Statues

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a nice idea..........I just don't see where they would do it.
The one of Starr is pretty neat. I saw it by "accident" last summer. I had no idea it was there, and was just walking around when i came across it.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since I don't know the layout around Lambeau, I can't help with suggestions; but I really believe that statues of our most renowned Packers would only add to the unique atmosphere we already have. Perhaps a good spot would be in the Packer Hall-of-fame building. Every Packer player would dream of being in there someday, immortalized. Another tourist attraction. Another reason to be proud of this exceptional franchise.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how many entrances does Lambeau have. I live near the Panthers stadium... and standing guard at every entrance are two enormous statues of Panthers.

I think that would be cool... Lombardi and Lambeau watch over the atrium... so why not have 2 statues at every entrance.

the only problem is who gets to be a statue.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Retired Grandpa -Since 2003 the Packer Hall of Fame has been moved over to the Atrium at Lambeau Field from it's original location in back of the Veteran's Memorial Arena building.

However, There are Oneida Nation "Walk of Legends " monuments honoring Green Bay Packer players located through out the area east Lambeau Field. But not located on 30 acres that Lambeau Field and facilities are located on. The following players have monuments honoring them : Brett Favre, Tony Canadeo, Reggie White, Jerry Kramer, Ray Nitschke, Paul Hornung, plus Coach/GM Vince Lombardi and the Green Bay town teams from 1895-1919. have monuments in an area east of Lambeau Field.

By 2009, there will be a total of 24 of these "Walk of Legends " monuments located in the area near Lambeau Field complex.

Bart Starr plaza and Statue of Bart Starr has been removed from the location in front of Reush Center. This locatiion of Bart Starr plaza apparently violated an agreement that was made with the person who donated great amount money to have Ruesh Center named after him. There is a committee looking for the proper location to relocate Bart Starr Statue and Bart Starr plaza. I have not heard of any decison ,as to the location as yet.

All the retired Great Packer players named above , already have displays honoring them in the Packer Hall of Fame except Brett Favre. he will be in there next.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Retired Grandpa -Since 2003 the Packer Hall of Fame has been moved over to the Atrium at Lambeau Field from it's original location in back of the Veteran's Memorial Arena building.

However, There are Oneida Nation "Walk of Legends " monuments honoring Green Bay Packer players located through out the area east Lambeau Field. But not located on 30 acres that Lambeau Field and facilities are located on. The following players have monuments honoring them : Brett Favre, Tony Canadeo, Reggie White, Jerry Kramer, Ray Nitschke, Paul Hornung, plus Coach/GM Vince Lombardi and the Green Bay town teams from 1895-1919. have monuments in an area east of Lambeau Field.

By 2009, there will be a total of 24 of these "Walk of Legends " monuments located in the area near Lambeau Field complex.

Bart Starr plaza and Statue of Bart Starr has been removed from the location in front of Reush Center. This locatiion of Bart Starr plaza apparently violated an agreement that was made with the person who donated great amount money to have Ruesh Center named after him. There is a committee looking for the proper location to relocate Bart Starr Statue and Bart Starr plaza. I have not heard of any decison ,as to the location as yet.

All the retired Great Packer players named above , already have displays honoring them in the Packer Hall of Fame except Brett Favre. he will be in there next.

Thanks. :cool:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Why not some 9-foot McFarlanes figures? Those suckers would pull some serious paper on ebay..
That would be SWEET!!!
Maybe i could get a 9 foot Chad Pennington, and paint it too look like Brett Favre!
(I've had a little expierience with the 3 inch ones.........oh geez, i opened myself up for more "he has expierience with 3 inchers" jokes!!!) :lol:

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for your input, PWT36. I had no idea re this. Honoring the former greats can only inspire present time players to greatness. All would love to be immortalized.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to see the statues lining the walkway from the stadium to the practice fields. That way, every training camp the newbies would walk down the isle.

Members online

Latest posts