Well, there's what you say, and then there's what the ref says - and he says he impacted the game. He says he has trouble sleeping because of it. He says he will take his mistakes "to the grave."

You say it's not a big deal.

Sounds like a pretty big deal to me.

Staff online

Latest posts